Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Different Vitamins together

HI i was wondering if its safe to take all these different vitamins at the same time . i jus bought them for the antioxidants n cuz i dont eat properly. i hav fish oil, vit c, vit b, vit e, multi vit and alpha lipoic acid. thanks alot
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Yes you can take them all.. at the same time, just make sure you check to see if you are overdosing: then you will just waste what you are taking. For example, you are taking a multivitamin, but you are also taking vitamin c and b. You can take a lot of vitamin C, but you don't need to take more than the daily requirement: it should say how much of the percentage recommended is contained in one serving. You can overdo vitamin B and things like iron, so again, read the labels, and make sure you aren't taking too much.

The best thing to do overall is to eat healthy. Even if you do take your vitamins, they aren't going to help you much when you've done things such as blocked your arteries with your high fat intake or raised your unhealthy cholesterol levels.
|

replied March 14th, 2008
Experienced User
The maximum dose of vitamin C is around 2000mg/day. To achieve the RDA amount of vitamin C, you need 60mg (or 1 orange). That will fight off scurvy, which isn't exactly sweeping the nation. To get optimal levels, then anything between 1000mg and 1500mg is sufficient.
|

replied January 16th, 2011
funny thing you're a moderator, mominashoe, because that's pretty awful advice. Don't listen to the RDA or RDI's on the label. These are often based on outdated, or unsupported evidence. For instance, the RDA for vitamin e is based on research done in the 1960's.. The doses established on labels are usually sufficient to prevent deficiencies, but too little to provide additional benefits (such as improved immune function, disease prevention, etc).

Also, be careful what vitamins you take together. The ones in your post sound fine, but I would take the multivitamin separately. Some vitamins inhibit the absorption of others, so do your research when deciding what to take together.
|

replied May 13th, 2011
I'm looking to find out idea if whey proteins are good or not? Do you have any ideas?
|
Quick Reply