Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

6 Days Until Christmas! (and Randoms) (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
why has it gone so quick this year? before we know it, it will be 2008! is everyone ready? i haven't even wrapped most of the presents yet Shocked
whose making their own christmas dinner? it's my first year doing it and i hope it doesn't go horribly wrong.
had to cut williams hair again today. didnt do it too short because it's cold outside but it was getting too long so it had to be done. but twice in a year? a bit much i think. at least i can do it myself.
ooh and im just cooking dinner. its going to be chicken wings, new potatoes with all the veggies. i feel hungry just thinking about it. i so wanted a cheese and ham toastie for lunch today but had no bread left Sad sending bobby out to get some when he comes in.
also, had to buy some new work trousers. they have a drawer string at the top and more like sweat pants, but they're quite smart from the waist down, so when i wear my long work tops it wont make much of a difference. i hate that im growing out of my work trousers already. they're a size 10 and i'm usually a size 8. i'm always in tears in the morning when i can't do them up. i'm so emotional right now
ok, i think that was a long enough update. got to get back to cooking. smells yummy. anyone want some?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
we go to my parents' for christmas dinner. we're having roast beef this year and i'm so looking forward to it. if nick gets a free turkey from work (he did for thanksgiving), i might make a small dinner for us another day. christmas eve we have a family tradition of going out for chinese. it's a tradition my younger brother and i started and eventually started adding others until it is what it is now (my family, my brother and his boyfriend, my parents, and my dad's friend from church). unfortunately my older brother and his wife can't take an hour out of their evening to join us and it still bugs me after all these years.

how many weeks are you now? are you and betsy due around the same time? she's a little past 11 weeks. i just bought maternity jeans the other day, up until now i'd been doing the rubber band trick. i could still get away with my pre-preg jeans but they're pretty worn out for work. i also bought some new tops from torrid (plus-size, not maternity) and i love them. i wore one of my new outfits to my doctor appointment today and i actually felt good.

come cut finn's hair! he's looking shaggy and i know he'd look so handsome with a haircut. i just don't know where to take him for that.

sheesh, guess i'm feeling chatty!
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
That does sound ubber-yummy!! Send me some!!!
I am not cooking, don't have any presents wrapped, definitely not ready for '08...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
BridgetHeartsFinn wrote:
we go to my parents' for christmas dinner. we're having roast beef this year and i'm so looking forward to it. if nick gets a free turkey from work (he did for thanksgiving), i might make a small dinner for us another day. christmas eve we have a family tradition of going out for chinese. it's a tradition my younger brother and i started and eventually started adding others until it is what it is now (my family, my brother and his boyfriend, my parents, and my dad's friend from church). unfortunately my older brother and his wife can't take an hour out of their evening to join us and it still bugs me after all these years.

how many weeks are you now? are you and betsy due around the same time? she's a little past 11 weeks. i just bought maternity jeans the other day, up until now i'd been doing the rubber band trick. i could still get away with my pre-preg jeans but they're pretty worn out for work. i also bought some new tops from torrid (plus-size, not maternity) and i love them. i wore one of my new outfits to my doctor appointment today and i actually felt good.

come cut finn's hair! he's looking shaggy and i know he'd look so handsome with a haircut. i just don't know where to take him for that.

sheesh, guess i'm feeling chatty!

im 11 + 4 according to my last period, but i kind of have this feeling that i'm further along as i've already got a belly. the month before, i did come on late and it was lighter and shorter than usual, but i did a test and it was neg. but i did the test a few days early as i was impatient. we'll soon find out at my dating scan, which i should have next week, but i've not heard from the hospital, which is frustrating! i want to have my scan before christmas but doesn't look like that's happening lol.
i've bought a doppler on ebay and i've been listening to the baby on a daily basis. it's definately put my mind at rest. but i'm hearing the baby just below my belly button. for the amount of weeks i am supposed to be, isn't that a bit high to be hearing it?
oh you got to get finn's hair cut. he will look so much more grown up and handsome. and you've got to post pictures Smile i love seeing pictures of your little man.
christmas is going to be hectic this year for us. we're going round my mums a couple of hours so william can open a couple of their presents. then christmas day my parents are coming round in the morning and going out for dinner which is going to cost them 40.00 each! but they dont want to cook just for themselves as my sisters off to her boyfriends for christmas. boxing day i've got to go to bobbys mums which will be tiring Sad new years we open my parents and sisters presents.
not to mention work. im working christmas eve, new years as well. at least i'm cutting my hours down after christmas. i'm so tired lately
oh looks like im in a chatty mood aswell. theres nobody online aswell. and williams laughing at the cat because hes in his highchair lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
acruz wrote:
That does sound ubber-yummy!! Send me some!!!
I am not cooking, don't have any presents wrapped, definitely not ready for '08...

