Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Why Am I Showing??

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi, I am new to the board, but I found out that I am 3 weeks pregnant. I have 2 children, and this is my third pregnancy. (i had a miscarriage inbetween chidren). My question is, isn't it a little early to be showing????
I have no morning sickness, no breast tenderness, and if I didn't go to t he Dr., I wouldn't even knowi was pregnant. I look 3 months preg!!
Help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper orionskarma
|

replied September 10th, 2003
I am not sure about all this, you have discrabed all this a little vague. How fast did you started to show. Was it in last 3 weeks or was it longer? Are you just obese? How much do you weight and how tall are you? Are you just getting bigger around your belly or all over your body?

One possibility just so out of my head could be that you are retaining water because of hormonal changes in pregnancy. Maybe you just became more aware of your body in last 3 weeks. What did doctor say?

Let me know, jauzi.
|

replied September 10th, 2003
Well, I am only 140 lbs. And the gain is only inthe front. I've made an appoimtment, but it won't be until the 25th. I was just thinking maybe it was twins or something. The only other thing it could be is that maybe I am further along than I thought. I don't know...
Kimmi
|

replied September 11th, 2003
I Understand
Hi I totally understand how you feel. I am 5 weeks along but you can definitely see my tummy starting to form. When I went to the doctor on monday he said my uterus is 8-10 week size (this is my 2nd preg.) and he said usually your uterus grows sooner and bigger with each pregnancy. It can kind of cause an inconvience as I am already starting to outgrow my pants and that doesn't even mention what this pregnancy has done to my breasts they are at least 2 sizes bigger! Well good luck!
|

replied September 16th, 2003
Hi, i'm also showing a little, I have also heard that after your second pregnancy you will poke out more, of course it is still possible you could be having twins, but I got big in the belly fast with my third and this pregnancy...I'm nine weeks now, and just barely showing.
|

replied September 17th, 2003
Hello,
I am 8 1/2 weeks and I feel like i'm starting to show. I can feel my uterus right above my pubic bone. Isn't this a little early to be feeling this? I'm nervous, because i've been very cautious about my diet and have only gained 3 pounds, yet I am fearful of gaining too much weight. Is 8 weeks to early to show?
|

replied September 19th, 2003
I'm 14 Weeks And Showing Too Much
I started showing at 8 weeks myself, this is my first child so I thought I was normal.
|

replied June 28th, 2004
Showing Early In Pregnancy
We are expecting our 6th baby. It is true that with each baby, i've "shown" a little earlier. I am now only 8 weeks and people have commented that they can tell i'm expecting. I don't mind it at all, since it's a natural way for a woman's body to act after having many other children. The old uterus just "knows what to do" and muscles aren't what they used to be. What I would love to see somewhere is a special web site or book dedicated to "grand multiparas" (those who have had more than 5 children). There is so much information that changes the more babies you have.
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Showing Early Myself
I am only 5 weeks and 135 lbs. I am not obese but I am showing in the front very soon. This is my second child. I know that I am exactly this far along. Could the reason be that it is twins? Do you show sooner if it is twins? Please advise
thanks
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
You definitely show sooner when having twins. It could also be that you're bloated, happens to a lot of women in their first trimester (in 2nd and 3rd too). I was 'showing' two months into my pregnancy but a lot of that was water retention and being bloated the baby was no bigger than a peanut at that point.
|

replied September 24th, 2005
Experienced User
I have a cousion who is preg. With her 2nd baby..She is due in jan & looks like she could pass for being 8 months..People thought she was having twins but she is having just one.
|

replied July 10th, 2009
I am a mother of 3 and i'm now 8 weeks pregnant it is normal to start showing earlier with each pregancy as you body knows it is going to have to make room for the baby and after the 1st it's just easier to strech to that point as the body has been through this b4 with my 1st i didnt show till 5 1/2 months 2nd started showing at 3 months now with this pregnancy i was showing at 2 months looking like 5 months lol this is all normal and ok you should watch your weight gain as you doctor will be as well you need not gain more then 15-25 lbs as it would be a risk to you and the baby bet thing i recomend 6 small meals a day HEALTHY remember the baby takes the good and leaves you with the rest lol and walking everyday as this will help you strengthing you body for the soon to come labor plus help keep you at a health weight without hurting the baby it's a win win good luck to you all
|

replied July 15th, 2009
Im only about 4 wks..havent been to the doc yet(apt on monday)..however, everyone thinks that im about 3 months at this point. I was wondering why my belly looks so big...now it makes since that it could be water retention. Twins do run in my family though(my dad is a twin)!! Guess i'll just ask a lot of question when i go to the doc on monday. This is my 4th child, so i know i'll show a lot earlier this time. I'm exicted though..congrads to all the new mommies!!! :>
|

replied March 20th, 2010
I too am pregnant with my 2nd and am way bigger early. I am currently 10 weeks and all my friends are joking that I am having twins. Im 5'7" and weigh 130 lbs. I have also been worrying about this problem but reading all these comments helps me feel at ease.
|

replied March 26th, 2010
twins? Now taking bets
I am 6 weeks with my 4th pregnancy, 5'6 150 lbs *blush
I havent had my ultrasound yet, but i feel ganged up on my OB and my midwife are taking bets on how many, when, and birth weights my previous children being
8 lbs4.0ozs, 9 lbs15.9ozs, 11 Lbs2.3ozs. All singles, didn't show until about 5 months. yet with this one my boobs instantly doubled, my pants dont fit and there's morning sickness where there was Never any before.
what do yout think Ladies? Should I put a bet down on twins?
|

replied June 16th, 2010
2nd pregnancy, showing at 9 weeks
This is my second pregnancy, and I am already showing at 9 weeks. Lat week it was "here i am" and my pants started being uncomfortable. I was slightly overweight, so I didn't expect to show so early, but I have actually lost weight (5 lbs) and my belly is huge (at least to me anyway). With my first i didn't show until about 4 months, and then it was BAM! there's a baby in there. My breasts are much more swollen this time and I am constantly nauseous. My husband keeps teasing that I am having twins! I guess I will find out when I go to the Dr. next week.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul