Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Lump In Neck

I have recently come across a small lump in the right side of my neck located just past the halfway point of my neck and slightly towards the back (behind my ear as opposed to in front of it). The lump is not painful, hard, and I can move it slightly up and down, and it's not round more of and oval shape.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper LymphomaLady
|
Users who thank sportychick for this post: Marsailles11 

replied December 10th, 2007
Yes, I have the same thing, i also have a hard pumb under my chin about an 1-2 inches down towards my adams apple. And 2-3 others. What the hell is is. I know cysts can spread buy this lymphomia stuff gets me perionoind. I smoke pot but not and cigrattes for about 2 years. I hope this has nothig to do with that. BTW I am 26 fiinished student teaching today and graduate Hofstra university on thursday the day after I goto the doctor who will give me pills or tell me to goto someone else. I want this looked at not felt and estimate.
|

replied October 29th, 2012
I'm 12 years of age and I have a lump on my neck too! It hurts, when I swallow, eat, turn my head, or laugh. It's some-what hard and it's been here for several days. Its below my ear, and it's pretty big. People told me its a goiter, others told me it's cancer...Do you have a clue as to what it is, or should I go to a doctor?
|

replied December 10th, 2007
I also forgot to mentions these areas that have the lubs is where I shave my face. I do this more than ever since I studnet teach. I switched shaving creams coud that do it?
|

replied April 27th, 2008
lymph nodes
I seem to the the same thing on the back of my neck kinda below my ear except mine seems to be larger maybe a muscles and its sore and I have to more sore bumps near the bottom of my neck. All on the right side of my neck. And I awoke with all of it just yesterday moring after having total restlessness the night following the bumps.
|

replied July 11th, 2008
i have an ovalish shaped bump on the right side of my neck and its exactly how you described it im afraid of what it could be because im a paranoid person.
|

replied July 11th, 2008
i have an ovalish shaped bump on the right side of my neck and its exactly how you described it im afraid of what it could be because im a paranoid person.
|

replied August 6th, 2008
hodgkins
I have a small round lump on the left side of my neck. I'm female, 29 years old, but I'm really freaked out because my father had Hodgkin's twice. Once, at 33 years old and then again at 50. I'm going to the doctor next week. What are the chances that I have this?
|

replied September 12th, 2008
lump in neck..
As odd as it seems.. I am experiencing the exact same thing mentioned by Maya444. I am seventeen year old female, and my dad had non hodgkins lymphoma twice.. I also have a round lump on the left side of my neck? What could this be.. or have you been diagnosed?
|

replied October 7th, 2008
to haletlemmons
you should really go in and get an enhanced CT scan done. i STRONGLY suggest it. i have hodgkins lymphoma and it doesnt even run in my family. i strongly suggest not using any antipersperant with aluminum because it has been unofficially linked to some types of lymphoma and other cancers. better safe than sorry and ill be praying for you!
|

replied December 29th, 2008
swollen lymph node??
today I felt a discomfort on left side of neck and noticed a lump in an oval shape right under and toward back of neck aswell. What can I do? I hope its nothing because I have no medical insurance. I also smoke but no tobacco, can it be just something that will go away, should I be concerned? please help, thank you.
|

replied December 30th, 2008
To ivon
Lymphnodes can swell for a number of reasons. Have you been sick with a cold or flu in the mast couple weeks? Have an unhealthy diet? Try googling the reasons for swollen lymphnodes. You'll be surprised how easy it is to have one and have nothing wrong. It's also easy to think nothing is wrong and having something serious wrong. I would suggest checking to see if you fit any of the basic reasons for a swollen node and if not, then try a CT scan. I know it's expensive if you're not in a place with medicare or free coverage but it's worth it to know what's wrong.
|

replied June 21st, 2010
I'm 13 and have had the same thing for as long as I can remember I went to the doctor and they said it was tissue or somthing. So it shouldn't have to do with shaving or pot
|

replied January 22nd, 2011
help
i have simmilar to derek4928.. i havnt gone to a G.P yet im just looking online... its a lump abt 2 inches over my adams apple... and it seems to have got bigger since the other day.. so any sugestions i should do?. any ideas what it is? if it was a lymph node wha is the treatment for it??
|

replied January 22nd, 2011
i have simmilar to derek4928.. i havnt gone to a G.P yet im just looking online... its a lump abt 2 inches over my adams apple... and it seems to have got bigger since the other day.. so any sugestions i should do?. any ideas what it is? if it was a lymph node wha is the treatment for it??
|

replied March 14th, 2011
it's cancer. Trust me.
|

replied November 8th, 2011
I am 17 and I've also had a similar round bump on the left side of my neck (it doesn't hurt unless I poke at it/rub it too much).. it has been there for at least 3 months (that's when I first noticed it). I kept touching it at first, which made it irritated/somewhat puffy, but the puffiness went down significantly after I put a sort of lotion on it that is used for sore muscles.. so I think it may be related to a muscle cramp, but if that is what it is, then it should have gone away by now.. D:
|