Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Need Advice, Please Help

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I started working out since I have about 6 months before I head out to college and I want to have bigger arms, nice chest and some abs. I'm 6 foot, 170 lbs. and 18 years old. I have a gymin my apartment building and for the last 2 weeks have gone everyday. I go for 2 hours each day and do the same exercises everyday. I simply go to the gym after school, do curl ups, lifting the weights over my head which believe is for the shoulders, curl ups, and three machines which are at the gym, one does chest, the other upper back, and the other triceps. I do this exact cycle a minimum of 3 times per day and usually do the curl ups and chest machine about 5 times. In the past 2 weeks I have noticed that the amount of weight I am able to lift has increased substantially, for example, the first day I did curl ups with 15 lbs. and today I did them with 25 lbs., is this normal? I also bought Muscle Milk at GNC since I was getting very soar and it seems to heal everything over night, enabling me to go back to the gym the next day. I do the same exercises over and over again since they are the only ones I know. Could someone please help me out?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Are you doing any cardio also? Like swimming would be good for your arms/chest/upper back. Push ups as well.

You should give your muscles 48 hours rest between workouts of the same muscle group.

The library would be an excellent resource for looking up weight lifting information!

Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?