Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Suddenly develop an allergy?

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
Can one develop a allergy to something they've never been alergic to in the past?
All my life i've never had a problem with this. Im alergic to ~90% of the deodorants out their now. I even get a rash from deodorants I used in the past...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What kind of allergic reaction you usually get from deodorants?

It is most common for allergies to begin in childhood, but it is quite possible for allergic symptoms to make their first appearance at any age.
|

replied September 30th, 2010
Enough exposure of something your body finds as forgein will cause an allergic reaction of some kind. If you are moderatley sensitive to something you may not notice a reaction but after continual exposure antibody levels tend to rise and eventually you may become "allergic".
|

replied November 12th, 2010
yes, i have had no alergies ever until i hit 19 and developed a nesel alergy. the doctors can refer you to the hospital to do tests to check the exact chemical that causes the issue.some doctores are more forthcoming with referals than others
|