Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Cramping,painful breasts,gas.

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Fatigue hit me like a bus about 2 wks ago on a Sunday night, just felt exhausted this was 4 days from the end of my period bout 3 days after sex than flu type symptoms & cramps in additon to the EXTREME fatigue, than I felt fine over the weekend, more sex (we use the withdrawl method - I know that is not really a method), and Monday I woke up, went to work than randomly weird cramps and just this weird feeling that I was pregnant (this would be my 1st), my boobs hurt too but they always do during PMS and they didn't hurt any more than usual, cept it was a week and a half before my period - which was strange, but I rarely get cramps and if I do it's real close to my period - like a day before and 1st day of. I also noticed I had a more than usual amount of gas (sorry). some discharge but I get that during the month - not trying to get Preg so I don't really pay much attention to that. i'm 30 so if I am it's cool...and if not...cool. Just wondering what others think...also I took two tests - but it's 6 days before my next period...both neg. today I went to docs and took quanitative blood test - they said it was early but they would try. get results tomorrow
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
a blood test would be acurate by now
|

replied December 20th, 2007
ok so I got a negative blood test, but the doc said it was way too early. And said that even though i may have symptoms (which she said is actually pretty common for some women, like those women who can feel the change in thier body when they O) she said you sometimes need to miss a period before the hormone will show up on a blood test even. She said everyones different but if I feel the same symptoms through this next week and no period than I need to come back and get retested. I feel like I'm losing my mind...my boobs are now killing me aching...and my cramps are actually ok today, but new symptom today...I ate breakfast and took my vitamen, felt REALLY ill, decided it was the v's fault so I disregarded it...2 hours later...I was starving so I had lunch and was fine, just tired as usual, than a couple hours later I wanted something else - forgot I had brought yogert in and grabbed a brownie (I usually love brownies) and got to the lunchroom...went to open the brownie and felt like if I smelled it anymore I would puke...tossed it on the counter and grabbed a yogert..hit the spot! Than 1/2 hour later was starving AGAIN...so I grabbed another yogert, than 1/2 hour later starving yet AGAIN! and really craving a cheeseburger...and I hate red meat....never eat it...didn't get it though cause my mom talked me out of it.... Just confused...my body is saying one thing to me and the tests are saying another...WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!!! I'm 30 and have NEVER felt this weird...so either having a random weird PMS crazy thing or the tests were taken too early....
|

replied December 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
No your doctor is whacko
a blood test WOULD BE ACURATE RIGHT NOW
your 5 days from your period right? so yeah the blood test would be accurate

also these are NOT just pregnancy symptoms! they are pms symptoms
if the blood test sad negative then your not pregnant
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2007
the_girlfriend wrote:
No your doctor is whacko

Excuse me. But are you a doctor did you go throw years of schooling do you have a degree????????
|

replied December 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Moonmomma wrote:
the_girlfriend wrote:
No your doctor is whacko

Excuse me. But are you a doctor did you go throw years of schooling do you have a degree????????

um no
but im not stupid

here
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi d=20060913052213AA4ncQS

Can detect a pregnancy earlier than a urine test at about 7-12 days from possible conception
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpr egnant/understandpregnancytests.html

Blood tests can detect a pregnancy earlier than a home pregnancy test. They can detect it about 7-12 days from possible conception and can also measure the concentration of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone in your blood. This can be very helpful information for your doctor in tracking certain problems in pregnancy. If you suspect any symptoms of pregnancy like delayed menstrual period, breast tenderness, pelvic pain, irregular spotting or vomiting. You must get a pregnancy blood test done to confirm or rule out pregnancy.
http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/bloodtes tmoreaccurate.html

and more.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy_tes t

A blood test performed at a clinic has a 99% accuracy rate and can detect pregnancy earlier than most urine tests. It is possible to have a blood test for pregnancy testing as early as 7 days after a woman ovulates. This is approximately a week before a woman's period is due

http://www.pregnancydiary.org/pregnancy-te st/blood.htm

pregnancy blood tests have more advantages than urine tests. Pregnancy blood test can calculate the concentration of hCG hormone production in your blood, which the urine test cannot provide.

