Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Vaginal delivery after 2 Cesarean Sections?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im 11 wks. pregnant , my first child 5 yrs. old now, delivered by c/s operation (CPD) he is 3.5 kls. and that time im 34 yrs. old during that time, my 2nd one baby girl, 2 yrs. old, i delivered her by c/s and 2.6 wt. kls., 36 wks. Is it possible to have a vaginal delivery after 2nd c section?
Im afraid because im now 40 yrs. old and more fragile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
no you will have to have a cesarean
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You actually can attempt a VBAC so long as you have a physician that is willing to do this. In the states physicians are less comfortable with this idea, but elsewhere it is more common. It also depends on what type of incision was used during your previous C-sections, and whether they repaired your uterus with a double layer of stitches or just one. Your scan can either run low and horizontally across your abdomen or run vertically from your navel to your pubic bone. From the medical literature, the vertical incision is more likely to result in a uterine rupture during labor than is a horizontal incision. For more information, you can reference some books by Ina May Gaskin who details many many births from her midwifery practice in Tennessee. She has had the opportunity to provide care for many many VBAC patients and had great success. Good luck!
|