Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Diarrhea & Nausea...why Is the End of Preg. So Yucky?

Must Read
Basic facts on diarrhea here, including the difference between acute and chronic diarrhea. Learn to identify each....
What causes diarrhea? We outline the most common causes of diarrhea (viruses, bacteria, and medications) and let you know when to seek medical help....
Learn how to prepare yourself when seeing a doctor for diarrhea. Know which medical exams and tests to expect, and also which questions to ask. Start here....
User Profile
I'm 39 weeks pregnant. I have been having diarrhea & loose BMs and nausea off and on for several weeks now. Lately, it has gotten even worse. Yesterday, I threw up again from the nausea and this diarrhea has been constant since yesterday...must have been 4 times yesterday and already twice today...yuck! I wish labor would start already. The diarrhea makes me afraid to leave the house. Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper young Girl
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2007
Community Volunteer
At the end of pregnancy your hormone levels are starting to shift. Some of them do effect the looseness of bowel movements. It's the same ones that can make you occasionally constipated earlier on. This doesn't mean that you don't have a shakey case of the flu.

Right now you should be concerned with dehydration. Diarrhea is very wearing, but to have vomiting on top of that is a cause for concern. Drink plenty of water, or electrolyte enhanced water to keep yourself hydrated. You should also mention your symptoms to your doctor if they are really bad, since she might want to prescribe a medication to slow your bowel movements down.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I've been having a lot of lose stools, and diahrea too. And for some reason the last couple days it's been HORRIBLE pain when i pee. Not like infection wise, but just pressure wise. It's bad. I know i'm a couple weeks behind you, but i feel my end is near. It'll be over soon for you. But i feel your pain! Crying or Very sad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry that you're having such a rough time! I hope the end is near for you!
|

Especially eHealthy
im sorry hun
i threw up wjile i was in labor lol
didnt hardly get morning sickness til the very end go figure!
|

replied December 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It's natures way of cleaning you out before you go into labor. It won't be long now. Hope you feel better soon.
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Diarrhea & Nausea...why Is the End of Preg. So Yucky?
cln1812 wrote:
I'm 39 weeks pregnant. I have been having diarrhea & loose BMs and nausea off and on for several weeks now. Lately, it has gotten even worse. Yesterday, I threw up again from the nausea and this diarrhea has been constant since yesterday...must have been 4 times yesterday and already twice today...yuck! I wish labor would start already. The diarrhea makes me afraid to leave the house. Confused

I'm only 3 weeks behind you and I have been having nausea, loose bowels and a lil bit of diarreah. I hope I have my daughter soon! Smile I feel you, hope all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy! ^-^
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2007
Supporter
Yuck! Just when you think it's almost over, this happens.

Poor you!
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i havent experienced any nausea or diarrea yet!! I guess only time will tell!
|

replied December 5th, 2009
diarhea during end of pregnancy
oh well i am 37 weeks and did have a cold 4 days ago now,feel better now except only yet still diarhea,every 20 min to a hour im in toilet cant go anywhere.....and just comes out to easy eeewwwwyyyy,is it normal? its a off colour too!!!
|

replied January 2nd, 2010
Hello all, I am 39+5 weeks, due date is 04 Jan. Woke up with glassy feeling in my throat like a cold, now having loose bowel movements, accompanied with mild cramping... I am going to order an Indian takeaway tonight to see if this speeds things along. Been having braxtons on and off as well. Baby is 2/5 engaged (3/5 palpable), bp normal and no protein in urine...so am fit to go! First baby so can anyone let me know if these symptoms are consistent with early labour? I have a home birth planned and do not want to have to be induced. Baby is lying left anterior occiput so is in perfect position.....any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone. xxx
|

replied March 27th, 2010
i only have 3 days left in my pregnacy and have had really bad diarhea for the past five days can any one tell me if i could go into labour soon please its my first baby so i am new to all of this lol thanks x
|

replied May 20th, 2010
hi iam 33 weeks pregnant and have been haveing diarhea for the last past 3 days and feeling realy sick and light headed all the time can anyone help please thanks kerry
|