Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

weak bones and tight muscles won't relax

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
This past week my muscles in my entire body became tight, somewhat like after you work out with weights and get a "pumped" feeling. I wake up with tight, stiff fingers and calves, which makes sense since I use those muscles a lot. (Whatever gets used seems to get tighter afterwards.) The fingers and calves started mildly months ago, but now it has spread to the whole body and gotten worse. It's almost like the muscles can't get rid of a chemical that makes them relax.

I recently found out I had weak bones and very low blood Vitamin D. I started taking Calcium and D supplements around the time this got worse.

Does this sound like anything familiar? Virus? Autoimmune? Vitamin allergy? I cannot find anything anywhere that sounds like it, and it is very scary. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tracy516
|

replied April 5th, 2009
Did you ever find out what it was? I have something very similar.
|

replied July 12th, 2010
tight muscles and pain
The exact same thing happened to me. I was told that the muscle pain could get worse once I started taking the vitamin d and it's just suppose to be a sign that it is working. I'm starting to get a little nervous and anxious though because its been four months now but I was told it can take up to nine for the muscle tightness and pain to stop. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
|