Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

foggy vision and lethargy

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I suffer from Foggy and cloudy Vision. Eyesight is normal. Feel as if vision is not clear although I can see everything properly. It is like having cloudy thoughts. Makes you feel that you are sleepy and lethargic when I feel fogginess and cloudy vision as if I am suffering from constant hangover 24 X 7. My sleep is also irregular for the past 1 year.
It causes Confused Mind which makes me unable to concentrate. It also causes Weak Memory, Difficulty recollecting/recalling past things.
I think a lot and take stress easily. Also I do not speak much either.

What is it that I am suffering from???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper raip74
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
I have your symptoms exactly!! What the hell is it?
I have every symptom!! Am I going blind?????????????? I was diagnosed with diabetes 8 months ago but otherwise I am fine. Maintaining acceptable but not great sugar levels. Please tell what you have heard now.
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
Re: foggy vision and lethargy
raip74 wrote:
I suffer from Foggy and cloudy Vision. Eyesight is normal. Feel as if vision is not clear although I can see everything properly. It is like having cloudy thoughts. Makes you feel that you are sleepy and lethargic when I feel fogginess and cloudy vision as if I am suffering from constant hangover 24 X 7. My sleep is also irregular for the past 1 year.
It causes Confused Mind which makes me unable to concentrate. It also causes Weak Memory, Difficulty recollecting/recalling past things.
I think a lot and take stress easily. Also I do not speak much either.

What is it that I am suffering from???
|

replied February 11th, 2008
Sounds like me
These symptoms sound remarkably like mine. I have the feelings of lethargy/fatigue, the drunk/hungover feeling and the feeling that my eyes aren't focussed, even though I can see everything fine. It's sort of like the feeling your eyes are trying to go in two different directions, like you get when you're mentally fatigued.

I've been suffering for it for the past 2 months and have had a CT scan and blood tests that have all come back negative.

Someone suggested Vertical Heterophoria Syndrome, which I am currently looking into.

I hope you find out what is wrong soon as I know how horrible this feels. I also know that it's difficult to get people to understand when there are no outwards signs of what you're feeling.
|

replied February 12th, 2008
To Pheliciano are you a diabetic?
Are there any other things that you are being treated for?
|

replied March 25th, 2009
I can totally relate
I am not sure what this condition is but I thought that it was related to taking Anti Depressents. I have stopped taking the AD in Oct of 08 but I have constantly been feeling the foggy vision and mental fogginess. I have been going to Dr's for sometime about this to find out how I can fix it but still trying to get answers. I have noticed that by eating healthy and drinking a lot of water and getting enough sleep has helped but I am still dealing with the issue. I have been getting a lot of anxiety over this issue with my stomach getting in knots, a lot of times this condition does consume me but I am trying to learn to fight for joy each and every day. If there is a name for this condition please someone let me know so I know how to ask for help or atleast know how to Explain it to the DR. Thanks for your input!
-Corey
|

replied May 26th, 2010
What do we all have in common?
I have the same symptoms. What do we all have in common? I am married with two small children and I own my own small business. On busy days, I don't feel it as much. Maybe I'm just distracted by work. It's the days when I don't have a lot going on that I feel the effects the most. Sometimes it's so bad I don't feel like I should be driving. I feel like I'm high on something. I tried several recreational drugs when I was younger and smoked pot for several years. Could that have anything to do with it? It seems like a brand new disease to me.
|

replied May 26th, 2010
I have the same symptoms. What do we all have in common? I am married with two small children and I own my own small business. On busy days, I don't feel it as much. Maybe I'm just distracted by work. It's the days when I don't have a lot going on that I feel the effects the most. Sometimes it's so bad I don't feel like I should be driving. I feel like I'm high on something. I tried several recreational drugs when I was younger and smoked pot for several years. Could that have anything to do with it? It seems like a brand new disease to me.
|

replied May 27th, 2010
Oh yeah, I also have a pretty regular Americanized diet. I don't eat a lot of cheeseburgers and fries, but I do eat fried foods and moderate amounts of sugar. When I'm feeling the symptoms I tend to eat more in an attempt to raise my energy level. Usually caffiene will help me snap out of it for a while.
As far as drugs, I haven't done any for the past 10 years and I'm now in my mid 30s.
Do any of you see any common threads?
|

replied June 3rd, 2010
I worked a 14hr day, and half way through the day my vision was becoming cloudy. I was instaling Spray Foam Insulation in an attic wearing a vented face shild with constant air, I don't know if i got it from the air in my face and my eyes dryed out or the chemical from the foam or the heat or maybe all three? im on day 2 and it is still cloudy. its a blue smoke look.
When i was little and after swimming in a pool with my eyes open i would get the same affect but it went away, anyone know what i should do to treat this or if it will go away soon?
|

replied September 28th, 2010
Blurry vision
I have the same thing going on. The first time it happened I was driving and had to pull over my eyes got so cloudy. Almost like a blue cloudy as if it was very foggy outside or a campfirewas near by. Happened a few times off and on much less noticable over the last few months. Today having day two of my medical show for work, it hit hard this morning and won't go away. I'm nervous it is something but would like to avoid a million different tests if I could narrow it down before hand. I think I will visit a doctor this afternoon. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from iPhone.
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
I have the SAME symptoms. I am female, 39 years old with 4 young children. My eyes tested perfectly. 20/20. I have thyroiditis but my thyroid levels are testing in the normal range. My eyes are driving me NUTS! When they are the worst, my mental fog is the worst. Sometimes I say the stupidest things and can't seem to string thoughts together at all. I put things in the wrong place and my memory is shot. And other days I'm much better...although I am aware of visual problems every day. I've been tested to the hilt and noone seems to know what is wrong. I drink too much Diet Coke, but that is my only vice. No cigarettes or drugs. PLEASE let me know if you figure anything out. THis is very stressful on me.
|

replied September 10th, 2011
same exact symptoms, its due to stress and anxiety.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied December 18th, 2011
I dont feal stressed but I had a panic attack two days ago
I don't feel stressed, but I had a panic attack two days ago, and ever since I have had these same symptoms. Could this be my nerves recovering?
|

replied January 6th, 2012
Me too!
This has been happening to me as well, I have been dealing with this almost a year now. I hope someone updates this if they have found out any information.
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Hiya there peeps!
so i have this 'cloudy', more like passively blurry vision, which comes and goes hundreds of times throughout the course of the day but when it does happen i have immensely adverse effects on my mental capacity. Sometimes I can't even string words together in sentences or collect my thoughts to reach conclusions properly; and i am described as a genious of sorts.
I find that things like coffee or nicotine help centre my vision into the moment but those effects are only temporary. I am a two year long sufferer of this unknown ailment.
I am depressed... well i say depressed but i just consider myself bored with my life at the moment.
I consider this to be something to do with mental state rather than an actual illness or disease though it may be considered to be a mild psychological problem.
The common link between us all is boredom. I think that we are simply not content with our current state and as a result our minds are removing us from the moment, from reality.
these are my thoughts on the matter. Hope I helped.
|