Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Multi Vitamins

Do Multivitamin have everything that they claim in there vitamins? How do you know? Are the cheaper vitamins less quality?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2008
Multi Vitamins
This is a good question honeypot. My question is a pill or liquid vitamin the best choice? I've always taken the pill but I've heard a lot lately about liquid being a better option.
|

replied February 6th, 2008
All vitamins are not made equal
One way to ensure that you are getting high quality vitamins is to look the NSF logo on the bottle. NSF International is an independent, not-for-profit organization that helps protect consumers by certifying products and writing standards for food, water, air and consumer goods.
On top of this, look for manufacturers that offer a guaranty of potency. If the manufacturer does not stand behind their products, why should you trust them to by from them?
|

replied March 14th, 2008
Experienced User
You get what you pay for
Yep, that holds true with vitamins too. Like Ourdia said, look for the NSF logo. That'll help. Also, if the vitamin is pharmaceutical grade, it goes through a much more rigorous testing process. Something "off the shelf" isn't guaranteed to disolve nor is it guaranteed to actually contain what's listed on the bottle. Pharmaceutical grade vitamins ARE required.
|
Quick Reply