Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Lump on bridge of nose

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have a very hard (harder than rest of bridge), raised area of skin inside of my nose. You might call it a lump but it is more a raised surface with very hard skin. On the bridge. I have had it for about 3 years. It doesn't bleed. Doesn't get bigger. Certainly if it is bigger since I first noticed it it increases in size very marginally. I have no other symptoms. It is relatively smooth but not quite as smooth as the inside of the nose. Comparing each nostril it is not raised very much off the skin but it is there. It is not sore. When investigating this it seems that sometimes I can peel a small bit of whiteish translucent skin from around the edge of it. I have been to the doctor today and appointment has been made at the hospital. I wasn't worried until I decided to check out symptoms online and cancer popped up. The doctor had no idea.

I would hope that if I'm still symptom free 3 years later it is not cancer. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper johnpeters22
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
do you perhaps have a picture of it?
|

It's slightly up the bridge...I can't really get a clear picture of it. The lump also blends smoothly into the rest of the bridge so it's easier to feel than to see. It's blue/purple type colour.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
you havent bruised it anyhow have you? although its lasted 3 years..... Im not really sure--it does sound like a bruise
|

Maybe me constantly touching it and pulling a small bit of skin off of it all the time has meant it's remained. I'm pinning my hopes to that anyway. I'll see what I can do about a picture and post it up.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
ok---BLack and blue usually means bruise to me--perhaps try to break that habit and appy some arnica gel to it.
|

Appreciate the replies. Just as long as it isn't cancer. Can't see how it could be but you never know. Hopefully I will get the appointment soon but in this country (Ireland) it could be months, if that is the case I will go private and get it seen within a few weeks.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I think you have a good chance that it isnt cancer. let me know how it goes.
|

replied July 31st, 2011
i have a bump on my nose and im 14 , it is on the bridge of my nos eand im wondering can i remove it myself or ? x
|

replied November 23rd, 2011
lump on nose
I found a tiny lump on top of my nose very close to nostrils. it doesnt hurt and i noticed it recently. any ideas?
|