Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Lump On My Anus (Page 1)

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hi one and all, this is my first post. I'm a 22 year old male. About 3 or 4 months ago, some blood appeared on the toilet tissue when I went to the toilet; about twice in the space of 2 weeks. Also, my rectum would itch relatively often, and I found a lump that seemed to come out of anus whenever I sat on the toilet, but then kinda went back when I was done. My girlfriend told me it was most likely a hemorroid, so I didn't worry about it. In that time (4 months ish), I haven't had any more blood, and I only get pain very occasionally, but the lump is still there so to speak. I managed to take a look at it, and it's worried me a bit because it doesn't look like a hemorroid as such; it's a pinkish lump that seems to be just inside my anus and kinda pops out when I push, so I've started to worry it could be something more serious like anal cancer. My bowel movements rarely hurt and I haven't itched as such in weeks, although I do sometimes find it difficult to pass wind which leads to a feeling of pressure in my anus. Any help would be mostly appreciated. Thanks.

1 quick edit, for about the past 3 years, I've had 2 small lumps at the bottom of my tailbone on either side of it that don't cause any pain. When they first appeared, they bled and drained a fair bit, but now they don't cause any pain, so I assumed a couple of years back that they were pilonidal cysts. Now I'm worried they could somehow be connected to the lump in/on my anus Sad some help would be most welcome to ease the worry!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Macca11
|

replied December 9th, 2007
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I be worried about this? The lump is kinda soft and squiggy and a kinda light red/dark pink colour.
|

replied August 18th, 2011
PILE AKA haemorrhoid
Hi, I am 25 year old male and yes I DID GO TO VISIT MY DOCTOR. I had the same thing as most of you are saying here! Doc said its haemorrhoid aka pile! IT is nothing serious so do not worry about it at all!!! I was given a cream/gel that you had to coat that lump with and little soft pills that you will need to insert in your bum twice a day, look I am as straight as it comes and inserting things in my bum was horrible, but hey ho it needed done. 2 days past now and after using all that docs stuff it is 85% gone. All the best yall!!!
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't think you should worry about the lump and there is no chances to be connected with pilonidal cyst.
Are you usually straining to move stool?
Do you have chronic constipation or diarrhea?
Do you find the lump irritated and painful?
Do you have mucus drainage?
|

Straining.......for a while a few months ago yes, but this passed after time and I've been fine recently, although sometimes I kinda have to almost strain to pass wind. It's almost as though I can feel the wind wanting to come out and I've gotta give it an extra push (sorry for the graphic detail lol).

Diarrhea....um not very often no. Obviously sometimes after I've been drinking or eating something horrificly bad for you, but certainly not frequently.

The lumps are not irritated and not particularly painful, although on rare occasions I'll get a jolt of pain that feels like someone put a bolt of lighting up there haha. But this happens very rarely, probably only twice in the last few months that I can remember. I'd say that more common is a general feeling of discomfort, almost as though I can feel that it's there, but it rarely causes me pain whereby I have to do something about it.

Mucus.....literally once, and this occurred the first time I noticed a little bit of blood on the toilet paper. I've noticed blood I think twice in the last few 3/4 months, but only once mucus.

The doctor has prescribed me some stuff for hemmorhoids, so we'll see how it goes with this I guess. I'm not quite as worried about anal cancer now after reading up on just how rare it would be for a straight guy in my age bracket to get it.
|

Experienced User
Sounds like an anal tag to me. This is quite common. It can occur with an anal fissure (a tiny cut in the anus) or after it has healed. A tag of skin starts to grow where the cut is or was. If the cut doesnt heal then the tag can sometimes grow bigger. It can be painful at times but isn't a big deal. They are difficult to get rid of unless cut out. You can try salt water soaks.
|

replied January 8th, 2009
lump in my anus
well i'm 15 and i just discover that i have a small lump in my anus when i squeeze it its like a hard ball , can anyone tell me what it is
|

replied March 31st, 2009
I had the same thing happen to me... i went to a Dr who confirmed it was anal warts caused by HPV. They were tiny little warts tho... itchy at first. I'll have to admit, they were fun to scratch LOL.
I have the same as delabrum, I pray to God its not cancer... I hope its only a skin tag which developed due to the wart.
|

replied May 18th, 2009
is it the same problem as yours, Delabrum?
hey delabrum, i think i am having the same problem with you. i feel something coming out from my anus ring. but i do not know what it is.

could you help me?
|

replied June 12th, 2009
anal lumps, tags?
i am a 19, almost 20-year old wht male, and DELABRUM you described almost EXACTLY what my problem has been!!

There is one big difference though, I am gay and actively participate in anal sex. I have talked to my doctor about these lumps, he seemed to think they were a result of either anal fissures or irritated hair follicles.

I am very worried that it may be something much more serious about it, but its extremely embarrassing to talk about to a doctor. As DELABRUM described, they look like small, dark red lumps protruding from the anal ring, some are inside, some out.

