Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Embarassing smell from anus. (Page 1)

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
For the past 5 years I've dealt with an odor coming from my anal area. It smells like poop or a fart. There is nothing that I can do to control it either. I've had this problem all throughout high school and into college. And I know for a fact by the whispers around me that this problem isn't some hallucination.

I notice it the most when I'm indoors especially if it is room temperature or warmer. I also have a sweating problem in my anus. Sometimes it even sweats when the rest of my body is freezing. It doesn't take long for the sweat and odors to kick in once I start exercising. In fact, I stopped exercising completely because I'm afraid people will smell it when I'm in the gym.

I've tried all the little common remedies: creams, powders, changing my diet, etc....And none of it has helped at all. I don't have any pains, itchiness, bleeding, or any other symptoms.

I also have a problem wiping myself after a bowel movement. It's hard to explain but, after wiping the normal areas of my butt, I have to stick the toilet paper on the tip of my finger and force it as far into my buttox as I can reach. And I repeat this process several times until it is clean. This often wastes a lot of toilet paper and can be very time consuming. I suspect this is related to the odors coming from my anus. Maybe I can't reach far enough up my buttox to wipe all the leftover residue. (Just a theory)

I'm not sure if anyone else has had these problems or what. But, it definitely puts a damper on life.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper loctrex
|

replied December 10th, 2007
Have you chatted to your doc about the symptoms? it may be IBS related, not that I am an expert or even a sensitvity ot food etc.
|

replied July 13th, 2011
I think this is the problem I'm having, but I can't smell it, and no one will confirm my suspicions, which is the worst part.. How am I suppose to fix it if no one will be straight with me? No problems snickering behind my back, though.
|

replied April 21st, 2012
ah, the thing is when the bad smell comes, most people feel there's a noserunning like liquid coming from the butt. I'm not saying you have the smell problem whenever your butt's sweat. Actually anyone who has it, they smell it. so I don't think you do have that problem. if you are unsure about this, wipe your butt and try to smell it. A rotten fish smell and other smells: a rotten fish one is the bad one. wish you don't share the same problem with us.
|
Users who thank depresser for this post: dusert1n 

replied November 24th, 2012
Some people may smell it as other don't. I feel as tho my close friends and family don't smell it. However, my other friends do and they start complaining.
|

replied November 24th, 2012
Same with me. But it seems as tho some people are able to smell it as others are not. My close family and friends are not able to smell it as other are. Yesterday, somebody was complaining and my brother said he couldnt smell nothing.
|

replied October 4th, 2011
Iit is not IBS. I know this because i have the same thing u described. I live in jamaica and the one drug that can help is named Devrom. It is a internal deodoriser that is not here where i live. PSN ID XIERXU
|

replied July 30th, 2012
hey i have the same problem as well. it started during the spring when i began to notice sweat accumulating in between my butt cheeks. as spring progressed it became worse and worse due to the increase in temperature. however, i also experienced a large amount of constipation for months. as a result i got a hemorrhoid. thats when i think that the fecal smell truly began. i got surgery to take care of the hemorrhoid. but the smell continued as well as the sweat. what i noticed though is that my butt hole was wetter than it used to be. i talked to the doctor and he said that the moistness of your butt area made it easy for fungus to grow and that might be causing the smell. i took some ketoconazole cream (Nizoral) cream an rubbed it on my butt and i have noticed a decrease in smell within 5 days. i will continue to use this for a while in hopes to completely eliminate the smell. i think that we do not notice the change in moisture because of our sweating (this is a condition known as hyperhidrosis). i hope that this can help everyone who is experiencing this socially crippling problem. if you have any questions on this just shoot me a reply on this website and if you too have success make sure to spread the word to all the forums that share this topic. if this is the answer to our smelly problems, then everyone who has this needs to know how to fix it. thanks and good luck to the rest of you. in addition my symptoms are constipation, sweating and smell. o believe that these are seperate problems that occured in the same time period so they might not be entirely related. hope this helps.
|

replied January 9th, 2014
Hey I got the same problem did the Ketoconazole cream Nizoral work.
|

