Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Skull Cracks On Top of Head, History of Arthritis - help?

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
Alright, I have no idea what this could be or if it's serious but sometimes on the back of the head and on the upper part my skull feels like it cracks and it actually makes me grimace not for the sound but the weird feeling that goes along with it plus I do have a history of arthritis can anyone lend me a helping hand on this matter it doesn't affect me in any other way other than annoyance eeep help pweese?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have neck tenderness and decreased range-of-motion?
Do you feel mild or severe neck pain?
Have you noticed weakness, numbness in your arms?
|

replied December 10th, 2007
Yes I'm known to get harsh pain in my neck and shoulders (with my shoulders even popping which is sort of painful) and my arms sometimes do get numb and hard to move
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have bowel or bladder dysfunction?
For how long you are suffering from arthritis?
|

replied January 7th, 2008
Re: Skull Cracks On Top of Head, History of Arthritis - Help?
mooseriot wrote:
Alright, I have no idea what this could be or if it's serious but sometimes on the back of the head and on the upper part my skull feels like it cracks and it actually makes me grimace not for the sound but the weird feeling that goes along with it plus I do have a history of arthritis can anyone lend me a helping hand on this matter it doesn't affect me in any other way other than annoyance eeep help pweese?

I actually have the same problems but it is all over my skull, down my neck/shoulders and body to my waist. I got diagnosed with MS in 2002, it started with my legs, torso and moved up to my neck and skull about 1 year ago. Stiffening of the muscles/joints. This along with eye blurryness, floaters, occasional hearing issues, bowel incontrollability, numbness, occasional inability to control a leg (i.e. dragging) and RLS.
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, jordand!
What was your first diagnose MS or arthritis?

There are some clinical cases about patients that have both, rheumatoid arthritis and MS (in some patients Arthritis occurred years after onset of MS, and vice versa in other patients)
|

replied January 9th, 2013
skull & bone issues
i have very similar symptoms and am anxcious as i live alone & only 50 ! i have had severe headaches tension in the neck area and shoulders tighten like knots along with pains in joints & legs i recently found what i can only describe as an indentation in my head feels like its cracked open ? its a very odd feeling and i have been bruising without even getting a knock for a long time but GP's dont seem concerned so ive pushed a neurologist & am due to have a ct scan & lumbar puncture next week please email me if you have any goood suggestions thanks billy Aged 50
|

replied July 2nd, 2013
I also have a large indentation on the top right of my head its got bigger over the last year it's spread down past my hairline to the bridge of my nose. It feels as if my skull is sinking inwards rather than splitting. I get prickly feeling along it also severe headaches dizziness and fainting spells unsure if linked but unsure if I should bother a doctor incase it's nothing. Does anyone have anything like this ?
|