Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Urine on the test window of pregnancy test affect result?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
if you...accidently...well when u urinate on the stick but it also ends up getting on the result window....does that mess up the result?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Not at all. I've done it all the time, even tho you'd think that with a seventh pregnancy I'd have it down by now! The window is sealed, so as long as you get enough on the absorbent end, your good to go.
|

replied December 10th, 2007
thanks!! seventh? wow. hope all were very healthy!!
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2007
Community Volunteer
I miscarried my first one, then I have 5 healthy children, and then the last one is due in a month.....

Thanks Smile
|

replied December 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I would do another test. You are supposed to pee on the tip and ONLY the tip. Try another please.
|

replied December 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Pee in a cup (disposable is obviously better for hygienic reasons) and dunk the stick in. No mess! No worries about whether it is done 'right' or not. Smile
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Oh, I think I forgot to mention: with the 7 pregnancies that makes at least 15 tests that I have taken, plus additional ones where I thought I was when I wasn't....so way too many to count over my past 9 years of child-bearing.

Even if I splashed on the window, the test has always worked. And I have never had an inaccurate result. So don't worry about yours Smile
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2007
Supporter
the test should have a prrotective covering for those mistakes , trust me i am a test queen
|

replied January 26th, 2013
If the test comes up negative, but the test window was splashed, is it possible that can be wrong?
|

replied January 28th, 2013
Community Volunteer
No, the test works with urine. Urine does not harm it.
|