replied July 30th, 2012
hey i have the same problem as well. it started during the spring when i began to notice sweat accumulating in between my butt cheeks. as spring progressed it became worse and worse due to the increase in temperature. however, i also experienced a large amount of constipation for months. as a result i got a hemorrhoid. thats when i think that the fecal smell truly began. i got surgery to take care of the hemorrhoid. but the smell continued as well as the sweat. what i noticed though is that my butt hole was wetter than it used to be. i talked to the doctor and he said that the moistness of your butt area made it easy for fungus to grow and that might be causing the smell. i took some ketoconazole cream (Nizoral) cream an rubbed it on my butt and i have noticed a decrease in smell within 5 days. i will continue to use this for a while in hopes to completely eliminate the smell. i think that we do not notice the change in moisture because of our sweating (this is a condition known as hyperhidrosis). i hope that this can help everyone who is experiencing this socially crippling problem. if you have any questions on this just shoot me a reply on this website and if you too have success make sure to spread the word to all the forums that share this topic. if this is the answer to our smelly problems, then everyone who has this needs to know how to fix it. thanks and good luck to the rest of you. in addition my symptoms are constipation, sweating and smell. o believe that these are seperate problems that occured in the same time period so they might not be entirely related. hope this helps.
|

replied April 28th, 2008
wash the anus with soap and water after unrinating. just wiping never cleans.
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2008
Community Volunteer
You can dry using a pre-moistened flushable wipe. Make sure you don't get constipated by keeping lots of water and fiber in your diet....it sounds like you don't get enough fiber.
|

replied November 14th, 2009
You are not alone mate, The Things you are said is exactly i am going through as well , The only problem is i can't smell it . but other people make fun of me and passing comments , its really bad i can't go in close space like shops and so because the smell is with me all the time, I am trying to be clean as much as i can but i can't do any thing about this smell . i think you got the same problem as i got , The Anus feel like a little bit big because the tissue goes in there i am just a tip and it always come out dirty. I been to doctor and my doc says there is nothing. but i think i can't convence him that there is a problem because he doesnt know about the problem probably .
Any way . it seems like i have to live with this smell now rest of my life. i am keep trying to get rid of it . but nothing works till now . . lets hope for a good . Please share if you find any good solution of this problem .
|
Users who thank english_dany for this post: aviind21 

replied April 21st, 2012
how about going to your doctor when you have that bad smell? I don't wanna live like that for the rest of my life; or anyone else. I wanna say sorry, but I can't because I have that problem too man.
|

replied June 4th, 2012
This is from a guys blog that ii was reading up on. i too suffer from fecal smells as well as lower body (Butt and groin) sweating. This dude has pretty much the same symptoms as a lot of us so i wanted to put this up because he said he found a way to get rid of his problem

"...............So last tuesday i had a bit of a lightbulb moment. I have suffered from FBO and BO thts has been compared to "stale" among other things for about dead on 2 years. I also have suffered from problems sitting down, uncomfortableness in small places and excessive anal sweating among other things. For me the anal sweating was what i think was causing the smell, for some reason i could sweat in my anus when the rest of my body was frezing, it was wierd.

I had tried multiple things to no avail, things i had were activated charcoal, chlorella, goldenseal, Liver Flushes , Colon Cleanses , probiotics etc. None of this stuff worked at all for me, its because i was looking at it the wrong way and trying to treat something that was fine mainly my stomach(which i though was causing this stuff to come from the anal area.

So as i said last tuesday i had a lightbulb moment, i was sitting on my bed and was feeling really uncomfortable when i thought to myself suddenly this isn't right. I shouldn't have any pain or uncomfortableness just sitting down, your bum is primarily for sitting down.

So i went down stairs, checked my anus in the mirror and it was bright red, like danger red, i had checked it previously about a year ago but it didn't click when i seen the colour of it. So when i checked it last tuesday i remembered back to seeing it years ago and it was like a mixture between purple and pink which is obviously normal.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks that i must have some sort of infection thats causing all these things. I put in things in google and came to the conclusion that i must have a bad anal yeast infection with a coinciding bacteria infection that is causing both the pain and the smell.

