Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

stomach cramps, scratchy throat...Could It Be Hiv?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Im scared senseless right now. I went to my doctor last wednesday with nausea and stomach cramps, they said it was probably a stomach virus. I went to the doctor again on saturday, they said it might be my appendix, and i went to the hospital. the hospital said my appendix is fine and sent me home. I went back to the doctor today because i had a red spot about 1 cm in the back of my throat that felt like a scratch last night. this morning i woke up and spit out some yellowy mucus. They tested for strep and said it was negative. they drew blood for a Mononucleosis test, and i am waiting on the results for that.

Would the doctor have known it was oral thrush if he saw it? I got an HIV test today, and i have to wait two days for the results.

please give me some positive feedback.

Also, would I have a raised or lowered white blood cell count as an indication to if i have HIV or not? the doctor said my white blood cells were normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oral trash looks like white/yellow patches in the mouth together with dry mouth, and small ulcers if the patches are wiped off. It affects the mouth, tongue, gums and soft palate and the doctor can easily recognize it. Occasionally, the lips and cheeks are affected, too.
Do you find tiny red spots or bruise-like areas inside your mouth, especially on the roof of the mouth (palate)?
Do you have sore throat with white patches on the tonsils?
|

replied December 12th, 2007
im going to the doctor now. I do have some of those. but everywhere i read it says that the only people that get thrush are infants and HIV positive people.

I got an HIV pcr test done on monday and am waiting for the results. I was reading that they giv false positives... is that true?
|

replied December 14th, 2007
I have had two pcr tests and and one antibody test come back negative now, So I'm hoping all of my symptoms are just gastroenteritis, and a sore throat.

If these were all symptoms of hiv, it would show in the test right?
|