Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

I Hate

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
waking up at 5am every morning with the kids stretch

i'm one of those people that needs LOADS of sleep to function properly (10 hours) and no matter how hard I try to go to bed earlier, once the kids are asleep i just want to chill out and have some me time Confused

grr... just venting
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i hear that... Sad

i LOVE my sleep.. i function GREAT on 4.. but i drop HARD afterwards.. if i have like, 10 im too tired all day.. my happy medium is around 8 or 9 as long as i have a good breakfast.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
What you eat affects how much energy you have too. Try to eat healthier...if you dont already that is lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It's like I wrote that post Becks! I'm just the same and not only does Max get me up at 5am every morning but he's waking up at least once in the night and needs to be taken back to bed.

I'M SO TIREEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
here here Sad

~alicia~
|

Extremely eHealthy
oh my god can i ever relate! I need minimum 9 hours or else !!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm the same way. it's been hard running on so little these days. I'm just beat!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I need about 8hrs to be able to make it thru the day.I get about 6. Thats my own fault tho because Amelia sleeps 12-13hrs thru the night and I sit up on the damn internet lol
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Jules wrote:
It's like I wrote that post Becks! I'm just the same and not only does Max get me up at 5am every morning but he's waking up at least once in the night and needs to be taken back to bed.

I'M SO TIREEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!

layla and/or logan wake up 3-4 times a night too. so every night i'm getting broken sleep

sometimes i feel like i shouldn't bother going to sleep at all!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i hear ya all..
i don't have a small child
but i have a roommate that has to be taken to work at 5am every morning.
and not getting off work til 1:30am makes it hard for me to get my needed 8hrs
|

Especially eHealthy
i need atleast 4 hours a night to be fine the next day

sometimes less than that

but im flippin exausted
|

User Profile
Supporter
I need loads of sleep, before i had Mika it was 10-11 hours each night with no interuptions. I can cope with little sleep if i'm not disturbed but no such luck lol
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
this may sound cruel but i have refused to let the kids go to nap today. i figured that may be part of the problem. i want to see if my theory is true.

oh the days they used to sleep through EVERY night 8pm-8am
|

Especially eHealthy
i wonder y they stopped doing that? personally i think they are old enough to self sooth and i would put them to bed and let them out the next morning at like 7 or 8. Liam cant open his one door so if he gets up early early he plays until its time to be awake. some ppl might think thats mean because hes stuck in his room but w/e he plays in there with the door open pretty much all day so i dont see a difference. they make door handle things that kids cant open, when he figures out how to work the door im putting one of those on.

if macy has a late nap she wont go to bed til late so i would bet nap time has something to do with it too.
|

User Profile
Supporter
It's not mean, my sister does the same thing. Faith is 2 1/2 and doesn't nap anymore, she can function perfectly well without one.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
william is 16 months and only has one nap (his afternoon nap). i had to cut out his morning nap because of the same problem. also, i had to give him a later bedtime and it's worked out great since then Smile
im a girl who loves her lay ins Smile i totally miss mine
|
Quick Reply