Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Blurry Vision

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
So i went to the dr and i have almost 20 20 vision so i dont really need glasses. But my eyes seem to stop wanting to foccus sometimes.. im only 19 so im not old. Ill be reading and after i get through a page or so my vision will go so blurry that i cant read.. The same thing happens when im on the computer, but the dr didnt really know what it was. Its really frustraging though because i love reading! I have astigmatism could that by why? Any help would be good thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 25th, 2007
You may need a slight astigmatic correction plus a slight magnification RX to relax your eyes while reading. I am an optometrist, so you can take my advice if you desire.

Also, makes sure the monitor is as far away as possible. Take 5 minute breaks every 45 minutes. Look off into the distance.

Dr. Peters
|
Did you find this post helpful?