Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Lump inside sphincter ~ no bleeding yet ~ how serious?

Hey everyone I'm not positive it's Hemorrhoids but I'm relatively certain. I have a lump slightly on the inside of my sphincter and it's somewhat painful, definately uncomfortable. It hasn't started bleeding as of yet even during bowel movements however all bowel movements I've had since it showed its ugly head have been soft stools.

It began a couple days ago and I'm not really looking for a diagnosis as I'm fairly certain I know what it is. I do intend to go to the doctor but I haven't been able to do so yet.

I'm recently out of the military and just started my first civilian job. I am on my second week and won't get insurance until the 60 day mark. This is pretty unfortunate however livable. Today I'm going to get some Prep H. to deal with the discomfort but what I need to know is (and of course, this is no guarantee, I just need ballparks) is there any way to tell how serious Hemorrhoids are or what stages they're at other than their discoloration?

Presently I haven't seen any bleeding, I have been very carefula bout the things I do including sitting down, wlaking, running, etc. I've been able to pass bowel movements without an issue and it's only uncomfortable, not elaborately painful.

I think alot of this has come from stress. Girlfriend issues, new job, moving houses, bills, etc. I'm going to relax a bit more for now. I digress, how serious of an issue is this? am I risking my life by waiting a few weeks or should I pay money that I truly do not have to see a doctor immediately? I appreciate any input or stories everyone may have. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JeffreyO
|

replied December 19th, 2007
Today....
Today I have had the necessity to sneeze a few times. Of course muscles tense when you sneeze. One time I felt a little bit of pain associated with the area during the sneeze. A few hours later I noticed some blood on my seat and went to the private restroom (at work) took off my pants and saw blood on the back of my pants. Of course, I can only assume that actually came from the sneeze and muscles tensing and possibly popping or damaging the possible roid. Is this a serious health risk also? Should I make every attempt to refrain from sneezing/stressing the muscles or should I simply clean up and keep soldiering on? Thanks!
|

replied February 3rd, 2009
the nurse thought i has a prolapse im female but i have a lump at the begining of my bowel which causes pressure when i have a bowel movement my tail bone hurts and my back gets sore the doctor has written to the hospital
|

replied April 19th, 2011
Help,,,! spongey lump out side anus ?
feels like the anus is turned inside out t while pooping,it kinda closes the anus,so if you have more to go, have to do later, but no pain no bleeding it goes back in once done...! what is it,,? been 2 years
|