Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Inpatient treatment for cutting?

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
hey, i am 18 and have been self-injuring since i was 13. basically, it's just getting worse and worse and i am bipolar + i have anxiety, which worry me when combined with the cutting. i don't want to do something one day that i can't undo.

i've been avoiding treatment (more like dodging) since ninth grade, when my gc was told about my SI by a friend and the school/my parents tried to get me a counselor. i went for awhile, then talked my way out. same thing happened junior year, except instead of talking my way out, i got myself diagnosed with ADHD (easy to manage and not socially-taboo). now, (college) i tried to really start dealing with things, but am on my own because i chose an out of state school and everything fell apart. Trying to fix things messed up my school work, and I ended up failing all 4 classes. Also started doing some drugs (pot, chronic, e) and uh, i'm kind of addicted to adderall to boot.

Gist of it all - does anyone know any inpatient treatment centers for self-injury/bipolar disorder/addiction (the adderall)? i've been looking, but can't really find anything and i think a residential treatment center is the only chance i've got.

i want to be a writer and succeed in college and live to be an old, cooky woman and just be okay with who i am and trust in life. you can PM me or reply here or w/e, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! and happy holidays!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper get84healthy
|

replied December 23rd, 2007
Hey; I know how you feel. Sure, it's true that being Bi-Polar and having Anxiety is a bad combination along with the cutting, but it's not really the combination, it's what you do with it. Have you tried to stop cutting without any meds/treatment?

The Adderall can do wonders for, well, everything, but, being addicted to it is (normal, but bad none the less) really kind of damaging. I hated the way I felt on adderall, but it may be different with you.

My suggestion, you may not want, but it worked wonders for me. Get some help. Whether it's a drug rehab, or whatever, just get help.
|

replied December 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i can help you

currently im typing with one hand

feeding the baby with another so ill have to come back to this in a sec...
|

replied April 5th, 2011
Thanks for this share with me.
--------------
|

replied December 25th, 2007
xxRelapse, thank you for responding, and i think that's what i'm going to do - get help that is. i'm just having trouble finding the right type of help. i don't want to go to the wrong type of place or something (that's the kind of thing that i would do lol).

the_girlfriend, i read your responses when you were talking with someone else in the self-injury forum and they were great, so I would definitely appreciate any help you could give me. you're obviously a strong person and your baby is adorable in your avatar : ) whenever you have time you can reply, things must be nuts for you right now.

Merry christmas or happy holidays to you both!
|

replied March 31st, 2011
are you still cutting? if so, there is a place called S.A.F.E Alternatives in St Louis, MO. It is a 4 week program specific for girls who self injure. You go willingly. It's a very good program.
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2007
Here's One.
Havenwyck phyciatric hospital.

I went there, it was pretty expensive make sure you have insurance.
|

replied December 15th, 2010
Residential Treatment for Bipolar
Doing self-injury when you're bipolar is really a bad combination, thus you should ask for professional help.
|

replied April 5th, 2011
Thank you for sharing this wonderful information. i tried to really start dealing with things, but am on my own because i chose an out of state school and everything fell apart. Trying to fix things messed up my school work, and I ended up failing all 4 classes. you may not want, but it worked wonders for me. Get some help. Whether it's a drug rehab, or whatever, just get help. Thanks again.
|