Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

funny feeling in head, sinus infection - ideas?

Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
I'm a 17 year-old male, moderately healthy. I've been having what I describe as a "funny feeling" in my head since the beginning of november/end of october. It's not a painful headache, it just feels like the left side of my head (temple, close to ear) is clogged/stuffy. It's not painful, just annoying, and it seems to come and go at randomn times throughout the day. Then, in the end of November I started getting a really stuffy nose and I went to the doctor and am now just about done with my antibiotic for sinus infection-augmentin. Do you think that this head thing is sinus and was leading up to the nose thing? My left ear has been clogged as well, and I'm just wondering if it's all related. I've noticed that I seem to sometimes stare off and forget what I'm thinking about, but I think that it might have been just a normal thing that I always did and never noticed, but I just want some answers!!!!! I'm one of those people that panics at things that usually don't mean anything, but someone please give me an opinion!!! Do you think it's stress, I mean I've just finished my college applications and I haven't been getting much sleep lately, but this has been ongoing since the beginning of november, and now it's december 7th!!!! Any help/advice would be great, thanks!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
When we complain of a stuffy nose, it may mean that our sinuses are congested.
Sinusitis is when the lining of the sinuses becomes infected or inflamed. Sinusitis may follow different conditions like common cold, flu, other infections, allergies, violent sneezing or nose blowing, etc.

Have you been described decongestants, too?
Do you feel facial pain?
Do you have sensation of mucous or liquid buildup in the back of the throat?

Remember, that stuffy nose leads to stuffy ears.
|
Did you find this post helpful?