Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Umbilical Cord?

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
User Profile
Is it ok for the umbilical cord to be falling off this soon? For some reason i thought it took about 3 weeks or so. It looks good, and it's not bleeding, or infected. Just coming off. It's hanging there right now by a little string. She'll be a week old tomorrow.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My daughter's came off at around a week old too. So I wouldn't have any worries......it is very normal.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks! I was a bit worried. But i'll be glad when it comes off. I hate that thing. Makes me nervous lol
|

Especially eHealthy
liams came off after like 4 days. it just disappeared so i didnt get to keep it.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
really then all of yall are lucky my sons came off in about 2 weeks
|

Especially eHealthy
kristens came off within a week too
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
ok well then i'm good to go then lol. Thanks ladies!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well Carly's just came off like 4-5 days ago. Her's was stuck good! We even put the diapers over it and it lasted that long!!!!!! Shocked
|

Especially eHealthy
finn's came off at 8 days and on that last day before it fell off it smelled like a rotting corpse. mmm...

dani, ewwww! you would have kept it?!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
lol yeah i didn't want to keep it. But it did come off with the last change we had. Thank god i hated that thing!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ava's took forever to fall off. We kept Ava. If you bury it under a rose bush your baby will have rosey cheeks. We didn't get around to burying it yet.
|
Quick Reply