So i have a cream that i got from the doctor last month for eczema on the back which is called NIZORAL CREAM, i remembered that it was also good for treating yeast/fungel infections from when i was reading the leaflet that comes with it.

So i have been using that twice a day since, i have also been using Citricidal grape seed extract for the bacterial infection. Its a non toxic thing thats as good as antibiotics when applying topically at killing bacteria without side effects. Read up on the stuff its great. So i put 10 drops in 4 ounces of water and apply it to the area 4 times a day(read up on the internet about tht) along with applying the nizoral cream twice a day aswell( I also drink the grapseed extract 3 times a day because it kills bad bacteria, yeast, fungus and other stuff in your stomach and leaves the good)

Within a day i started noticing a differnce, within two the pain was completely away and within 3 my anus was beginning to go back to its normal colour. The smell has also disapeared, so has the anal sweating which i was getting so accustomed to. I actually went out on saturday and had a drink with my brother and friends for the first time in a while and there was no reactions, no sweating after i started drinking etc.

I was working today and its the most normal ive felt in 2 years, we were hedge cutting and working in a close proximity to each other and because of the warm day both sweating but there was no reactions, i felt normal and the day went great.

So its been 5 days since i first tried it(started on tues, its now sun) and ive decided im gonna keep it up for another 5 days to make sure the infection is gone.

Hopefully if i can help someone else then it will be all worthwhile and it gives you a different perspective from the usual one of my diet and stomach is to blame for all my anal problems.

Anyways i would seriously consider speaking to your doctor about this if you have the sweaty anus thing when the rest of your body seems to be fine, any problems sitting down or uncomfortable feeling sitting down, also the red anus.

I must admit i feel great right now, i cant believe my doctor missed this( he is an idiot though who tried to give me pills that stop you sweating and make you feel horrible and obviously didnt help, it feels crazy that i've lost 2 years of my life for something that could have been prevented.

Obviously this aint gonna help everyone, some people are genuinely suffering from leaky gut etc and its coming from the pours but im willing to bet there are a lot of people with my symptoms and trying the stuff for leaky gut etc isn't gonna work.

Oh and sorry for the length of the article i went off on one, but its just because i genuinely feel like im back to normal and its a great feeling."

I was hoping you all would immediately try this solution to see if it truly does work. Please share your results with this medicine as soon as possible because we all need to catch a brake.
thanks
|
Users who thank karlwojo1 for this post: dusert1n 

replied October 5th, 2012
Sounds like fecal leakage. Try going to an colon and rectal doctor. I have the same problem. My doctor recomended metsmucil which helped with the gas- I no longer see fecal matter when I wipe. But there is still this putrid smell when my butt sweats. Ive had to drop my classes and my coworkers think Im some sort of troll or something. Lol. It hurts but I know it's not a matter of cleanliness. We have to br firm and steady. Go to the colon doctor and speak to him or her clearly about your problem. Follow their instructions to the tee. If it doesn't work, then inform him on your next visit snd follow his next instructions. Continue working with your doctor until a solution is found. Then share your story with others who arr going through this embarrasing condition. It's tim for us to stop being ashamed of something that effects so many people.
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
Hi folks i read your problems and also can help you guys to some extents...a few things i can suggest you which you can find a little difficult to follow but i can assure you that i will definelely gonna help you and bring your confidence back...1 Start eating vegetarian food like vegetable sandwich ,veggie soup, and fruits milk, etc. Be a pure vegetarian ...dont go even for egg. Avoid white bread ..go for Wheat bread, never go for canned food eat fresh...
2.Always use water not tissue paper to clean yourself every time.
3.Start doing Yoga
4.be positive to life..
Hope this will help!!
Thanks
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Hey English Danny, how goes it?
Hey English Danny,
My username's Surfer27. How's it going? I just read your post about fecal body odors and I can totally say, I can relate to you!!! I have been suffering with these rectum odor smells for about 4 yrs now and like you, I have tried everything. I thought, I'd share this with you, as an acquaintance mentioned this to me. This lady, had said that she too had suffered from these rectum odors that, no matter what she did, it wouldn't go away. She suggested to me, that I try this chinese herbal remedy, called: Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan, which is suppose to help the body, in it's cleansing/detoxifying abilities. She also mentioned, how it had helped lessen her sewerage odor quite abit and she found it easier, to work in public around people, because the odor wasn't so unbearable! Another thing, you may want to look into trying, is something called: Bentonite Clay. I read an earlier post of a man, who had been suffering with fecal body odors for 10yrs and he did mention that, after taking 3oz of this bentonite clay and putting it, in some bath water for 30 minutes, that after that, he noticed quite a change in the degree of his fecal body odor. I hope that this helps you, as I feel your pain and I know, what it's like, to have to suffer with this. If you want to write me at anytime, feel free to do so. Alright, take care and goodluck!!
|

