Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Brown Discharge With Hpv??

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I found out i had hpv when i was 15 and went to my first pap smear that came back positive for pre-cancerous cells after a culture was taken. Since then I've had problems with chronic vaginal discharge, enough so that every day i have a wear a panty liner. For the past four years I've been on the depo-provera shot and just recently got off of it and had my first period. During the four years I would occasionally have brown discharge that i believed was old blood, and ever since my first period I've have more of the brown discharge, more acute than the normal amount I'm used to. It's causing my sex life to decrease because i dont want to have sex with this brown discharge occuring and I'm afraid it might be my hpv coming up again. Any advice?

Elizabeth
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm sorry to tell you this Elizabeth, but your HPV never actually went away. It may have regressed, but it will always be there. Have you been keeping up on your pap smears? If so, you should be fine in that area.

Sounds to me like an issue with your hormones and coming off the depo.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Ingi Is Right
As I have learned too. HPV doesn't go away. The best thing is to keep up with your Pap smears and live a healthy life style. Guess there are a lot of worse things we could have than HPV.

Take care.
|

Oh Yeah
Sorry, I phrased the hpv coming back wrong. I know it never goes away, I was just saying i was worried the pre-cancerous cells might be back or something. I've had pap smears every 6 months for the past 4 years so I'm definately keeping tabs on it. Hopefully it is just my hormones and everything will settle down in a month or two. Thanks a bunch!
|

User Profile
Redfeather
Take care friend. You are a careful person. I can tell you are and will take care of yourself.

I am part Cherokee. My great-grandmother was full blood. Such a sweet and wonderful lady. Kind and good.

I am learning too. Kept trying to tell myself maybe it would go away. At least we are probably more lucky than some who never even know they have been exposed to it.

There was a great testimonial about this young mother (in her 30's) who found she had HPV and even her doctor was surprized about it turning into a potentially dangerous situation for her.

My children tell me it is quite a common thing. It just is not something you would expect to happen to you.

Be well.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That is good that you have stoped taking depo provera. That's one drug I wouldn't dare to try because of the threath to your bone health. Certainly the discharge all it seems to be coming off from the depo and not hpv. Hpv is not going to cause you that by any means.
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2007
If Your Pap
comes back negative and now that I understand if you have HPV with the high risk types, you are going to have it. Thanks Nightangel for explaining to me how it gets integrated into your DNA. I had thought maybe if your body could overcome it, then it would gone. Not so.

Does that mean that if I ever had another relationship, the only way I could prevent exposing the other person would be to use protection? I think I already know the answer but sometimes, need to be told again.
|