Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

No Feeling In Penis, no erections, no sex drive

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I have been unable to experience any feeling in my penis for over three years now. I have been to doctors and neurologists, urologists, sex therapists, and no one cares. They say, "find something else to do." This is not a joke! Why can no one answer my questions about why this has happened. Why won't they even try? My sex drive is gone. So I had my testosterone checked. It was about 28. So I went on testosterone injections. It soared to 1100. No erections. No sex drive. No interest at all. Can't masturbate any more, and my penis and testicles are literally disappearing. I have testicle pain also. Tests show nothing. Adult entertainment used to so much fun, now it does nothing. I can't concentrate, and just sit and stew about this. I am awake for days at a time, and am losing interest in life. This is making me crazy. I am early 40's. IS THERE ANYONE WHO CARES?????? I just want to have sex with my wife, is that so much to ask?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm sorry... it sounds like something in your body has just turned off. I don't know what to say. Doctor's aren't dumb, and if they don't know what has happened then it's possible there just isn't an answer.
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You've seen a sex therapist and they didn't help?

That must be frustrating. Honestly, if I were in your position, I would find one who would help me. Sex therapy seems like the way to go, they have the most specific knowledge in that area. Just remember that you are paying them- take the time to find one who you actually think will help you. Shop around, someone should be able to provide you with some answers, or at least help you deal with it.
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Hmm, this clearly hints at something wrong with your body and no connection to actual interest whatsoever. People like to think the mind is so powerful, but really it's not, it's quite reliant on a very good balance of chemicals to function as we'd like it to. Any other symptoms other than this? How did it begin (quickly, slowly, etc.)?
|

replied December 17th, 2007
It started quickly. One day I could, the next day it just ended. That is what troubles me the most, and why they thought it was psychological. It has been 3 years now though, and you would think any psychological probs would have resolved since I have been with her all this time. Thanks for the interest. TW
|

replied December 31st, 2007
Have you had any hormone tests done? Including thyroid levels? Do you take prescription pills of some sort?
|

replied September 15th, 2009
Wow, just found my own post by accident. Now almost two years after that post, and still no change. Other than my anger has resolved a bit. Waiting for BW from last week. My testosterone is usually at 28. I took testosterone replacement therapy for a few months. My level soared to 1100, but still no erections, no feeling, and no ejaculation. My wife who is much younger than I is finally considering having sex with a guy friend. I really don't care, because I don't have any sex drive, so it really doesnt matter any more. I just hate to see her want it so badly. Five years of her masturbating, is getting old for her, I do understand that. I also take bp and trigliceride meds. What a bummer. I have been to every doctor from U of Iowa, to Chicago, to the Mayo Clinic last fall. They all say, "sorry, accept it and go on. I am trying, it's just so sad. Newly married and can't enjoy her. I wish there was a magic pill, but that's just wishful thinking. Thanks for letting me rant. tw
|

replied October 28th, 2009
Don't give up!
Don't give up man! Have a complete physical done, when I say complete I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, even if you spend lots of money on it! There is certainly something else that is causing this! Call up different doctors, take a couple appointments if you have to. Also, try to eat healthy food and take up some kind of sport on a regular basis (daily running or something) this will also be good to take off your stress! Wait and see what your health results say, listen to your own body and try to find the cause... is it mental? physical? if you see a hot girl on some X-rated site, do you feel like you want her? Can you masturbate and please yourself in any way? Test many things, you'll eventually find the cause, just keep trying man, don't give up, but don't become obssessed with it either, tell your wife you love her more than usual, and like I said change your life and diet, more good food (vegetables and good meats) and more regular exercise... take up Yoga or Tai Chi or anything to canalize your stress... WHAT DOES NOT KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER MAN, don't forget this! You WILL succeed!
|

replied April 30th, 2013
If none of the above works,Don't laugh,try masturbation stroking very fast. I have the same problem. If you use a little baby oil and stroke very fast you will climax.I know this sounds crazy but it works, your penis will not get hard but you will climax. Some of us just don't have the blood flow there anymore. Also try and just take some time to set and massage that area from time to time.Hope this helps you.
|