Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Large Lump On Top of Shoulder - serious?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hi.. I had a friend notice that I had a large lump on my shoulder a couple of months ago. I really didnt think much and assumed it would dissappear but it hasnt. I dont think it has grown either though. It is on the top front of my shoulder and is as big around as a quarter and an 1/8" thick. It is soft but doesnt move or hurt...

I was just curious if this could be something serious.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What's the color of it?
Is it located above your clavicule bone?
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
No
|

replied December 14th, 2007
The lump on top of my front deltoid. It has no color because it is under my skin.
|

replied February 1st, 2009
I have the same thing
Shelley did lump ever go away or did you see a doctor.. Please reply..
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Large nodule with diameter 2-10 cm, located under the skin, soft or rubbery like on touch, with skin overlying that is normal and is not connected to the nodule, is probably lipoma, a benign tumor composed by fat cells.
It is a slowly growing nodule (present for several years) with upper extremities being the most common site of appearance.

This can be left or surgically removed.

Visit your physician!

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied February 10th, 2011
hello i just found a large flesh colored lump over left scapula. approx size of a plum. it is non tender and round. i can move it. it must have grown fast because i definately would have noticed this. i am thinking lipoma but this large this fast??
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi nteets2002....Anytime that you have something that was not there before, is growing fast and of concern, I would check it out...Take care...

Caroline
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 20th, 2011
hi my mom has recentley gotten one of these and its growing at an alarming rate. please reply as soon as possibale. i need to know what it is. we cant afford to see a docter.
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi rayn: Anything that is growing at an alarming rate should be checked out immediately...Only a physician can diagnosis this and tell you what it is...Have her see her doctor...Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2011
lymphoma
hi i'm 16 and my lymph nodes have been swollen for all most 4 months now, and i went to my doctor they r testing me for lymphoma cancer, and today i have discovered a lump on the left side of my neck and my neck is swollen, is there a chance it could be lymphoma cancer? please answer as soon as possible thank u.
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi again: You might want to call your doctor and tell him/her about the new lump on the left side of your neck...Chances are it is a swollen gland, but do let them know....Take care...

Caroline
|
Tags: lump
Quick Reply