Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Lump Under Left Nipple (Page 1)

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
i am a teenage boy i have just found a small lump in my left nipple is this normal i am started to get worried about it.
and i dont want to tell anyone in case they laugh
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pankaj
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
How does this lump look?
How big is and did appear suddenly?
Is it located in the dark area around the nipple or just on the nipple?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2008
How big is the lump?
When did this start?

It is possible for a boy to have breast cancer, and I would recommend you going to a doctor to get it checked out.
|

replied February 9th, 2008
Think I have the same.
I think i have the samething. I first noticed it as a teen and had it checked out by a doc. He diognosed it as something called pre adolescant ____(forgot the last word, I am now 41 and had it checked about 25 yrs ago) but if its the same thing it can get a little tender sometimes. It happens to a degree in something like 1 out of 10 males but its pretty much harmless. I still feel mine. Please dont take this as a diognosis and not get it checked out but i remember feeling the exact same way with the same feeling. Please still have a family doc check you. Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Extra breast tissue (less than 1-1/2 inches across) located directly under the nipple in teenagers is known as pubertal gynecomastia. It can be presented on one side or on both sides and it can be caused by changes in hormones at puberty or some kind of disease can be the underlying reason.
As many as 65% of 14-year-old boys have gynecomastia.
In most cases, no treatment is needed, but is a good idea to visit your doctor.
|

replied February 20th, 2008
I too face a problem
hi...
i am 22 yrs old male.. i have been experiencing pain in my nipples for the past one month or so.. they pain even when touched... for the past 1 to 2 weeks,, it seems like a clot or lump being formed below the skin exactly on both the nipples... sizing some 2cms....
could someone plz guide... should i worry about it... i have never had any such problems earlier in life... plz guide...
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, pankaj!
Lumps located directly under nipples and tender breasts are symptoms of gynecomastia.
Do you take some medicines or illegal drugs?
Are you suffering from chronic illness (liver, kidney disease)?
Do you have some thyroid disorders?
|

replied February 22nd, 2008
hi..
hi,,

thank u for replying..

i dont take any medicines... ya in case of headaches i do take disprin tablets.... that is hardly once a week... i have never taken any drugs in my life... no smoking either... not even drinking... i also dont suffer from any cronic disease of liver or kidney or such... no thyroid disorders till now...
no other disease.....
is there anyting for me to worry,,,,
could u plz tell me smthing about gynecomastia,, what to do about it n all....

thanks..
|

replied February 18th, 2012
Its Puberty!!
hi,

i am experiencing the same symptoms, and i am 12. As i was
quite worried i researched it and it turns out it that it is just puberty kicking in. This lump under your nipple is just a group of hormones and should naturally disappear within a few months!There is nothing to worry about, though it is recommended you see your GP just in case.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome anytime!
Young boys and adult with this condition need to visit a doctor, because an underlying condition can be a reason for that. Solving or keeping the underlying condition under control, can resolve gynecomastia problem.
You should be checked for hormone imbalance and some other test may be performed (mammogram, biopsy)
I think you shouldn't worry about breast cancer, because it is very rare in males and lumps caused by cancer are usually not underneath the nipple, where breast tissue from gynecomastia grows.
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Thank you...
I wholeheartedly thank you for the reply...

your help was valuable...

thank you..
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome anytime!
Please, inform me if you visit a doctor.
Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied September 2nd, 2008
I have the same issuue im about 14 and i have that same lump in the dark area, i haved read all of the other posts and i thank everone for that information, my family members and i went to a family doctor and he said it is a hormone,,,at first the lumps were on both sides,,then only on the right, then they were gone for 6 months, now it is on the left but it is much larger, and i too dont want to tell much people because the will most likely laugh.
|

replied March 18th, 2009
this is the same with me thankyou so much guys...
|

replied September 17th, 2009
lump in teenage male breast, under nipple
my son is now 13 and the lump is under his left nipple. It began about a month ago and now the breast itself is larger. He is concerned but doesn't want to see the Doctor. By phone the Doc said it was very common and after reading all of theses comments, I feel much better.
Thank you.
|

replied May 5th, 2011
pls help
I just noticed d lump under my nipples a month ago but im actually pregnant now.the lump is a very small ball and its under the dark is it something i should be worried about.pls i need ur response urgently.
|

replied January 4th, 2012
Hi i have the same thing on both of my nipples and am wondering how long this is going to last
|

replied January 9th, 2012
alrightyyyy im 16 and i recall having a small whatever these things are under my right nipple a few years ago. Now i have one under my left nipple and its getting bigger i think...should i be worried if it got bigger?

other notes...
i have been running track for the past 2 years (sprinting) and lift weights more often now while taking protein shakes after work outs. i am in good shape
|

replied January 18th, 2012
hi, my son is 14 and 2 days ago found a lump on the dark part of his left nipple which is only sore to touch, i have read all the other posts which has put my mind at ease a little as i have been really worried not knowing anything about this, never the less i have made an appointment for him to see doctor tomorrow
|

replied January 21st, 2012
First of all thank you all for your posts. my twelve year old son came to me earlier this night and expressed concern over a lump directly under his right nipple. At first my stomach just dropped and my heart started racing I was so upset, but after reading these posts and some information on the American Cancer Society website I feel a little better. I am going to take him to the doctor first thing Monday morning. At least I will be able to sleep tonight and tomorrow now. Thank you again for giving me a little peace of mind.
|

replied January 27th, 2012
Possible Gynecomastia
I'm a 15 year old male and have now recently found a lump under the the areola (dark area). For the last 2 years i have also experienced lumps behind my ears (which I believed to be swollen lymph nodes). I am wondering if these problems are linked? Also i have seen that a cause could be due to Kidney problems and as a child i was diagnosed with Renal flux due to a problem with my kidneys and after medication, it was believed to be resolved when i was young. I may just be just acting like a bit of a hypochondriac though :S haha
|
12 >>