Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Legs Tense Up During Orgasm... (Page 1)

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Does anyone else do this? When I'm about to orgasm (I'm a female by the way)..my legs tense up really tight, and sometimes I get cramps in my calves. And if I have like 3 orgasms in like 30 minutes...my calves will hurt really really bad the next few days. This is all when masturbating, or having my boyfriend get me off...we aren't having sex yet. But I always feel the need to close my legs when I orgasm...like towards the end...I don't know why...and it kind of bothers me. I try really hard to keep them open and relaxed...but my whole body tenses up...including my legs and calves. Does anyone know why this happens, or does this happen to anyone else?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bluelace12
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
This happens to me too. As I'm working towards a climax I tend to tense all of my muscles, specifically my legs, and sometimes I'll get bad leg cramps. The only advice I can give is to try your best not to do it, or to stretch every night to try to make your ligaments and muscles not react as badly to the tensing.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
What position are you in when this happens?
|

Experienced User
I'm on my back when it happens. But yeah as PenguinsRus said, I do the same thing, I tend to tense all of my muscles and especially my legs and it just starts to hurt a few days later...really badly.
|

Especially eHealthy
yep yep happens here!

but it never hurts
maybe your getting charlie horses?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That happens to me too. My legs shake a lot but it never hurts. I figured it was because I'm tensing a lot (I shake like I do during pilates or lifting when I work out so that was my train of thought)

My boyfriend said he's never seen anyone do that before. And here I thought I was strange because I had a hard time sitting still. Very Happy
|

replied December 19th, 2011
i shake and tense when i climax too Smile i thought it was normal lol. it says that when ur about to orgasm your body tenses and you may shake. mines more of a flinch Smile
|

Experienced User
Well at least I know I'm not the only one who tenses up like that lol. For the longest time I thought I was weird or something. My legs usually only hurt from it a few days later, and it's only if I have like 3-4 orgasms in a day. After just one or two it never happens. Thanks for all of the replies!
|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2007
Supporter
sometimes when i'm on the brink of orgasm i will get an unbearable cramp in my leg/groin too. the sort of cramp where i feel like i want to stand up and jump around to get rid of it. talk about bad timing lol
|

replied January 3rd, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Every once in a while, it depends on what position. Also if I'm having a hard time getting there I tend to tense my legs.
|

replied January 4th, 2008
yep I am familiar with the leg cramps.....totally horrible when you are on top and about to cum and OUCH!!! they cramp most of the time I will let myself cramp just so I can enjoy the O.
|

replied February 8th, 2008
my legs's shakes...but no cramps.
|

replied July 12th, 2009
Orgasm with tense legs and cramps.
I can only orgasm when I am on top and only if I tense my legs up on purpose. It's almost the pain/pleasure thing but sometimes the cramps start before the final orgasm and then I have to start over from scratch. It's the only way I've ever been able to achieve orgasm though.
|

replied August 13th, 2009
my legs have the tendency to close in when i start getting close, the problem is keeping them open. thus i actually dont reach orgasm...i kinda of "lose" the feeling once they get too closed in
|

replied August 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey bluelace12
Involuntary muscles spasms unfortunately sort of come along with the orgasm. I used to have the same problem, I'd get wicked muscle cramps in my calfs. I've found that getting regular exercise does help with both the muscle contractions and cramps. If I'm limber before sex I hardly have any trouble at all.
|

replied September 1st, 2009
i totally get this. i can only orgasm once i feel my body start to tense up. especially my legs and groin. don't get leg cramps but when lying in the afterglow my legs tremble/shake/jump in a way i can't control. have been having trouble coming to orgasm lately though, even alone. it feels fantastic right up to the point where i feel that i'm about to burst and then just at the point of orgasm the feeling fades away. it's leaving me pretty miserable! please help!
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2011
its called a secret orgasm, they happen when the pressure isnt strong enough
|

replied September 1st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey maisiedo6
It sounds silly but limber up before you orgasm, stretch the muscles in the thighs and calves so that they're not as taut when you orgasm. You should see a definate improvement in spasms.
|

replied November 30th, 2009
So before having sex, what do you guys recommend to avoid having these muscle spasms? Should I eat a Bannana? Should I drink a gatorade? Fruit punch is my favorite flavor. I guess I could just stretch. Hopefully tonight goes a little better!!!!
|

replied December 29th, 2009
hey....I know this is an old topic.....but was reading through and wanted to also shed some light from the other side....I am a guy and have the same problem.....I see a lot about women/girls having this....not the guys....my girlfriend finds it odd....it rules out oral for me...and need to align the stars and the moon to....but when they do....
|

replied December 29th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
2shy2tell
Not that rare, I've had a lot of male lovers who've gotten cramps in calfs or thighs during orgasm.
|

replied February 23rd, 2010
This is incredibly common and biologically explainable. An orgasm is in and of it's self a muscle cramp or more specifically muscle contraction. Think if you were trying to make a tight fist while simultaneously relaxing your muscles, that would be rather counterproductive! The old adage to "just relax" actually decreases our chances of orgasm. There is a reason a "toe curling" orgasm is identified as a good one! The more you tense your body, the stronger your orgasm is likely to be. In my human sexuality class we had a motto: "don't relax, just contract!"
|
12 >>