Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Cabin Fever

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
User Profile
I am getting it bad. It's snowing again-we are supposed to get 6 inches again today. I am all for sitting at home and being cozy, but the children are starting to peel the wall paper off the walls, figuratively speaking. I would take them outside, but Hannah just cries when the snow touches her face. She's a real cupcake when it comes to cold weather. We will have to toughen her up a bit if she's ever going to be a snowboarder. Anyway, this morning she was dancing around in the mist that the humidifier blows, LOL. It was so funny. She is also covered in sticky goo from a candy cane that her sister gave her.

I am completely uninspired to do anything that looks remotely like work, and am right now sitting here in my footie pajamas with my cup of coffee. I should just put some peppermint schnapps in it and spend the day on the couch with some movies. Geneva wants me to take her to the skating rink later, but that still doesn't solve the Hannah problem. that child needs to burn off some misceivious energy, I tell ya.

When does school start? Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'd be a grump in the snow too!!! LOL!!! I couldn't imagine snow...and how INSANLY cold it is!!!

It's 51* down here and I'm DYING!!! We're all bundled up, doing laundry!!

Our blood would FREEZE in the snow. EEK!!

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
We are supposed to get more snow here too.

Maybe promise her a big cup of hot chocolate if she goes out to play in the snow for awhile. Then add some peppermint schnapps to your cup too. Baileys is great in coffee! LOL good luck.

We always entertained ourselves outside, building snowmen, snowforts, ice skating, sliding, and generally just terrorizing the neighborhood. My mother wouldn't have had it any other way.
|

Especially eHealthy
Ya know, sometimes I wish I lived where it snowed. Even a little snow.

I mean, winter/Christmas time SCREAMS snow. Everyone relates these times to snowy weather...

But then it get a little chilly down here and I TOOOOTALLY change my mind!!!!

It seems like because our humidty is sooo high, that when it's cold...it's COLDER!! Like yalls air is thinner than ours or something...

Hell, I don't know...I've NEVER been in the snow...or made an ice angel... Sad

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
I couldn't imagine not having snow. I always complain about it and the cold, but when it comes right down to it I love Maine!!!

It was 50 degrees here yesterday and I was outside without a jacket.

I couldn't take LA heat even for a second!
|

Most Diplomatic Poster
i don't do so well with heat. it's about 7 degrees F here today and that's considered balmy for december here. we've got about two feet of snow in the yard and the winter isn't half over. i guess that's why i like being so fluffy, lol.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I lived in Iowa for 24 years. It was disgustingly hot in the summer and frigid in the winter. I hated every minute of it. the humidity was sickening-like living in a giant armpit. Then one day I realized that i didn't have to live there if I didn't want to. So I moved. I imagine the storm we are having should be out your way in a couple of days, so you might want to do some grocery shopping!
Ususally the snow is only here for a few days before it melts away and the weather turns nice again. Today marks the 12th year we have lived in colorado. The day we moved here (December 27th) it was 60 degrees and sunny. I love it here! But we are having more snow days than usual, so I am getting stir crazy.
|

Especially eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:

It's 51* down here and I'm DYING!!! We're all bundled up, doing laundry!!

this is hilarious to me. when it's 51* here some people are out in shorts!
|

Especially eHealthy
now that the suns out, it's HOT!!!

When I posted it was chilly with no sun!

I love the weather down here....except the summer!!

Sarah
|

Most Diplomatic Poster
the cool thing about having winters is you don't get gigantic, monster bugs. a friend of mine was telling me about a garden party she went to in new orleans - she said she heard this loud whirring sound and all of a sudden this huge brown thing landed on their table. she freaked and they were laughing at her. they said it was a flying cockroach. a FLYING COCKROACH!!! i've never even seen a non-flying one. we just don't have as many bugs here and i'll take winter over creepy crawlies any day.
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, we don't have roaches or fleas-two things I cannot stand! It snowed all day again the day before yesterday, but today is bright and sunny. Yesterday I spent the entire day being sick onthe couch. I'm feeling better today, but yesterday I was sooo sick. So much pressure in my head, it was awful. I had the two yahoos with me all day because dh was working. Luckily, they were pretty well behaved. We just watched movies all day. I am sending the children outside today to play in the snow because they NEED to go out and run.
|