Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Herpes In Monogamous Relationship

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
I went to a doctor thinking I had some sort of bacterial infection and she informed me that I have genital herpes. Here's the mystery: My husband and I were both virgins when we met, and neither of us have ever had a different sex partner. Neither of us have ever had cold sores on our mouths, either. I completely trust him, and have no reason to suspect infidelity. How could I contract herpes without having sexual contact with an infected person?

This is such an awful situation, any advice you can provide would be very helpful. Thank you in advance for your reply.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It is possible that the cold sores never showed themselves. Not everyone has outbreaks of them. It can lay dormant and shed without lesions. Their is also the VERY VERY SMALL chance you got it from a public toilet but that is rare.
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Since you were both virgins I would say you got it orally. Did she tell you if you tested positive for Simplex 1 or just Simplex 2? You or your bf could have oral herpes and not know it. Not everyone shows symptoms.

I am very sorry to hear that you dont know how you got it. Thats the tough part of herpes because there really is no sure way to know where you got it or from whom. My heart goes out to you, I know how difficult this can be
|