replied June 4th, 2012
This is from a guys blog that ii was reading up on. i too suffer from fecal smells as well as lower body (Butt and groin) sweating. This dude has pretty much the same symptoms as a lot of us so i wanted to put this up because he said he found a way to get rid of his problem

"...............So last tuesday i had a bit of a lightbulb moment. I have suffered from FBO and BO thts has been compared to "stale" among other things for about dead on 2 years. I also have suffered from problems sitting down, uncomfortableness in small places and excessive anal sweating among other things. For me the anal sweating was what i think was causing the smell, for some reason i could sweat in my anus when the rest of my body was frezing, it was wierd.

I had tried multiple things to no avail, things i had were activated charcoal, chlorella, goldenseal, Liver Flushes , Colon Cleanses , probiotics etc. None of this stuff worked at all for me, its because i was looking at it the wrong way and trying to treat something that was fine mainly my stomach(which i though was causing this stuff to come from the anal area.

So as i said last tuesday i had a lightbulb moment, i was sitting on my bed and was feeling really uncomfortable when i thought to myself suddenly this isn't right. I shouldn't have any pain or uncomfortableness just sitting down, your bum is primarily for sitting down.

So i went down stairs, checked my anus in the mirror and it was bright red, like danger red, i had checked it previously about a year ago but it didn't click when i seen the colour of it. So when i checked it last tuesday i remembered back to seeing it years ago and it was like a mixture between purple and pink which is obviously normal.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks that i must have some sort of infection thats causing all these things. I put in things in google and came to the conclusion that i must have a bad anal yeast infection with a coinciding bacteria infection that is causing both the pain and the smell.

So i have a cream that i got from the doctor last month for eczema on the back which is called NIZORAL CREAM, i remembered that it was also good for treating yeast/fungel infections from when i was reading the leaflet that comes with it.

So i have been using that twice a day since, i have also been using Citricidal grape seed extract for the bacterial infection. Its a non toxic thing thats as good as antibiotics when applying topically at killing bacteria without side effects. Read up on the stuff its great. So i put 10 drops in 4 ounces of water and apply it to the area 4 times a day(read up on the internet about tht) along with applying the nizoral cream twice a day aswell( I also drink the grapseed extract 3 times a day because it kills bad bacteria, yeast, fungus and other stuff in your stomach and leaves the good)

Within a day i started noticing a differnce, within two the pain was completely away and within 3 my anus was beginning to go back to its normal colour. The smell has also disapeared, so has the anal sweating which i was getting so accustomed to. I actually went out on saturday and had a drink with my brother and friends for the first time in a while and there was no reactions, no sweating after i started drinking etc.

I was working today and its the most normal ive felt in 2 years, we were hedge cutting and working in a close proximity to each other and because of the warm day both sweating but there was no reactions, i felt normal and the day went great.

So its been 5 days since i first tried it(started on tues, its now sun) and ive decided im gonna keep it up for another 5 days to make sure the infection is gone.

Hopefully if i can help someone else then it will be all worthwhile and it gives you a different perspective from the usual one of my diet and stomach is to blame for all my anal problems.

