Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

Is Virginity Important Till Marriage? (Page 1)

Is virginity still important till marriage in this society?

Guys,do you mind if your wife is not a virgin?

Will guys not want a non-virgin as their girlfriend?

Girls,will you still protect your virginity till marriage for your future husband?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile meblonde01
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Um.. I thought I was going to, but then I got a boyfriend Very Happy
I suppose it depends on the person. I have a friend in college who hasn't even kissed his girlfriend and they both planned for their first kiss(neither of them have ever kissed anyone) to be at their wedding. And they are both seniors at college by the way.

To me its obviously not something I worry about, but for my friend it was an extremely big deal.
|

Especially eHealthy
he he

not to me
|

Experienced User
It's really important to my three college roomies to wait until marriage for sex. But they are really religious. My one roomie is waiting until her wedding day for her first kiss too....whatever floats their boat. It used to be important to be a virgin on my wedding day..but not for religious reasons. But now I don't really care. I had also hoped my first time would be with someone else in which I was their first time...but my boyfriend is not a virgin...so I had to get over that idea real quick.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I look at this way anyone can give it up.. it take will power and something special not to.. Smile

I has sex before marriage, But I think it would have been something speical not to..
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I'm not religious at all, but I kind of wanted to wait. I just wanted to wait for the right guy, the one I really loved. If that meant waiting till marriage, then so be it. I found my man though, we love eachother sooo much. And he knows that I wouldn't have given him my virginity if I didn't love him, so he says that made our first time that much more special. He's always saying how he plans on marrying me in the future...so if we do, technically I won't be lying when I say my first time was with my husband Razz
He'll be the only man I've been with as well Smile
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
My wife wasn't a virgin and neither was I, so I guess neither of us minded. It's an individual decision and obviously more important to some than to others.
|

yeah i wanted to keep my first time for my husband too.

i rejected him a few times too...

but things got too "hot" and passion and i lost it to my boyfriend. n we only dated for a month plus,coming two.

kinda regret it,but there's no turning back.

HELP! i am feeling so "dirty" and guilty.

and i am quite sure that we wont be getting married!

i am so lost!
|

replied December 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Is Virginity Important Till Marriage?
oink wrote:
Is virginity still important till marriage in this society?

Girls,will you still protect your virginity till marriage for your future husband?

No, virginity really isn't important in American society. 80% or more people will have sex before marriage.

I did not protect my virginity for marriage, I protected it for love. I don't care if my husband is a virgin or not; it's basically impossible to find a virgin male over the age of 20.
|

Especially eHealthy
oink wrote:
yeah i wanted to keep my first time for my husband too.

i rejected him a few times too...

but things got too "hot" and passion and i lost it to my boyfriend. n we only dated for a month plus,coming two.

kinda regret it,but there's no turning back.

HELP! i am feeling so "dirty" and guilty.

and i am quite sure that we wont be getting married!

i am so lost!

My only advice is let go. Are you in love? Then so what? You had sex; it's no huge deal. Even if you're not in love, it was a learning experience. The emotions you give your husband will be all your own, and you will still give him your body. You are not "soiled" or "ruined" or dirty. Sex is a natural human behavior.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
perhaps this should be in a debate forum.

it is not important to me
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The debate forum seems like a good place. Mod, what do you think?

For me, I was really glad I wasn't a virgin before I got married. I like to try my shoes on before I buy them to make sure they will fit right and be comfortable, as I really want to wear these shoes until the day i die. There's no sense in wearing shoes that don't fit right or don't look right on you for the rest of your life just because you didn't try them on first.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
sillyakchick wrote:
The debate forum seems like a good place. Mod, what do you think?

For me, I was really glad I wasn't a virgin before I got married. I like to try my shoes on before I buy them to make sure they will fit right and be comfortable, as I really want to wear these shoes until the day i die. There's no sense in wearing shoes that don't fit right or don't look right on you for the rest of your life just because you didn't try them on first.

nice 2thumbs
|

Experienced User
Maji was your guy a virgin before you?
If not how did that make you feel that he wasn't one but you were?
|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2007
Experienced User
x0x011 wrote:
Maji was your guy a virgin before you?
If not how did that make you feel that he wasn't one but you were?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't a virgin before me.
And I didn't mind too much.
I didn't really know what to do our first time, as I had no sexual experience whatsoever.
So if he was also inexperienced, we woulda probably layed there awkwardly for a while before anything really happened Razz
It was a very special, bonding experience for the both of us.
I couldn't believe how comfortable I was being naked with him, I've never been before, even as a little girl.
And I loved the way he said he loved me and that I was beautiful, and how he asked me to trust him and promised everything would be ok.

So whether he was in the "v-club" or not didn't give or take to the specialness of it all.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I am the same way as you Maji. If he had not had some idea it would have been very weird. He is my first and we plan on getting married sometime soon.

To me virginity is important but not till marriage. As long as you treat it as a special moment and do it with a person you love that is all the matters (to me)
|

Experienced User
i only asked because i was in the same situation. I knew i loved him and whatnot and i was glad atleast one of us had some experience lol.
after the fact though i sometimes felt resentment/jealous that he's been with other ppl and i haven't. Like he has things to compare me to. And i say i saved myself for him but he didn't at all. Anywho 5 years later i'm fine with it but it did take a lot of growing and maturing to realize that it didn't matter.
|

my boyfriend and i were both virgins and we lost it to each other so it made it even more special. i definetly don't regret doing it so soon, i just wish i wouldn't have to worry about the consequences which i wouldnt if i was married
|

Experienced User
i wanted to wait until marriage, but my boyfriend and i decided to go for it. we have been dating for almost four years now (lost our virginities to each other after 6 months) and we are getting married tomorrow. it really does depend on the individual.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Is Virginity Important Till Marriage?
Eiri wrote:
it's basically impossible to find a virgin male over the age of 20.

I object! But then again I'm 19 and I still got a month so maybe you might win =P.

To the original poster, no virginity isn't important (according to contemporary society), majority of Americans (at least of my generation) at least don't keep their virginity past like what, 16? Eiri is correct, of my male friends of my age and up, I remain the only virgin save for a few others, but they aren't exactly social and don't interact with women much. As for my lady friends, I'm trying hard to think of one... Eh tough luck, my head hurts hehe.

oink wrote:

As for those questions, personally
1. I would like my first to be a virgin for sentimental reasons (since I'm one too), but that is unrealistic thinking particularly as I grow older, I can't expect to hope I'll find one as time goes on.
2. Again, it is unreasonable at my age to have high hopes for looking for a virgin girlfriend, I wouldn't mind having a non-virgin girlfriend (though I don't want her experienced with too many guys either). I don't want to feel like a number =P.

Congrats to you if you deem it important to save your virginity to marriage though, it is a unique thought of mind in this era. Stay happy and don't regret regardless of which option you choose!
|
Quick Reply