Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Light Pink/orange Period.. (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Alright i'm kinda new to this so... Here I go.

I was 2 days late for my period.. It finally came and it hurt kinda bad at first, worse than normal cramps. It's really light, which isn't normal for me.. Normally it starts out heavy and really bad. Plus, it's a pink/orange color.. I'm not so sure what's going on here. I haven't had unprotected sex, but i'm not on birth control. Any idea on what it could be? I can't get to a gynecologist for the next week or so.. So I can't really ask one quite yet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
If you have had sex in any form you could be pregnant, however bleeding and cramps are not normally a sign of pregnancy.

I wouldn't jump to the gyno because of a goofy period but that's just me. If that will settle your mind then go for it. The other thing you can do is abstain from sex right now and get a pregnancy test as long as it's been more than two weeks since the last act of sex.
|

Eiri wrote:
If you have had sex in any form you could be pregnant, however bleeding and cramps are not normally a sign of pregnancy.

I wouldn't jump to the gyno because of a goofy period but that's just me. If that will settle your mind then go for it. The other thing you can do is abstain from sex right now and get a pregnancy test as long as it's been more than two weeks since the last act of sex.

Well it's not really bleeding.. It's really light.. Only showed a little on the pad.. I've felt pregnant but I didn't really believe I was. I've been pregnant once before, but miscarried.. But i've felt a lot like I did then. I'm not so sure. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came up negative, but I could have possibly taken it early. I'll wait a day or two and see what happens. It seems like it's stopping already and it only started about 5 or 6 hours ago..
|

Especially eHealthy
Again, you need to wait two weeks from the last act of unprotected sex in order for the pregnancy test to be accurate.
|

Eiri wrote:
Again, you need to wait two weeks from the last act of unprotected sex in order for the pregnancy test to be accurate.

Alright thank you so much. Do you think it's possible for me to actually be pregnant? My periods tend to stay the same and be normal so this is quite out of the ordinary for me.
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Light Pink/orange Period..
ras2007 wrote:
Alright i'm kinda new to this so... Here I go.

I was 2 days late for my period.. It finally came and it hurt kinda bad at first, worse than normal cramps. It's really light, which isn't normal for me.. Normally it starts out heavy and really bad. Plus, it's a pink/orange color.. I'm not so sure what's going on here. I haven't had unprotected sex, but i'm not on birth control. Any idea on what it could be? I can't get to a gynecologist for the next week or so.. So I can't really ask one quite yet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

You haven't had unprotected sex. The first conclusion to jump to when you have unusual bleeding, should not be pregnancy. Especially not if a pregnancy test was negative Wink

I'll bet your period perks up.
|

If it doesn't change in the next few days or if it does completely stop.. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I used condoms but one did break.. Not completely but it didn't completely hold everything.. I know for a fact some got out.. But that's a very small chance to cause pregnancy.
|

Especially eHealthy
Wink That would have been good information to include instead of just saying you didn't have unprotected sex. Because... you kind of did, if the condom broke Wink
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I've had the same thing happen to me before in the past and it turned out to be nothing. I have no idea what caused it, and both times I suspected pregnancy could be possible. I'd bet that its just a wacky period, and that you'll begin bleeding again at the expected time next month. I wouldn't make an appointment for that, if anything just take a test to ease your mind in a few days.
|

Ah okay.. I'm making an appt anyways just so I can get on birth control but my main worry was pregnancy.

I'd forgotten about the condom breaking at first. When it happened I hadn't thought of it as a big deal because there wasn't much that escaped.. But we'll see in a few days how things change.
|

Especially eHealthy
Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2007
Experienced User
Keep us updated on how the appointment goes and if your doctor gives you any reason as to why your period was a little weird.
|

replied December 10th, 2007
Well this isn't much of an update but the period stopped overnight.. and started very lightly again this morning. It's acting like it's done again. Tomorrow i'm going to go get another pregnancy test and see if that's it.
|

replied May 19th, 2009
The same thing happened to me. I was late then when I got my period it was horribly painful and then turned orange and smelt awful (and I never have that problem). It lasted 9 days and for the last 5 or 6 days it would stop then start again.
I don't believe in "just wacky" periods. Something caused it to be irregular, whether it be something that is easily resolved with or without your knowledge. I'm still worried about my whole ordeal.
|

replied July 18th, 2009
The Orange Period Conspiracy!
Get tested for BV infection. Get tested for BV infection. We all get them at some point or another. The awful smell sounds like BV. Bacterial vaginosis.

