Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

Veins on testicle,pain on lifting heavy objects

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Alright i think i may have a problem. About a year ago i expierenced some horrible pain in my right testicle and a rock hard little lump. I had it checked out at the ER and a sonogram..all clear and the doctor told me it was something called an appendix teste. Ok. Now its something different, i believe sometimes i may see what looks like a bunch of veins on the lower part of my left testicle but they seem way too big but not where the pictures of varicolles are on the internet. These are only visible after showers. Testicular cancer does not run in the family and i did not have an undescended testicle. I have expierenced a feeling of heaviness in my testicles but not for a long time and i only feel it after i lift something heavy such as a patient on a strecther then to the ambulance etc. *but not everytime as well.(Im an EMT-B but for some reason i just cant shake this feeling) Could it maybe just be an inigual hernia as i dont really have any defined masses just looks kinda like a curved enlaged vein but only one long one. Any help would be nice and appreciated and i believe that on my own im going to see someone, just after the holidays but maybe you guys could help me get some sleep for now. Thankyou
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

replied December 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
whatever this is it doesnt sound like testicular cancer

id go check with the dr though and have them do some tests to make sure everything is ok elsewise
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do the veins on your left testicle appear also after heavy exercise, or when you have been standing or sitting for a long time?
Do you feel discomfort or dull ache in the testicle?
|

replied December 30th, 2007
Well, to tell you the truth i havent really checked after running or anything but after sitting i have noticed what looks like the vein before i go into the shower. Im going to say more discomfort not really a dull ache but i guess i could also say i have felt that from time to time, but mostly the dull ache. Thanks for the help.
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you noticed that the left testicle is smaller on the side where the dilated veins are?
|

replied January 29th, 2008
umm i dont think so im not sure if they are even veins it just looks like them, they very well could be. i think i should get it checked out i dont know what im waiting for. been busy i guess
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
How are you?
Have you been to a doctor in a meantime?

I'm sure you don't have anything serious going on, but , it'll ease your mind if you visit a doctor.
It seems you have testicle varicoceles, that are commonly seen on the left side than in the right due to different anatomic factors. They can lead to discomfort around the testicle, rather than actual pain in the testicle itself.
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I forgot about one thing you mentioned in you initial post, pain on lifting heavy objects.
That can be a reason to be examined for possible inguinal hernia.
Have you noticed that some other activities, besides lifting, that put additional strain to that area, standing for long periods, during urination or a bowel movement, cause aching sensation, too?
|

replied November 12th, 2009
ok ill start off here i have a hydrocele i guess its liek fluid in the testical and i went for a ultrasound they said i have 2 cysts on each of my testicals also i havent have had any pain the doctor said the hydrocele will go down by itself and if not they could drain it i also had to made a descision about surgery for the cysts because it can ruin my chances of having kid i still havent made my desicion yet im kinda scared who wouldnt be anyways the doctor said i shoudlnt feel any pain a month or so went by and i started feelign a pain in my groin area and my lower stomach both on the ride side and that is the side that my right tetsical increased in size and also feels heavier and after i ejaculate it gets bigger just the right one like alot bigger and like a bump appears at the bottom of it and just feels weird and goes down after a hour or so and cant feel it anymore i sometimes feel there is like fluid leaking in the sack thats obviously just the hydrocele its just a weird pain and feeling i ran to teh store to get cigarettes and the pain got worse i bene waiting to go to teh doctors again i just dotn have health insurance so im waiting as long as possible so i dont have to pay the crazy doctors bill and for teh past 4 days when i pee it doesnt burn my actual penis but my stomach burns after or while peeing and i have to deal with teh burnign for like 4 minutes does anyone know what this could be the doctors told me its not cancer or tumors thats the first things they checked for in the ultrasound but then again i honestly think i have a tumor and the doctors just didnt see it or rushed looking at the ultrasound because on the back of the testical there is a large lump i guess thats the cyst but im just seriously scared its a tumor does anyoen else have any of these problems or know anythign about what it coudl possibly be im 19 i havent been working because im scared to lift hewavy things it just sucks its holdign me back from alot of things it takes alot for me to cry and i cry myself to sleep the past couple of nights i cant sleep its just unfortable if anyone can help me out ill check this in a coupel days or so thanks everyonee
|

replied April 26th, 2011
Similar problem
Hi Dic, I am facing similar problem.
Lately i have observed that there is a bunch or veins around and below my left testicle.

It is completely painless but I am worried if this may lead to any major problem ?
|

replied April 26th, 2011
Sorry that was typo I meant to write "Doc"
|

replied March 25th, 2012
hi doc
same is with me a bunch of veins and a bit of heavyness....

when ever i lift weight i feel some heavyness....it really irritates me..please help
|