Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Sesame Place (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok so I know there has been lots of talk about how everyone would love to meet and I think I may have come up with an idea. Im thinking Sept of 08.

Sesame Place has group rates of as low as $20! anyone with a child over 2 (or that cant pass for under 2 lol) would need a ticket. We can also find a hotel in the area (ive looked at a few that are cheap like a Comfort Inn)
that could give us a group rate and would have free transportation to the park.

Transportation to the hotel would be up to you but we coud find ways to raise money towards getting everyone their hotel rooms.

For food we can choose a hotel with free contiental breakfast and use one of their meeting halls to have dinner. They have lunch with the characters at the park that we could prob. get a discount on.

I was thinking we could all look at yard sales or thrift shops for things that would sell on Ebay, like clothes or toys. Any profit made from the sell would go to a paypal account.

You could also start a change jar for your own funds, I bet between now n Sept you could get a decent amount.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Come on guys! we can totally pull this off!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2007
Supporter
I live 15 minutes away from Sesame Place, so I'll definitely be there any time any of you ladies decide to make the trip.
I could definitely help coordinate things on this end, considering I'm closest.
|

Especially eHealthy
Yep... Dani and I are trying to work out all the fine details... but any suggestions you guys have would be great!
|

User Profile
Supporter
I have nothing to say in this post but I didn't like my tally being 666.
|

Especially eHealthy
whats wrong with u ppl? no ones interested?
|

Especially eHealthy
i highly doubt we'd be able to make it in '08. we have a better chance at having the money in '09, plus esme will be old enough to have fun too.

betsy's a teacher so september probably doesn't work for her either.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm actually spending fall of 08 just building up my portfolio, so I don't have to be at school or anything, just going to portfolio interviews and working on it. So I really could do something at that date. The thing is a plane ticket to the States would probably be really expensive, and I don't have a passport. Then I would also have to worry about transportation from the airport and such.

Man, it would be so cool.

Someone should write to Oprah. Maybe she will fund it, if we made it all smooshy like "we've seen each other through the ups and downs of motherhood, but still, we're painfully seperated by our computer screens" sadface sadface.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'd love to do it this summer but we're going to have so much going on with starting to remodel the cabin & we want to go on vacation somewhere so money is probably going to be a little tight. Summer 09 would probably be better for us.
|

Extremely eHealthy
No can do. We can only do summer 09. I work in September and the new baby will be too small. We're making plans for summer 09.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I would love to..... but.... the money thing is a problem.

Anyone writing to Oprah???? Very Happy
|

replied December 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
michelle1981 wrote:

for what?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I'll be on my own by then, I'd love to go lol problem with September is that's when I'm starting college, eeeeeeep.
|

User Profile
Supporter
jessesgirl wrote:
michelle1981 wrote:

for what?

Read Tanya's post ^
|

Especially eHealthy
ya money does duck but thats y i figured we could raise it in different ways.

Roan will only be a few months old too and i suggested sept cuz its cheaper then but we could also do like june of 09 for the same price...

does everyone wanna try and do that? I know its still 18 mo away but the more we prepare the better we can make it!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I think that sounds like a good idea.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That would be so cool! I couldn't do it in Sept though because of school but Summer '09 would work. Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
lol the further away the more expensive its gunna be cuz all of our babies we have now wilkl be over 2! (Like Caty and Finn and Kaylee)
|

Especially eHealthy
ya but its only $20 and we might be able to raise more money by then. i think it would be weird to ask for donations but brave ppl could. I just think if we all start our own piggy bank for it since its like a vacation too.

We could always try Oprah but i think wed get farther puting our heads together n figuring out stuff to make n sell.
|

Extremely eHealthy
We're without a doubt going. We've been planning this for about a month or so now. We're probably going at the end of June. I have to see when Jesse's off.
|

Especially eHealthy
i'll probably pee my pants if we can really make this happen.

tanya, how far away are you?
|