This is the part that is even more embarrassing... while showering, I decided to see if these lumps were similar to pimples, and see if they 'pop'. so i squeezed a few of them and they did indeed pop, and i pulled off a very small glob of white colored puss, similar to that of what comes out of a pimple, only less liquidy, and more of a solid from the lumps...

these 'tags' that have been mentioned seem to make the most sense, anal fissures that did not fully heal had flaps of skin cover them for protection, and may have locked in bacteria causing a small infection, like that of a pimple? and due to the thickness of skin 'down there', the pimples never popped, thus causing discomfort, as whatever was causing the infection was never removed from the body...

im not in the medical field at all, but thats my best guess, and im really hoping that's what it is...

anyone else have other ideas, suggestions or solutions to what i have goin on down there? thanks!
|

replied December 26th, 2011
hi.. we're alike.. please help me.. I'm from the Philippines and this thing makes me worry so much that I lose my focus in studying.. please.. thank you so much.. thank you and happy Christmas and happy new year..
|

replied June 28th, 2009
red bump outside anus
i think it makes sense. i'm also gay and i'm mostly the pitcher just for reference. I also have a small red bump that hurts everything i use the bathroom and clean my self. it itches but i try not to scratch so that it doesn't swell more. I think this would be a skin tag cause i usually shave my anus area and i cut myself sometimes by mistake. This is what i did 2 weeks ago and suddenly I develop this lump. It happened to me a year ago and the bump was small but not too close to the anus so i didn't worry. A few months later i decide to pop it and dry puss comes out. Later on it disappears and no scarring. so I think it's a skin tag or maybe mild hemmorhage.
|

replied July 26th, 2009
Lump On My Anus
i noticed i had a lump around my anus but didn't think much of it but i recently had anal sex for the first time today and i noticed a bit of blood when i was cleaning up so i had a look and there were more lumps coming out from my anus i found were the blood was coming from a little cut on 1 of the lumps so that was sort of relief i didn't want it to be internal...Sad but i had no idea i would have these lumps protruding from my anus ring, is the anything i can do to get rid of them i mean i can kinda push them in but when i go to the toilet they come out and it hurts a bit
|

replied July 26th, 2009
Piles.. I Have It Too.. Got My hospital appointment in sept!!
|

replied August 16th, 2009
Lump
I have something similar. after having anal sex with my bf for the 3rd or 4th time i went to the rr and noticed i was bleeding, it really hurt but I didn't really think anything of it, a month or two later i noticed i had a lump (just one though) sticking out of my butt when i was using the rest room. It's so embarassing, but i know i need to go to the doctor.
|

replied October 9th, 2009
Single Lump on my anus.
Hi, I'm 26 and have the same lump as described by all of you, I just have the same lump, which can also be pushed back in however will protrude again with general movement, its only the one lump, its not sore, an very rarely itchy, it seems to have decreesed in size over the last two weeks, I am gay and have ony had the one parter for the past 4 years, I know for a fack that he is not promiscuouse and nor am I, he is a bit rough sometimes after which was the first time I noticed the one lump which seems to protrude from my anus. Any idea how I get rid of it, its not uncomfortable I just dont like it thier its NOT natural....
|

replied November 13th, 2011
Have you got rid of it? cause i have the same thing and would like advice on how to get rid of it
|

replied December 6th, 2009
anal bump
it is an abscesse it appears if their is bacteria in the cut or ungrown hair. go to the docters to get it surgicaly remove
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied March 31st, 2010
Please explain this to me
Hi, I have a small lump on my anus, outside the hole. I don't know where it came from. I never had anal sex and i always clean my self. it is may be 3mm in diameter and light greenish/purple color. Can anyone tell me what the hell i is. I don't feel it, but when i touch it it feels unpleasant.
|

replied May 14th, 2010
help
I have the same problem.
for the past few weeks been noticing this lump on my anus, didnt take much notice but its starting to bug me a wee bit. it doesnt hurt and isnt itchy, its a very red.
trying to figure out what is it, and wondering if is it something worth going and seen a doctor about which gota admit seems like its gona b embrassing!
help
|

replied May 14th, 2010
help
I have the same problem.
for the past few weeks been noticing this lump on my anus, didnt take much notice but its starting to bug me a wee bit. it doesnt hurt and isnt itchy, its a very red.
trying to figure out what is it, and wondering if is it something worth going and seen a doctor about which gota admit seems like its gona b embrassing!
help
|

replied June 13th, 2010
HELP
Howdy.
I'm 15, right. And I'm not a homosexual.

Like, 3-4 days ago, this little lump appeared right outside my butt hole.
It's skin colour, and it doesn't hurt unless I'm uhh. Doin' the number 2.
Which is kinda difficult now for some reason.. It's as if the hole itself doesn't open up as wide as it usually does.

I have no idea why this has happened. I eat healthy, I'm on the state volleyball team, so I'm not over-weight, and I'm not particularly stressed at all.
I'm just confused and I want it to go away.

ALSO, it happened once before, but after a week or so it disappeared. So, what the sh*t is it?

And I'm not going to the doctor.. So any natural ways to rid of it would be greatly appreciated.
|

replied December 26th, 2011
Hi I have the same exact thing as you Macca11. Please someone help me. I am in the same situation as you. I'm fifteen and I'm phsically active. I am NOT gay and I am NOT sexually active... Never gone past making out. Please help me I'm scared to death.
|
12 >>