Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Asthma And Pregnancy - can I use nebulizer?

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
User Profile
So my asthma is acting up again and I am wheezing like crazy tonight:( My inhaler doesn't seem to be doing any good so usually I would use my nebulizer with albuterol or pulmicort respules at this time but I don't know if that's safe for the baby or not??? I haven't been able to find any info online. I asked my nurse if I could use my inhaler and she said that was fine because it's relatively hard to harm the baby after 12 weeks but I don't know about the nebulizer treatments.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile care_free
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I never seem to trust nurses, they say things to ease you. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but definitely ask your doctor, or call a hot line, not sure if there is one for asthma or not. And it is, of course, to harm the baby at any point during the pregnancy by what you put in your body.
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I was told that using my albuterol is fine, but if you're worried go ahead and go in to the er and let them treat you. I'm sure they will understand.
|

replied December 2nd, 2009
nebulization during pregnency
Hi,

this is madhur and iam 18 weeks pregnent. from past 5 days i have cough. doctor suggested me to take amoxicilin tab 500mg for 3 times for 5 days. but still i have too much caugh. pls suggest me - shall i take nebulization and also the respules for nebulizing
|

replied March 11th, 2010
i found a study on a medication called xolair. it is supposed to help asthma during pregnancy. here is a website about the study if you're interested.

xolairpregnancyregistry.com
|