Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

on Avinza for back pain - pain is increasing - what to do?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I am currently being treated for back pain. I have been on Avinza for many years now increased to 90 mg but it’s not helping. We have tried many combinations of other additional meds and with no real help, although lyrica has given me a little relief from the leg cramps.

I can’t complain about my dr he has been very supportive with helping me. But where do I go from here? I am in severe pain and its becoming hard to walk. If it keeps going at this rate will anything pain meds be able to help me? Would a different type of pain med be more effective?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 19th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Hello Fred,

"I am in severe pain and its becoming hard to walk." In my opinion that is your cue. Pain medication ONLY covers up the pain at best. They do not correct the problem that is causing your pain.

You decide, however, it seems you are at a point where surgery may be your best option. Do speak with your doctor. Perhaps new MRIs and X-rays would be in order.

May I ask if your doctor is a neurologist or spinal surgeon? If so GREAT! If not, then make an appointment to see the best neurologist or spinal surgeon that you can find.

I wish you the best. Stay in touch and let us know how things are going.

RichT
|
Did you find this post helpful?