Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Colon Cancer And Bleeding Frequency

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
I couldn't find any info about this:
Wondering about the freguency of bleeding when your bleeding is due to cancer?
When you have a rectal bleeding symptom due to colon caner, is it persistent? Does it bleed everytime (or most of the time) with bowel movements? or can it bleed one time and does not for a year or so until the cancer is in its late stages?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I not sure what you are asking but if you have rectal bleeding you need to get it checked out. Colon cancer at an early stage is very treatable.. Even if you bleeding it is still at a treatable stage. If you are only have rectal bleeding with a bowl movement it may not be cancer at all. It might be a hemorrhoid

Have you been diagnosed with colon cancer?
|

replied January 4th, 2012
No I have not been diagnosed with colon cancer. The bleeding is minimal and only with some bowel movements if I am constipated or if I have diarrhea. I have irritable bowel syndrome. I kept track one time of how many times a month I had the bleeding and out of 31 it was about five times in one month.
|

replied December 14th, 2007
yes I had a rectal bleeding with bowel movement.It was bright red on the water and toilet paper followed by itching and a burning sensation. Have long hemorroid history but no bleeding before and my doctor recommended colonoscopy. I am not sure if having one instance of bleeding qualifies for colonoscopy...I am 30 yrs old and have no other symptoms. The bleeding happened a month ago and since then everything back to normal. My question was: if you have colon cancer, shouldn't bleeding happen more than one or two times?
I don't want to take colonoscopy so I told my doctor I would watch it and if it bleed again I would take the colonoscopy. But I am not sure if this is a wise decision?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds like hemorroids beause of the burning and itching. But I would take your Doctors advice and have the colonoscopy. I have had one and there is nothing to it. They don't hurt AT ALL...
I do beleive there is more blood more often with colon cancer. I know a girl (33) that had colon cancer and there was bleeding.. she had the colonoscopy and it was in stage two.. luckly she had the test the found it and it had not went through the lining of the colon into other organs..
It will give you peace of mind to have the test..
Why don't you want it? I can tell you more about it if you like..
|

Hi meblonde01...I think I will take the colonoscopy...
appreciate if you can share you experience with me? preparation, pre and post operation etc.?
thanks...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
prep.. they give you a jug of stuff to drink.. you need to drink it about every 15 minutes.. I heard there is a pill form now. I have to have another one next month, my father died from colon cancer and I have to have the test every 5 years,, I am going to ask about the pill when I go to the doctor.
The prep is the hardest part.. because you have to drink so much liquids.. but it's not that bad.. And you can't eat for I think for 12 hours.. and you will have to be near a bathroom.. pretty soon you will have bowl movement that will be nothing but water.. Make sure you do just as they tell you to do about eating.. you can have broth and jello.. because if you get in there and your colon is not totally clean you will have to go through the prep again.. then at the hospital they will give you a antithetic.. and you won't remember any of it.. they put a scope in your rectum and look at you colon.. all of it.. and take pictures. if there is a polyp they will take a snip of it and send it to the lab.. to see if it is cancerous or not.. so make sure you don't take any herbs or aspirin.. anything blood thinning 2 weeks before.. The surgery last about 10 minutes or less. and you will go home in about an hour.. they will make sure you eat some crackers and drink a little water after you wake up.. You will have some gas so you will toot a lot right after you wake up.. they will tell you to just let it rip.. Smile you might be a little drossy when you get home, I wasn’t but my hubby was. You will need someone to take you in for this.. and your Bottom will not hurt afterwards.. you won't feel anything.. next day.. everything will be normal.. they usually tell you your results right there when you wake up so you don't have to wonder.. I'm glad your going to do this.. it will give you piece of mind.. ask me any questions I might have left out..
|