If you drink energy drinks or take vitamins, these excess nutrients may cause more vibrant blood. I too have experienced the Neon Orange Blood symptoms. Any vitamins that are Flavins, ie Ribofavin, turn yellow. Flavin is the Latin Flavus, meaning to turn yellow. Energy drinks have high levels of Riboflavin, which even though you can't "OD" on Riboflavin, it has to show up somewhere. Like in urine, it becomes more yellow and in blood, well, Yellow plus Red = Orange. Since I began drinking energy drinks, my cycles have consistently been bright orange-red. I drink 1 about 3 times a week.

Unless there's a conspiracy, I believe the Mass Orange Menstrual Blood onset happened shortly after the introduction of Red Bull, AMP (My Fav), Monster, Full Throttle, Nos, etc. Women are beginning to have orange periods en masse. Probably from a huge quantity of Riboflavin in their bloodstreams from energy drinks.
|
Users who thank nourahm for this post: TAM6 

replied August 10th, 2009
I had the same thing happen to me. Was not on bith controll and the condom broke. Didn't think much of it until about 2 months ago. My period was really heavy and my cramps were insane. This month my period starts and stops, discharge is pinkish orange. Thought I was prego, took three tests and all came out neg. So, I went to DR. He said that the hormone that shows up on pregnancy tests can take awhile to build up in your system. Technically, it can take 3 or 4 months for one to be positive. My advice would be to track your flow, and discharge and take another test at the end of your symptoms. If you have the same symptoms next month, I would go see a Dr. I hope this helped Smile
|

replied August 29th, 2009
EVRA PATCH + CIPRO XL + ORANGE VAGINAL DISCHARGE
I am currently having the same discharge... orange pinkish..

It started out with me having an urinary infection, the doctor then prescribed me CIPRO XL and told me that the antibio shouldn't interfer with my evra patch (birth control patch (canada) )... meaning that it wouldn't mess things up and I could'nt get pregnant even if I had sex.

So, Wednesday I had sex, thursday I went to see the doctor, she gave me CIPRO and saturday I started to get a pinkish discharge (btw I was still on my evra patch and was only schedule to have my period in 1 week from saturday) so now it's day 8 of me still bleeding and it's now turned to bright orange... I am very scared and have no clue what could be going on. Please help.
|
Users who thank Playdoh for this post: TAM6 

replied November 14th, 2009
the same thing is going on with me, bad bad pains and a orange/pink very light period when they usually start out heavy and end light. some one has to have an answer to this
|

replied November 16th, 2009
Orange Period/Discharge
Has anyone gotten answers to this? I've had the orange/brown discharge at the onset of my period for about 3-4 months, but then normal period behavior follows. This month it's different, though. Absolutely zero blood, just spotting of the orange/brown. I'm 2 weeks late & the pregnancy test came back negative. I'm also experiencing what I think is massive hormonal fluctuations - lots of vertigo and fatigue, rapid & intense mood changes, very uncomfortable cramping & tightness, etc. Anyone know what this is about?
|

replied May 8th, 2011
wow! mine is the same. I'm on here because my period ended friday, today is sunday and had mucusy bright reddish orange clots, but it's a lot of blood. my period blood is normally dark red. I was really dizzy at work yesterday, vertigo. now my stomach is super tight and uncomfortable. so weird!
|

replied November 22nd, 2009
Orange/ Pink Spotting......
alright so it turns out Im not the only person having this issue. Just b/c a preg test comes out neg and u still have spotting doesn't mean ur NOT preg. Last year I took 2 home preg tests a urine test at my dr's and a blood test all for preg ALL CAME OUT NEG!!! I go for a interuterine (spelling) ultrasound and that showed I was 5 weeks and 3 days preg. sadly I lost that preg a week later due to it being caught too late and not getting the prenatal care I needed to get. Since then I was on yaz (april of last year) and Oct 9th of this year I had a 2 1/2 day period before the birth control pill my periods were 7 days when I got on the pill they went to 4-5 days. My dr says its normal to have 2 day periods then again she doesnt listen. I have had fatigue, mood swings like crazy, headaches, major bloating for a month alredy,food cravings, the whole shabang. Now today I noticed some Orange/pink spotting.I noticed when I went pee. So for the orange pink spotting I dont know what to tell u. Any ABNORMALITIES that are consistant u should go see a dr, just to make sure everything is ok. Best of luck!
|
12 >>