The pregnancy confirmation will be earlier than a urine test at a minimum of 7-12 days after fertilization.

http://www.thepregnancyzone.com/tests-and- procedures/confirm-your-pregnancy-through- pregnancy-blood-test/
|

Especially eHealthy
do you need more?
|

well you were wrong...unfortunatly I was pregnant and have just had a miscarraige...so at least be a bit humble and realize that you were wrong. Doc says the blood test was wrong because implantation was not complete, therefore no hormone was released to be picked up in the blood test...also some women just don't produce a high enough level to be caught for a while...even on a blood test....right before the mc I tested positive, only to start bleeding a lot two days later, so please, be a bit more supportive and realize that just because it is not the norm...it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
|

Especially eHealthy
when was your LMP?
|

replied January 1st, 2008
It started between Nov 28th and Nov 30th and ended Nov 6th.
|

replied January 6th, 2008
Ya kno I was just questions the same syms. you were having... I thought that is was just me but guess not.. My period is due at the end of the week so ill kno if i am or not its just good to kno that someone besides me where having these syms. Did u feel like you had an upset stomach all the time??
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
I just read this and she had all the symptoms of being pregnant. My sister took 3 trips to the doctor before she was diagnosed pregnant and the doctor isnt always right. Currently, Im in school for nursing, and basically everybodys hcg is different. The positive results from the test is determined by your bays hcg... In order for the test to be accurate, your hcg has to reach a certain percentage. If its negative and you are still pregnant, then it could be your babys hormones werent strong enough. IM not suprised that you were pregnant.
|

replied January 24th, 2008
Could I be pregnant?
For the past two weeks, my nipples have been sore. I have also started feeling nauseated, and have started having hot flashes. I am bleeding a little bit, but only when I wipe myself. I have taken several pregnancy tests and they all come back negative. What should I do?
|

replied February 21st, 2012
Am I pregnant?
Hi I have been feeling crampy, my breasts are very tender and sore, gassy and been feeling fatigue. Is this pregnancy symptoms? I did a test a week ago, and there were 2 lines, but one was very, very light and then did others and all were negative. My period is due in a week. I want to know, it feels bad to wait, its all I think about.
|

replied April 10th, 2012
ya you r pregnant
|

replied November 1st, 2012
symptoms....
its 2 weeks before my period and i feel crampy, gassy, nd my boobs are super sore.. never really had sore boobs before periods and my periods are usually normal... what is going on?
|

replied August 13th, 2013
I had n essure done my nipples have this strange pinkish white color to them in the tip kinda looks like milks and where itchy last week this week sore my peiod is irredgular so I nvr know when I'm getting it usually is 2x a yr I took a home preg test came out neg. Does this sound like I'm prego??
|

replied August 30th, 2013
I have the same issues as you do. I was just diagnosed with PCOS last year and they gave me prevera to halp have periods i had my period late june ened 21st then started again on july 3rd but havnt had one since. Me and my husband have been ttc for over a year now with no luck. But 2 weeks ago my nipples itched soo bad but were sore when i itched them. Now this week my boobs hurt and i keep cramping like im on my period. I took 2 test last week and got neg. Help!?!?
|

replied September 5th, 2013
false results????
Ok im a little nervouse because I had sex around my ovulation day and the worst thing happened. The condom broke. My boyfriend keeps telling me i didn't cum in u. I pulles out. Ive been showing my normal before period symptoms and yesterday(4 days before my period) I took the 1st response test and it was a dark negative no faint second line. Ive been stressing aboutthis whole thing since it happened almost 2weeks ago. Could I be pregnant?
|

replied September 5th, 2013
Ok im a little nervouse because I had sex around my ovulation day and the worst thing happened. The condom broke. My boyfriend keeps telling me i didn't cum in u. I pulles out. Ive been showing my normal before period symptoms and yesterday(4 days before my period) I took the 1st response test and it was a dark negative no faint second line. Ive been stressing aboutthis whole thing since it happened almost 2weeks ago. Could I be pregnant?
|

replied September 24th, 2013
I am going through the same situation as you and am really stressed out because I can not be pregnant. The only thing is I took a pregnancy test today after being my second day of being late but it came back a faint negative sign? Could it be possible for a man to pull out and you still get pregnant? Even thought they claim they didn't finish in you?
|

replied September 24th, 2013
I am going through the same situation as you and am really stressed out because I can not be pregnant. The only thing is I took a pregnancy test today after being my second day of being late but it came back a faint negative sign? Could it be possible for a man to pull out and you still get pregnant? Even thought they claim they didn't finish in you?
|