Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Blood in stool and abdominal pain (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I'm a 16 year old boy with abdominal pains all over. they are sometimes sharp, sometimes dull and achey. I am sometimes a little gassy and have noticed change in my stools, hard and regular, to soft, and smaller. I have been having some headaches and back pains associated with ab pain. I was taken to the doctor because i had blood in my stool, and i did have nausea. This is a week after i went to a local water park, August. They made me do a hidden occult blood in stool test, whatever its called, and a stool culture. I put the red part on both tests. They turned out to be negative. Just today I passed some stool and i saw only a drop of blood (the blood isn't liquidy, its solid and mixed in with the stool). I was wondering if this is something bad, or if i am just making something out of nothing. HELP! Please. I have NO history of cancer in my family, just heart related problems. Thank you for your time Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Oson_Yu
|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Did all your symptoms start in august and continue to be present constantly up to today?
Do you have alternating stool pattern (constipation replaced with diarrhea and vice versa)?
|

replied December 24th, 2007
MandMs wrote:
Did all your symptoms start in august and continue to be present constantly up to today?
Do you have alternating stool pattern (constipation replaced with diarrhea and vice versa)?
No, it actually stopped for a month or two, I didn't see any blood. My doctor gave me fiber pills, saying it could be something stuck in one side of my colon (he did this weird test where he tapped my stomach, one side was solid, the other hollow) and he said it was painful because I had trapped gas on the paining side and so I took fiber. I stopped taking it, and for a while i was good. Then it started again a couple days back. And no, I have diarreha about once a month( I eat A LOT of food xD) i've been regular this whole month.
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, Luisg!
How do you feel?
Are you free of abdominal pains now?
Did you bowel movements get normal?
|

replied January 31st, 2008
Re: Hi, Luisg!
MandMs wrote:
How do you feel?
Are you free of abdominal pains now?
Did you bowel movements get normal?
Nope i rarely ever get abdominal pains now, and i just had diarrhea, but it was half diarrhea and half regular. I do eat many fatty foods and greasy foods and dont excercise much. But other than that i feel fine. No redness either just pink when wiping, i do eat a lot of hot cheetos and red stuff so i think that might be it since the doctor made the stool culture and occult blood sample WITH the red parts on each of the samples.
|

replied February 13th, 2008
Unless you undergo a colonoscopy you can't rule out a serious disease such as cancer. Any amount of blood in stool requires investigation by a professional.
|

replied August 30th, 2008
Blood in stool and abdominal pain, and urine is kinda dark.
my question is this is happening to my husband. He started hurting in his lower stomach, about a week ago. Now he started having blood in his stool about 2 to 3 days ago. It's bright red, and he said sometimes it's a lot. Now this mouring he said his urine is kinda dark. What should we do???? PLEASE help me.
|

replied February 7th, 2009
Following Up
I am having similar issues. I am only 24, and obviously very concerned. Were you able to find anything out?
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2009
same kind of symptoms
I am 28 years old and have been having blood in my stools and quite a bit on the toilet tissue, as well as passing blood with gas for about 2 weeks, I am also experiencing abdominal pain and dizziness I am concerned and have finally called my doc but no response yet. should i be worried? how long should I wait for a call back?
|

replied June 13th, 2009
Im 29. been having blood in my stool for about 7 months- went the doctor about 3 weeks ago and he said it wasnt unnormal for blood at my age, he did internal and external exam and found it all to be normal. 2 days later i had loads of bright red blood dripping from my anus- went back doctors (diff doc) who has referred me too get a camera exam.he said it would be 2 weeks or so- yesterday i was rushed into hossy with stomach pains, which later calmed down, they did blood test's and urine tests etc and all was normal, and again did internal and external and they said was all fine. i have also lost about 1 stone in 2 weeks. i wil be having this camera exam in 1 week and very worried , any1 got any info about this?
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
Luisg I also have been having back pain and stomach pain in abdomen on my lower right side sometimes it alternatesto lower left side with jelly red blood in stool. This has been going on for 8 months or more I have had sonogram cat scan blood test stool test and they tell me everything is normal I haven't had a colonoscopy but I think that will the next thing I do. By the way I'm 33 of age. I don't get any back pain when I walk but when I sit or lay on my back it feels so sore and discomfort. I'll let you how the colonoscopy turns out. A week ago my bottom right side of abdomen felt sore to touch. Man hopefully they find the problem this time ; )
|

