Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Little Round Brown Spots Around Breasts...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I've noticed little round brown spots that sort of resemble freckles around my my nipples on my breasts since a few months into pregnancy. What are these and are they normal? Will they go away? Just curious if its something to cause concern over.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bethany_Anya
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Certain hormones during pregnancy can change your skin pigmentation. This is perfectly normal. You can have dark patches and lines, skin tags, and other strange things happen that will eventually fade away or disappear completely. Some may not go away, but usually it just takes a while.

Freckles can become a little darker as well, so you might have had freckles there and just never noticed them because they were so light in color.

There is also the case of little white raised bumps that can form on your breasts in the areola. I have never gotten them, but they are there to keep your breasts moisturized once the baby is feeding. There is nothing to be concerned about with this either.
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
mominashoe wrote:
Certain hormones during pregnancy can change your skin pigmentation. This is perfectly normal. You can have dark patches and lines, skin tags, and other strange things happen that will eventually fade away or disappear completely. Some may not go away, but usually it just takes a while.

Freckles can become a little darker as well, so you might have had freckles there and just never noticed them because they were so light in color.

There is also the case of little white raised bumps that can form on your breasts in the areola. I have never gotten them, but they are there to keep your breasts moisturized once the baby is feeding. There is nothing to be concerned about with this either.

Thankyou, I feel better about this concern now. I was just wondering because I thought maybe there was something wrong with me.
|

replied April 16th, 2009
I have the same thing but its like they looks like freckles but feel like scabs and come off easy but bleed. I don't know what they are but I am getting worried.
|

replied November 2nd, 2010
I have the same thing. They have popped up since the last few weeks of my pregnancy and more have come up since I delivered. They become raised and they peel off but don't bleed. I'm guessing it's fairly common.
|

replied March 19th, 2011
freckles
I have Found a few spots well the look like
freckles but feel like scabs and come off easy underneath my breast... I have done a pregnacy test but it came back negavtive .But am still late. Confussed . Could you help..
|

replied August 1st, 2011
It takes six to eight weeks to get a positive on a pregnancy test. I took one of the early response tests but I still didn't come out positive until 8 weeks
|
Quick Reply