Good question though Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
michelle1981 wrote:
Why you ask, Ingi?

Good question though Wink

I'd like to know how a link I supposedly sent (was still in my outbox, by the way) was 'reported' and I was emailed about it.

If I was 'reported' for a PM that was never picked up by it's intended target because it was still sitting in my outbox, how on earth did this PM get reported and WHO read that PM?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
email by who?
I thought if it was still in your sent box they had not read it yet! and if private message arn't private. why are the called Private messages?
|

Especially eHealthy
meblonde01 wrote:
email by who?
I thought if it was still in your sent box they had not read it yet! and if private message arn't private. why are the called Private messages?

It was emailed to me by ehealth. Haven't you ever been reported? Ehealth will send you a nice email with the contents of the offense you were reported for. This particular PM had not left my outbox, so had not been picked up by the person it was sent to.

My question is: WHO read that pm and WHY was I reported for it?

Additionally, it was my belief that it was OK to include links in PMs ONLY not to put links to other sites in threads. So, when someone asks a question I will PM a link to a source of information.

Is that not allowed? Are we not allowed to PM links anymore?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
no I haven't ever been reported.. Should have a few times maybe Smile
I thought we could send links..
Maybe this is a good question for a Amin..
|

Especially eHealthy
That was why I posted here. Wink
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
IC
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Read Between the Lines
as I have and sometimes, in all honesty it is my opinion that some of the things I post on eHealth get buried somewhere and never see the light of day. That's o.k. by me as long as it goes both ways.

There should be no on in a position who has their little ego power trip to be able to go in and change any posts that are put in there.

That is why a few weeks ago, I went in and changed my password for, well , privacy of my information for all that is worth.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
um we have a control panel and if a post needs to be edited for any reason we do it there. pms are seen by no one but you unless you report it or are reported.
we do not know your passwords.
|

Especially eHealthy
Tmddyan wrote:
um we have a control panel and if a post needs to be edited for any reason we do it there. pms are seen by no one but you unless you report it or are reported.
we do not know your passwords.

With all respect, how was a PM reported if it had NEVER BEEN PICK UP? Apparently someone has some kind of access to PMs since that particular PM was never received by the person I intended it to go to. Yet, I got a copy of that in my email from Admin telling me to stop.

So FYI, someone did see that PM. Just not the person it was sent to.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
notif there is a problem--we are discussing that now.
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry for being ignorant so it means that anyone can see the pm between two people? If so oh boy! Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
Private messages remain private.

The administration has added a filter to private messages that identify and report all URLs. This was a conscious decision made by the administration to eliminate spam proactively. We were having lots of trouble with people spamming others with external links to other sites. You know ... the, "I have just the thing for you. Go to www.whatever.com and buy this miracle product!"

So to clarify, if you post a URL, admin will see it. If the URL is legit, we glaze over it and move on to the next. We are interested in keeping the content on the site as non-commercial as possible!

Make sense?
Quick Reply