Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Strange Stomach Sensations

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I am new to the forum and not sure that I am posting correctly but here goes. I have been having a problem for about five years now, I have mentioned it several times to my GI doctor and he just seems to kind of blow past it to other problems. I know that I have a sliding Hiatel hernia. I have this sensation that feels like .....you know when you take one of those long skinny balloons and twist it? then let go and it flips back really quick? That's it! It is kind of like a fluttering or twisting. It feels like when I was pregnant and the baby would roll over in my abdomen. It only last's for a few seconds but it takes my breath for a minute and kinda makes me groan like someone punched me in the stomach. Immediately afterward I am very nauseated. It doesnt really hurt per say, but is extremely uncomfortable. Over the last few years it is more and more frequent. The last six months it happens two or three times almost on a daily basis. I was wondering if it was my stomach sliding up into my chest and back because of the hernia? If anyone has an answer I would appreciate it. Also I dont know if it is connected, but, since that sensation got worse I have gotten where I get the hiccups and not just occasionally, just about every day. If you have any information I would appreciate it.
Thank you,
Katy Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 10th, 2007
Hi Katy,

Sounds like its your hernia to me, I've also ahd one that did the same as you describe. are they going to fix the hernia? It sounds to me as if it might need some attention.
|

replied December 10th, 2007
Stomach Sensations...
High Ohana, thank you for your reply. For a long time I couldnt figure out just what was going on inside me..lol...but had begun to suspect it was the hernia. I really dont know if they will do anything or not. I have Leukemia and it is kind of risky to operate on me unless it is absolutely needed. If it continues to get worse they may have to go ahead. I really dont know who to go to about it though, since my GI more or less ignored it. I guess a general surgeon. My Onc. said as long as my platlets are okay it would be okay. So I guess we shall see. Once again thank you for your reply, it has been driving me nutz for a while now trying to figure out what it was.
Katy
|