Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Frequent Urination + Feeling of Pressure = ?

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
Hello all, hopefully some of you can help me figure out what this is.

First, a couple facts about me: I'm male, 22 years old, I'm on no prescriptions or drugs. I have no STDs. I don't smoke or drink alcohol.

I'm urinating a lot more than normal, and it's often little urine (Although sometimes it seems to be a normal amount). There is no pain or blood while urinating. I also feel a lot pressure in my lower abdomen, inside. I've also noticed that the pressure is alleviated some when I'm standing. A few days ago I had a sudden back pain in my mid/lower back, but it went away after a day or so and I haven't felt it since then.

Any questions or comments are welcomed. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sergio
|

replied December 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Have you seen your doctor?

I have been getting kidney stones for over 25 years. It's possible you might have a stone.
I've had stones with no visible blood in the urine until I actually passed them. The amount of blood can microscopic.
Your doctor can do a urine test and an ultrasound.
Hope you are feeling well soon.
|

replied December 13th, 2007
Sergio,

I'm new to this kidney stone thing. Had 4 bouts of them since 13 Nov. Last one (week ago Wednesday)the docs in the ER got tired of seeing me and admitted me for 4 days and I passed two small pieces of a stone and then one about 5mm in size.
I'm a long time gout sufferer (17 years) and kidney stones and gout go hand in hand. My stones were of the uric acid variety. Your description in your post sounds exactly like what I went through leading up to my 4 bouts. Lower abdomen pain and I had a lot of pressure in my back kidney area. right before and during the incidences my urine production was way down.

I wish you luck and hopefully no pain.

Very Respectfully,
Jeff
|

replied December 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Medication For Gout & Uric Stone
There are medications available for gout & kidney stones. Stones made from uric acid can be helped with use of Uricit-K your doctor will have to order this as is a prescription. Sometimes they add a diuretic with this medication.

Have either of you had a 24 hour collection to see how much uric acid you are producing?
As I mentioned I've been suffering with stones for a long. I get calcium oxalate and uric acid stones, even bladder stones. It's been a nightmare for a long time. I watch what I eat but I still tend to make them.
Another FYI they can be inherited. I've unfortunately passed my kidney stones/ other kidney/urological problems to my children.
Drink plenty of water or to help with your gout and uric acid to prevent it from building up in the urine and bloodstream.
Best wishes.
If you have any questions feel free and ask me Smile
|

replied December 14th, 2007
Butterfly6169,

I've had numerous 24 hour collections 17 year gout sufferer. My uric acid level runs typically at around 12 taking the following meds for gout. 800mg of Alopurinol (gout med and kidney stone preventitive), 3000 mg of Probenicid (doc just cut this one out it can help produce kidney stones). Found somethng else out some heart medicnes ie. Losarten can assist in the production of kidney stones doc changed me to micardis for this its in the same family of drugs.

I will say this gout is more painful to me than the stones but I can live with out either. With me the gout just never goes away last large attack lasted from 19 Dec 06 until mid June 07. Multuiple joints at the same time. Going to the doc on Monday to get the stint removed and then they are going to do a procedure to help break up some stones that showed up with the latest CT scan.

I sure hope I don't pass this on to my daughter she does not deservere this hassle.

I wish you a Happy Holidays. Your posts are most informative for this rookie stone producer.

Very Respectfully,
Jeff
|

replied December 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Jeff

If I can be of any more help feel free to post or pm me. I'm glad I can help.
I hear gout is very painful. My step dad suffers with this and it is awful.

Good luck with your procedure and stent removal. Having the stent removed will be uncomfortable just wanted to give you a little warning on it. I've had more stents than I care to remember.

Happy Holidays to you and your family also.
Take Care
|

replied December 18th, 2007
Hello, sorry I didn't get back. I believe what I have is urinary track infection. It's gotten a lot better, I've been drinking apple cider vinegar with some baking soda and water, as well as drinking lots of water, avoiding dairy, and of course praying. Smile

Even though I had that lower back ache for a day, I never really believed it was a problem in my kidneys, but I also wasn't sure, which is why I originally posted this in the General Q&A, but it was quickly moved here because it seemed a moderator in his/her expert medical opinion, diagnosed it as a Kidney problem and put it here.

So yeah, while the problem still persists slightly, It's improved dramatically since I started doing what I mentioned earlier. I haven't gone to a doctor, but I don't have health insurance and money's too tight for me to go to one.
|

replied December 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sergio

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Be careful though if you begin to feel worse again. Kidney infections can be very dangerous if left untreated, even urinary tract infections cause they can move up to the kidneys.
I understand about money being tight but you don't let your health get worse.
I have mentioned to this other, There are clinics that will work on a sliding a fee scale and/or see you for free depending on your financial situations also check your state department of social services they can guide in a direction regarding health care for the uninsured.
Take care and Happy Holidays!!
|

butterfly6169,

You were spot on about stent removal thanks much for the warning. I go in tomorrow and they are putting me in some type of tank of water to do some procedure. Any words of wisdom.

Very Respectfully,
Jeff
|

Extremely eHealthy
Good Luck
Your Welcome

It sounds like lithotripsy to blast the stones. You will be passing pieces of the stones for a while until they are all out of you. Drink plenty of fluids to speed up the process.

The best advice is to try and relax. I know easier said than done.

Good Luck and post when you are up to it.
|

replied December 23rd, 2007
butterfly6169,

You were correct it was called lithotripsy and I found it to be a little uncomfortable. Back on the strainer but feeling a whole lot better. Wife and daughter are pampering the heck out of me what a life. Thanks for the support.

Very Respectfully,
Jeff
|

replied December 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Glad to hear you are home and survived the litho.
Get enough rest but also move around to get those pieces of the stones to pass.

Take Care
|

replied July 13th, 2011
Bladder Pressure, constant need to urinate
Hi Sergio,

I've suffered the same this week, but luckily I live in the UK where we have a free health service, and also in Wales we have free prescriptions!! Smile
My Dr last week prescibed me Trimethoprim 200mg twice daily for 3 days, which did help and killed the original bacteria, but as I was having symptoms on the 4th day, I have now been given Ceporex suspension 5ml thrice daily.

The Liquid antibiotics have really helped, and I get my further urine sample results back tomorrow. I am hoping it is a simple UTI, as my grandparents have suffered stones - as previous posts - really painful!

Hope this helps... the constant pressure and feeling to wee is really annoying!!
|