Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Bump On the Top of Head.

I've had a bump on the top of my head for a few months now. it hasnt hurt until recently. and it just feels like pressure. any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper darc5104
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you know if this bump has grown bigger over time?
Do you feel constant pressure?
Can you describe its size, shape, surface contours, consistency, colour?
|

replied April 20th, 2012
it started out with just one and now there are at least four and I can scrape them off but they come right back they feel like a scab
|

replied April 20th, 2012
it started out with just one and now there are at least four and I can scrape them off but they come right back they feel like a scab
|

replied April 20th, 2012
|

it hasnt grown over time. it hurts only when pressed on occasionally. no color i can see. its directly on the top of my head.. its not constant pressure.
|

it hasnt grown over time. it hurts only when pressed on occasionally. no color i can see. its directly on the top of my head.. its not constant pressure.
|

replied January 20th, 2010
Someone's advise please...?
Its really hard to feel, and you have to get it in the right spot. it hurts when i put pressure on it and its quite big but you can't see it you can feel it slighty. Im quite worried about this, my nan died or brain cancer and it does run through in are family, but hopefully its nothing to worry about! but i havn't done anything to cause this lump.
|

replied October 18th, 2011
I have the same thing I'm definitley gonna see a doctor this week to be sure. It's even tender when I move my hair in that area. Has anyone else ever had this?
|

replied January 14th, 2012
I have the same thing, been on my heap for at least 3 years that i can remember. I found it when running my fingers threw my hair one day. Its half the size of a marble. Then here recently my dad has had 2 come up. one on the top of his head an one on the side. Mine never hurt until this past month, but it only hurts when i rub it. I just rub it to see if its getting bigger. When i pull my hair back u can see the bump poofy up my hair in that spot
|

replied March 29th, 2012
cancer on the scalp
Anything like that should be seen by a skin doctor. It's better to be safe than sorry. Anything of concern should be looked at. I have a reddish bump on the top of my head and it turned out to be cancer, but he said not the kind to worry about and then he burned and scraped it three times. That was three months ago and it is starting to come back. If it's that aggressive, I'm starting to worry. No one in a forum can tell you what it is.
|

replied May 15th, 2012
Small, red bump on scalp
Hello, I have a similar bump on my head that's been there for years. I was concerned about it recently, and I did some research on the internet. I do plan to have it checked out by a doctor, but I am thinking the condition is most likely going to be known as a "cherry angioma (aka cherry hemangioma". I have pasted some links with additional information below. Hopefully, this will help ease your concerns until you can have it checked out...they are rarely cancerous, according to sources I reviewed! I am no doctor, but this information was comforting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_hemang ioma

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1082 935-overview
|

replied July 15th, 2012
Colorless movable lump in my scalp
I also have a small bump on my head it has been here for three years. When my office mate looked at it it is has the same color with my scalp but it is movable.
|

replied December 29th, 2012
i also have four bumps on my head they thay have appeared only 2 weeks ago, there is no itching or pain, and also they are reducung in size but i m really worried
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
shaivalinikashyap,

As long as they are getting smaller in size, you probably do not too much to worry about.

Lumps and bumps about the head are extremely common. There are many skin conditions which can cause lumps, such as sebaceous or dermoid cysts.

It is also common for benign extostosis to occur on the skull. They are basically bone spurs, which are sessile (for sort of mounds, rather than sharp spurs). But, since your lumps are getting smaller, they are not this condition.

Also, maligant tumors are actually quite rare. And, they do not get smaller in size.

Again, you probably do not have a lot to worry about. But, if you are really concerned about them, have your physician take a look at them.

Good luck.
|

replied December 5th, 2013
After reading your reply to others you seem to know a lot about bumps on the scalp. I noticed a year ago a bump on my scalp that was small slightly pink and a translucent over time it has grown in size and I have now noticed two more that also have been getting bigger. They don't hurt or itch until I push on it but nothing painful. Any ideas what they could be? Someone gave me "amazon black salve" that is commonly used for cancer bumps and moles. After putting g it on a few times they doubled in size in one day so I discontinued using it. They also appear to be thinning my hair around them. I'm getting very worried.
|

replied June 26th, 2014
I have a bump its a size of a egg on the top left side of my head it dont hurt
|
Quick Reply