Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Bed Wetting at 19

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
Sad

Hi. Could anyone help me with my problems? I am currently a 19 year old, but i havent stopped bed wetting. Its like whenever i fall into a deep sleep, without knowing, my urine just flows out. I wet my bed almost everytime i sleep comfortably. I cant possibly sleep in discomfort, it'll bring me lots of headache whenever my sleep gets disrupted. please tell me whats my problem? or what i should do..
thankz
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have any signs of an infections? Have you mentioned this to your doctor?
There are a couple things you can try, first stop drinking after 6 pm, do not drink any caffeine as it can aggravate your bladder also. The other is to see a doctor, he/she can run some tests to see if there's something more going with your bladder/kidneys.
The doctor may also try medication to help stop this such as Ditropan.
|

replied December 19th, 2007
hmm.. what are the signs of infections, as far as i think.. i doubt i have signs of infection. Could it possibly jus be bad habits? i'm totally stressed out abt it. The day before i even wet my frens' bed. i'm totally embarrassed now.

in addition, i heard medications are just temporary. and i am afraid to go to the doctors cause it may be costly.
|

replied December 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Signs of infection can range from strong urine odor, puss in your urine, fever,chills,
burning when urinating, pain in your abdomen and/or kidneys.
Everyone is different with the symptoms they have.
Do you eat a lot chocolate or drink soda, coffee or tea? These things can aggravate the bladder.
Medications are temporary but it might help until a doctor can figure out what is going on.
Yes I agree it can be costly to see a doctor. Do you have health insurance? If not you can look into a clinic that offers free or low cost testing.

What bad habits are referring to you? Stress can also be a culprit.
|

thanks alot for the constant replies. i do love chocolates, but i dont realli drink coffee or tea. By the way, consuming alcohol,to make me fall into deep sleep does it actually help prevent bed wetting? i feel stress only when staying overnight at my fren's place.. and nope i dun have any health insurance. Confused
|

oh to add on, the symptoms u mentioned, i dont have any. i feel irritated, i have to use blankets instead of comforters/quilts because wetting them means alot of washing and cleaning to be done. even my mattress are those without springs in them. its a total shame and disgrace. sigh.
|

replied December 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I do understand how you feel as this has happened to me for a time also, even into adulthood, but then again I have kidney/urological problems.
I think it would be best if you contacted a doctor to find out what is causing this.
I don't think alcohol will help with bed wetting, it will put you in a deep sleep which only add to the bed wetting.
Take Care
Happy Holidays Smile
|

replied March 27th, 2011
Hello,

So here is my experience with bedwetting: I stopped bedwetting at the age of 28. It was really a nightmare to live an adult life as a bedwetter, but I finally managed to overcome it. I tried out some moisture alarms (bedwettingalarm.info) and after two weeks my body learned not to bedwet. It's suuuuch a relief, I can't even describe that...

Be strong!
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2011
as above, you should try out a bedwetting alarm as they actually do work great - not just for children at all. Theres lots of options. My aunty had dire adult bed wetting issues and it took her 6 weeks to be cured, she used a wireless alarm from a company called Anzacare I think, and it simply woke her each time she had to go and was asleep. It trains the brain. Honestly I think this is your best chance of success, try it out and let us all know how you get one! Best of luck!
|

replied May 21st, 2012
I am going through the same thing! I have no signs of infection. Its just that when i gotta go i haveeee to go at that moment or elsee its an accident!!
|