if i've got any left. im soooooo hungry and i bet bobby will be the same when he gets home aswell.
i'm so ready for 2008! this pregnancy is taking forever! come on july 2008 already! lol
but that'll mean william will be nearly two. now thats sad Crying or Very sad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
We always go to Shane's grandmas for all the big holiday dinners. I'm still not exactly sure how we're going to work Christmas. Shane might have to work Christmas eve nightshift 7-7 & if he does he'll be getting home when we're ready to open presents & then he'll wanna go to bed. Later that day we have to go to his parents, his grandparents then to my mom's. Hopefully the weather cooperates!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
hopefully. i really want it to snow over here christmas though. its only ever snowed once on christmas day since ive been born.
shame he might have to work 7-7. not nice hours to work Sad hopefully hell get the day off Smile
looks like you've got a busy christmas
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah 7-7 is not fun, especially with Kaylee & her starting to understand when Daddy leaves & all that. The company usually tells them all they have to work but then the day before or something they tell them they don't have too. I just hope it works like that this year.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
hopefully. it would be nice for him to be there and actually awake for all of christmas day. my dad used to work 8-8 at the hospital when i was younger and i hated it! he now works in a supermarket store. the moneys good, hours are great aswell. he much prefers it.
where does he work?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh yeah that's the main reason he's working these shifts is because the money is good & the benefits. Thankfully it's only 2 days on days, 2 days off then 2 days on nights & so on. He only works a total of 15 days a month but it seems like so much more than that. He works for Proctor & Gamble. They make thousands of different products, paper towels, shampoo, conditioner, all the Swiffer stuff, laundry detergent, napkins, diapers. They're the ones who make Pampers. We get free stuff all the time, it's great.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yeah i know the company well. i get the p&g lady come into our store once a month to review how we're doing on fragrance. a different p&g lady reviews the rest of the store (maxfactor, hair dyes etc). that is an excellent company to work for
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
We were thrilled when he got hired, they have such a long process for getting in there. I tried 2 years ago & I didn't score high enough on the math part of the test to get in (I'm horrible in math). One of Shane's uncles retired from there a millionaire! It's insane!
|

Supporter
We have Christmas morning here and go to my Grandpas for lunch and my dad's for dinner. I have a big family so my real dad is having Christmas on Christmas Eve and my grandma is having it this Sunday. Next weekend we're flying to Maryland to have Christmas with Shawns family..
|

User Profile
Supporter
we got all our shopping done, half the gifts are wrapped. still need to print some pictures.. and we're having dinner at shawns grandparents.. our plan for christmas is to go see shawns mom in the morning afternoon go see my grandparents (make sure my dad is there too) stay for a couple hours then off to shawns grandparents.. woo...
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
robbie works 6am til 7pm. it sucks. i'm going round my mums for christmas day. she's cooking hte turkey and i'm doing all the veg and bringing it round in the car
|

Especially eHealthy
im making a turkey.. and alllllllll the fixins. The family tradition is ham but im not home with my mom and dad so it wouldnt be the same. (Plus i cant cook ham the way my mom does.. but i make a MEAN turkey glaze! lol)
|

Especially eHealthy
beckster wrote:
robbie works 6am til 7pm. it sucks. i'm going round my mums for christmas day. she's cooking hte turkey and i'm doing all the veg and bringing it round in the car

i thought you and robbie broke up?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
thats what i thought. i hope everythings ok.
really? leaving as a millionnaire? that is crazy! must be hard work working there though.
ill be making turkey with all the trimmings. that is traditional with both families. everything will be made from scratch and i'm really going to enjoy making it Smile no stress of watching william while making dinner as bobby will be here for once. cant wait to spend time together as a family
|

Especially eHealthy
Im so glad christmas is almost over. It seems to be taking to long for me. i have almost all my presents wrapped, just waiting on some I ordered on Amazon.

We are going to my inlaws christmas eve afternoon if i feel like seeing their stupid selves. Then we are having dinner at my grandparents where we are exchanging gifts. Then we are going back Christmas morning around 10 for breakfast and gifts from santa. sometime in there macy n liam have to open all the presents i got them
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
does everyone feel the same about their inlaws? i'd rather stay at home than see them. but its christmas Sad no excuses this time.
|
12 >>