Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Missed periods but no sex

hey im so confused. when i first got my period a few years back i never got it regular. I got it every month but never the same day or week. It used to be close though. Ive only been to third with one guy. its weird i went to third with this guy and then that month got my period. I got it the next two months to and during that times i had hook ups only going to first and second base ever having sex. Then november and december i missed my period. I knoe i cant get pregnant but im really scared anyone tell me whats goiing on? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Ayrshire-lass
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
to be honest its a bit !**@! up lol

are you stressed about anything because thats usually the main problem for late periods. your ryt not to worry bout being pregerz coz ur not. but mibi just leave it a wee while n get over the whole fact that xmas n thats all over.
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
If you're a teen, then your period will be a little irregular for awhile. Birth control can help regulate it. Don't be scared, it's pretty normal Smile
|

replied January 31st, 2008
your situation isnt strange at all. I know a lot of people who started birth control for this reason alone. I for one havnt gotten my period for a little over a year and im 19! I went from having it for two months straight..to not at all...so trust me your not all that abnormal! It may also run in your family, have you talked to your mom about her cycle..hah i know it may be a little strange, but it's good to know.
|

replied February 29th, 2008
Experienced User
You know, it really couldn't hurt to see a doctor if you're worried. You're definitely not pregnant but there's a small chance something else going on (your diet could be screwing it up, weight loss, not enough sleep, too much stress and other medical issues). I wouldn't worry at all yet, but if it doesn't show up for another month or so I'd get my b*tt in to the doctor to be checked!

ETA: weird... I'm trying to post this but it's telling me I have cencored words and if I post i'll be banned? What the heck is in that post that could be cencored?
|

replied March 5th, 2008
Experienced User
I agree seeing a doctor may be the best thing to do, Maybe he will suggest the pill as that often helps out alot of irregular menstrual cycles Smile

Good luck!
|

replied September 17th, 2008
i know what ur going through
i have missed my period the past 2 months and honestly i was freaking OUT for a while!!! but after reading a lot of replies that u and others have gotten, im not really that worried. if it doesn't start up by next month, i would call a professional. Not just your doctor (cause i know talking to your doctor [especially if your doc. is a guy] may be awkward) but there are other people you can contact. =]]
|

replied January 28th, 2009
ok so im kinda going through the same thing but i havent even had my first kiss (dont laught im only 14!) let sex so im really worried cuz my periods are usually close to the same day and im late at the moment. also whats really freaking me out is the fact that i have an aunt who stopped getting her period while she was in her 20s and cant have any kids now
|

replied February 4th, 2010
Help
Can anyone help?

Im 19 years old. I was on the pill for 2years and came off it in november, i got my period 3days later which was fine, then i got it the same time in december, but now im 13days late. Whats going on? Me + my boyfriend havnt had sex in the past 3weeks, so i cant be preg.
|

replied August 9th, 2010
so my situation is i was on the pill for a year my second to last month i missed my period i am to scared to have sex, and its been 2 months after my pill i still havent had my period? help im scared
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2011
Please suggest something
heyy im a 15yr old gal.. mah periods r smtyme infrequent . last tyme i was reccomended some medicines and it ws all right.bt dis tyme m actually afraid though i hvn't had sex ever.. can anybody tell me whats going wrong?
plz do help me
|

replied March 26th, 2012
Late period, no sex
I have the same problem! I don't have regualr periods but I haven't gotten mine for a little over a month and I'm super worried cause this is the first time it's taken this long!!!! HELP!! P.S. I'm a virgin and I'm 15. (I've never even had my first kiss!) But was sort of stressed 2 months ago, but not really this month.
|

replied April 10th, 2012
no sex but i missed my period
Got my first one in January got it kinda same time in febuary missed it last month and didn't get it this month yet .....double you tee eff
|

replied April 12th, 2012
My situation is that I haven't had sex in over 5 months and I usually come on my minstrel in the beginning of the month and my boy friend only gave me oral so I'm kind day scared of y I haven't came on yet. Also I have been in the birthcontrol shot a while back like a year or two ago. Any advice please.
|

replied August 4th, 2012
i got an abortion last march but i got a menstruation after abortion from month of april may june with a same date but this july i missed my period 7 days late but i didint got sex with my bf since i got abortion.. what will the explanation of it
|

replied October 4th, 2012
I havent had sex in three months but my period didn't come last month what could be wrong?
|

replied December 24th, 2012
I have the same problem as most of u. im 14 and I haven't even had a first kiss. im late and its really freaking me out. I haven't really gotten a lot of sleep at all. could that be the problem?
|

replied December 24th, 2012
I have the same problem as most of u. im 14 and I haven't even had a first kiss. im late and its really freaking me out. I haven't really gotten a lot of sleep at all. could that be the problem?
|

replied August 1st, 2013
i nd my boyfriend just masturbated together..v hv not had sex..& my period date was 30 nd it is 1st today..m nt in periods..too much worried..please help..
|

replied August 31st, 2013
right basically I'm 15 my periods have been regular until June when I missed my period. In the UK the weather has been changing a lot from hot to cold this can affect your body temperature. Most of the time period symptoms are confused with pregnancy which gets you all stressed. If you have white discharge instead of period your body is getting ready.. meaning when you have no discharge and you are dry your period is coming. If you are nearly 16 ( which I am in 2 weeks) then you'll notice some changes. All I am saying is relax and keep calm your period will come. My aunt had the same problem and she said by 19 her periods became regular. She went through loads of tests and they didn't pinpoint what the problem was. Only go to the doctors if your period has not come within at least 3 weeks after it was due to come. As teens they say a period is 28 days because we are irregular only count the date you go it. for example if your period came 2nd August presume it is going to come on the 2nd of September that is what I have been doing and it seems to be accurate. Everyone is different. The only way you can get pregnant is if the guy ejaculates inside you. If he fingers you make sure he washes his hands because that could cause some strange vaginal discharge. Believe me if you are having mild cramps when your period would usually come its getting ready. I would not advise using contraceptive pills because that would also give a guy an excuse that you are willing to do sex. Let mother nature do her own thing Very Happy
|

replied October 7th, 2013
Missed my period, but no sex.
I'm 16 and I am a virgin. But, I haven't had my period since July, and it's October now. I haven't told my mom or anyone and I'm kind of freaking out. I have missed it a couple times before, but never this long. Ive been having my period for like 2 years now. I am a vegetarian so I don't eat meat which means I don't get the protein I need. I also sleep a lot. Could that be the problem? I've also had a lot of stress a few months ago, but not recently. I don't know what's wrong with me.
|