Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Is Semen Supposed to Drip Out of Vagina After Intercourse? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
My fiance and I have a very active sex life, we make love unprotected in hopes to conceive in the near future, but for some reason after intercourse the semen drips back out, is that normal? do i lie a certain way afterward?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile gabby734
|

replied December 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yeah actually they say prop your butt up on a few pillows for 15-20 mins afterwards gives a better chance of conception
its normal for it to drip out though
|

Especially eHealthy
Very normal. I always place napkins in my underwear when I walk to the bathroom after sex lol. I'm not trying to keep it in at this point.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
what suzy said is good advice. you can try lying with your legs up against the wall too
|

Experienced User
No matter what there will more than likely be a decent amount that leaks out if he spews out a lot. Not to worry you don't have to raise your behind or put your legs up in the air, there are swimmers going down there and plenty of them what falls out will fall out but what shoots out that way will shoot out and make it there.
|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Im Glad Thats Normal
that is a relief, i didnt really feel like standing on my head for 20 mins lol
|

replied February 21st, 2009
helppp
im 17 and my bf is 15 we want to have a baby
and we have been having unprotected sex for pretty much everyday
for about a month and still havent conceived can i not get pregnant
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied January 31st, 2013
Oh no ur not doing nothing right im 22 n u are not readdy especiallr if ur bf is15 the are u thinking his goanna leave u after 4 to 3 months after u get prwgnant I would of thought that at ur age u would of known about stupod litt le boy idk what ur doing 17 n having sex I lost my virginity at 19 plz I was married I I know when u young u think is love I fell in love with my husban at 16 and we have been together since but he had to it to really make sure he was the one it took more than two yrs or tree to give it up to him.....idk what is wrong with u stop n really rhink of what chu doing especially with a stupid little kid...
|

replied April 13th, 2013
he is only 15 live your life
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Re: helppp
wkky3f wrote:
im 17 and my bf is 15 we want to have a baby
and we have been having unprotected sex for pretty much everyday
for about a month and still havent conceived can i not get pregnant

You should have started your own thread however since you have asked this particular question I will provide my answer.

Why on earth would you and your younger boyfriend want to conceive a child? Have either one of you thought about who will raise this child? Childcare cost, medical cost...not to foget diapers, wipes, formula, clothing, lack of sleep, your education, etc....

Let me guess? You two are in love and what better way to prove it by having a child that is part you and him and that this child will love you both unconditionally?

Wrong, wrong, wrong... Good grief, if you must have sex...at least let it be protected....
|

User Profile
Supporter
zigemyster You are absolutely RIGHT! wkky3f why on earth do you and your 15 year old bf want to have a baby now? Can you answer that question? You guys are too young, and when I say toooo young I mean tooo young! Have you sat down to think of how you are going to afford a child? diapers arent cheap you know, and babys poop more than you even know! Lets see formula isnt cheap either, its like 26 bucks a can yeah and you will probably need like 5 to 6 cans a month maybe more unless you plan to breastfeed etc etc Its your life but we are just trying to give you some insight and do the right thing. What if your 15 year old bf gets scared once he sees all the responsibilities that he will have to face, what will you do then, because you know you guys are still kids yourself.... just saying
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2009
Supporter
Let's get back to the original post,

anyway, yes it is normal for it to drip out and I heard masturbation afterward helps a bit.

Don't know if its true but hey worth a try.

Cheers,

Peter
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2009
Supporter
I would have gotten back to the original post if it wasnt written two years ago, the girl didnt start her own thread, she wrote her question under this one.

thanks
|

replied August 10th, 2009
having a baby so young
I know it is a different thread but back to the youngsters who want to concieve. Well, did you watch Oprah. there was a show about a young couple wanting to have sex and even just the act of sex alone raises many concerns but I am sure you have already done it but having a child is another thing. I am 29 and my twin sister had her first baby last year and oh the tears. She was calling me everyday because her husband didn't understand her, wasn't helping with the baby, she was overtired, she had no social life etc. . .so if women who are a good age to have a baby feel overwhelmed and alone, imagine what you will feel. Not to mention post partum depression is very common. I am 29 as I said and I don't have kids now but my husband and I are trying after 8 years of marriage. . .we waited so long because we wanted a career first and we wanted to know each other. It is very important that you know your partner well. I urge you to wait. You need to get what you want out of life first because once you have a child, that person will come first and will also suffer from your mistakes.
|

replied April 24th, 2010
THINK THIS THROUGH!!
What on earth is going on with children now days? just because you have a baby does nto guarantee happiness, nevertheless at your age it guarantees a fatherless baby and once again the statistics for mothers raising children alone goes up. if you and your 15 year old boyfriend really love eachother and want to last, then you may want to wait on the whole baby thing. men mature alot slower than women, so even though you think you may be ready to have a baby or start a family your "boyfriend" is not, the idea may seem cool at the time, but once the idea comes to reality i can say 99.9% your boyfriend will no longer e in the picture. he will see his friends hanging out dating different girls, being a kid enjoying life and will run out on you, then you are stuck raising the baby, and if not that then your boyfriend will be living a double life because he will cheat on you and eventually leave you with all the responsibilities...please think this through before you make this mistake, we have all seen it happen too many times...it even happens to full grown adults so what does that tell you about kid teenagers?
|

replied April 30th, 2010
help
ok here is my question.... my boyfriend and i have sex everyday... i find that sometimes it takes a whole day to leak out, or sometimes not at all.. is that normal? i have an iud and we are not trying to have a child, but the fact that sometimes nothing comes out is begining to worry us.
|

replied April 30th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Bodanda, Since he ejaculates every day, his ejaculate can be very little some days and a lot other days. His level of arousal will also affect how muck he ejaculates.

When you have your orgasm can also make a difference. If you have your orgasm after he ejaculated, the contractions of your uterus can 'suck' up the semen.

So what you are experiencing is quite normal and nothing to be worried about. You can try to force his semen out by doing kegel exercises on the toilet after sex. If you do not do that, a panty liner will take care of keeping your panties clean the next day.

Take care!
|

replied May 6th, 2010
can it still drip the morning after, even if you have gotten up and walked around a lot before you go to bed and nothing came out?
|

replied May 6th, 2010
me and my bf have been trying to have a baby at the beginning of april i skipped my period that whole month but i just got it 2day and the month is May...and also after we have sex this clear liquid comes out and it smells real nasty is that suppose to happen???
|

replied May 6th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Pluto6, Yes, it can. Some women will have flowback for quite a while. I suppose this is one time where tightness is a negative. Just do kegels on the toilet to get rid of it sooner, or let him pull out or wear a condom.
|

replied May 31st, 2010
my husband and i have been tryin to have a baby for a year now, but any time we have sexual intercause and i stand to cleanup a whole lot pills out, i hope this is not a problem
|

replied May 31st, 2010
my husband and i have been tryin to have a baby for a year now, but any time we have sexual intercause and i stand to cleanup a whole lot pills out, i hope this is not a problem
|
12 >>