Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Vision Problem,tooth Infection? Help!

Hello, I have been going crazy over this for the past week or 2. about 2 weeks ago I was relaxing smoking a cig and I yawned really big and i hearda big click near my left ear and it felt like my jaw was pushed down and my bottom jaw feels like its more the the right now which is very uncomfortable. It has swollen up and I went to the dr and they told me to take motrin and use heat to help it and told me it was TMJ. I have no pain and my face looks fine cosmetically (no drooping of face,teeth line up).they took xrays and catscan and everythign was good. BUT its still very uncomfortable. my vision has been affected. It feels as if the swelling of the left side of my face is making my left eye open more which is making me disoriented when I walk or look left or right with my eyes which is VERY VERY annoying and I CANNOT stand it for much longer. I also JUST noticed a few days ago that my tooth on bottom jaw on the same side has a pretty big whole/chip on the left side of it (2nd to last tooth). Im wondering if that could be the problem behind all of this. Iv been feeling sick and my breathing passage in my throat definitly feels semi blocked and Im not getting enough airflow. Could the tmj of been from a tooth infection? would the vision problem be because the tooth is swelling up my jaw and side of face which would make my eye stay more open slighty? if someone could respond and help me out I would GREATLY appreciate it! thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper benjohn87
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It could be--id go and get that tooth taken care of. do y ou have any other symptoms? like shooting pain in the ears or any thing else? muscle spasams limited opening? i do have suggestions for you. so you can pm me anytime you want

the trigeminal nerve which effects our eyes is near the jaw---this does cause the eye to do strange things.
|
Did you find this post helpful?