replied January 12th, 2010
i just got over the stomache flu and now i have had atomache pain and bloody stools should i be worried
|

replied December 29th, 2010
HI All

I am 26 Male and i am worried abt haveing a colon Cancer.
i am having low pain on the left side of the abdomen. from the past two day i see some deep red colour attached with stool( i am not sure if its blood). i dont have any fever or weight lose. i am a poor person from india and cant afford for the colonoscopy. and more over in india Dr exploit alot and make money out of nothing. plz help me out. coz my health and my money are both equal to me. plz
|

replied February 25th, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am a 32 year old female. I've had dark red blood and blood clots in my stool for well over 5 years. I have undergone 4 colonoscopy's and a upper and lower GI tract outpatient surgery. All tests have came out negative. My last colonoscopy was on January 2011 and off course, it came out negative again. To this day I am still pooing dark red blood with lots of blood clots (big and small) with my stool more blood in the bowl than stool. My doctors have told me that all tests are negative for colon cancer, ulcer, and other stuff that I can't remember. I am very worried because it's a daily thing for me and I am getting weaker and exhausted more and more as the days and weeks go by. I just feel like giving up. I need HELP on what else I can do!!! I have 6 children and I'm definitely not ready to leave them...
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
Bloody stool
Possible ovarian tumor (not Necessarily cancerous) or hemorrhoids, interal or external? If you haven't already, go to your gyno for a full exam and make sure you describe all symptoms. It seems so common these days for woman to have problems with ovary problems such as ie, cysts, tumors, etc. I hope you find an answer to your dillemma and that treatment will be short and succesful.
|

replied July 28th, 2011
Stomach pain, nausea and bloody stool?
For about a week and a half now, I've been having nausea where I don't want to eat anything meaty, and pains in my upper stomach whenever I eat (sometimes it happens when I don't eat too), and yesterday night I passed a very small stool with blood in it. I've had a bit of dizzy-ness and some balance problems but I don't think it's anything because when I bob and weave it's because I usually just woke up. Can anyone tell me if this is possibly serious or not? I've had blood in my stool before, but it's never been accompanied with nausea and stomach pains and it always stops after a day or two.

Help? :/
|

replied July 31st, 2011
suggestion
could be irritable bowl syndrome its caused from alot of stress it can really mess your stomach up i have it for about a year it got so bad it was to the point they put me on antibiotics im not saying this for all of u but if u have stomach pain on and off blood in the stool seems like your insides is moving around constantly and spasm kinda painful at times make u break out in sweats feel sick to your stomach it could be from stress fiber and relaxation helps but u really need to talk to the doc i was freakin out thought i had cancer and was stressing my self out worse then what it was sorry you guys r feeling so bad hope u get better
|

replied September 20th, 2011
bloody stool
hey im a 35 year old male that has been passing small amounts of blood with bowel movement for 2 years now,it comes and goes...like one day i see it then i dont see it for another 6 to 9 months then i might see it 4 months later,now i saw a clot with it. by the way its like fresh looking red blood....can anyone help?
|

replied January 4th, 2012
I'm having all of those symptoms right now. I feel that I know the cause, I have Celiac and I ate something with wheat in it when I know it causes these issues. My only real concern now is that I've never had the blood in my stool part go on for 3 days before. Should I be worried that lapsing off of my Gluten Free diet may have finally pushed me to the point of no return? I don't want to die from an intestinal rupture.
|

replied January 5th, 2012
I need help! When I have a bowel movementthe toilet is very very bloody. I am a 14 year old girl and very scared. I am scared to tell my mom. I have a lot of cancer in my family history. Also when I pass stool it is painful and the toilet paper is very bloody as well. Although the stool its self dosent contain blood it is covered in blood. Pleas help me I'm very worried. I'm only 14, I don't wanna die already I'm
too young!
|

replied January 11th, 2012
You NEED to talk with your mom! I am a mother and my boys are the greatest thing in my life. I would want them to tell me about something like that. You may feel uncomfortable talking with her, but it please just talk with her.
|

replied February 16th, 2013
hope you dont have cancer get it checked
|

replied February 16th, 2013
make sure you make peace with God through his son jesus christ he is mans only hope whether your 14 or 114 peace
|
12 >>