Anyways i would seriously consider speaking to your doctor about this if you have the sweaty anus thing when the rest of your body seems to be fine, any problems sitting down or uncomfortable feeling sitting down, also the red anus.

I must admit i feel great right now, i cant believe my doctor missed this( he is an idiot though who tried to give me pills that stop you sweating and make you feel horrible and obviously didnt help, it feels crazy that i've lost 2 years of my life for something that could have been prevented.

Obviously this aint gonna help everyone, some people are genuinely suffering from leaky gut etc and its coming from the pours but im willing to bet there are a lot of people with my symptoms and trying the stuff for leaky gut etc isn't gonna work.

Oh and sorry for the length of the article i went off on one, but its just because i genuinely feel like im back to normal and its a great feeling."

I was hoping you all would immediately try this solution to see if it truly does work. Please share your results with this medicine as soon as possible because we all need to catch a brake.
thanks
|

replied May 10th, 2010
Hey Loctrex,
Surfer27 here. I have read your reply and I can totally relate to you in everyway you mentioned. I myself, have what you have and it, has been going on for 4 yrs now. I like you, have tried numerous remedies only to find out, that they didn't work at all!! I do have a couple of suggestions for you though. First, have you had a colonscopy done before, to rule out any abnormalities within your body? Second, have you had any tests done, to determine what's wrong with your body, ex. problems with Candida Albicans, Heavy Metal Poisioning, Hemorrhoids, Anal Fissures or Fistulas, Weak Pelvic Floor Muscles, Anal Incontience, etc, etc? Third, just so I have an idea as to, what you are going, could you list off for me, the things you have tried to cover up your fecal body odor? Lastly, have you ever thought of, going to a Chinese Herbalist and specifically telling him or her, what your problems and symptoms are? The chinese are fairly knowledgeable of problems within the body and why they are there. You might want to look into this last idea, about seeing a chinese herbalist!!! Down below, is a list of things I have taken for my Fecal Body Odor:
1.Chlorophyllin pills
2.Pro M Internal Deoderizer
3.Body Odor Specialty pills
4.Bowel Cleanse
5.Colon cleanse
6.Intestinal Cleanse
7.Zinc and Parsley capsules
8.Digestive Enzymes
9.Probiotics
10.Graviola capsules
11.Peppermint capsules for IBS.
12.Hemorrhoids creams and Suppositories
13.Homeopathic medicines for anal fissures and fistulas
14.Wheatgrass Juice
15.Eating more bread (fiber)
16.Taking Manuka Honey
17.Candida Yeast Support Pills
18.Oil of Oregano Capsules
19.Body Lotions of all kinds
and lastly
20.Emu oil for skin health penetration.

None of all the above 20 items I have tried, have in no way, helped me. I am still trying to figure it out. My next step, is to take Betaine HCL, which I have read can, help people who have fecal body odor. The person who took it, didn't mention if he or she had just bad gas, or if it was something like smelling like feces, after having a bowel movement. This person said that Betaine HCL helped, because he had liver problems and by taking this Betaine HCL and also doing liver flushes, he noticed, that his fecal body odor started to diminish. I don't know why or how, you have what you have. It could be a number of reasons, why you have fecal body odor!! The only thing, that I can suggest is, to look into some of the above things I've mentioned like Candida Albicans, Heavy Metal Poisioning and also looking into, seeing if you have a problem with Mercury in the body. If that's the case, you would then want to be looking into Bentonite Clay. Your problem could be either internal or external or both. See if you can get to the root of the problem and go from there!! Something, you may want to give it a try, is putting 3 oz's of bentonite clay into a bathtub and sit in it, for 30 minutes and see what happens, when you get out. Just a thought. Before I go, you may want to research one last thing and that is, to find out, if you have a disease called TMAU. Google this and you'll find a whole whack of information on this uncurable disease. Anyway, I know I have given you a whole load of information and you're probably thinking, whoa, whoa, information overload, but it's good to investigate into every possible scenario, so that you can rule out, certain things within your body. I hope this information is helpful to you and that it will eventually lead you to a cure!!! If you want to get in touch with me personally, feel free to write me. Okay, I gotta go, but I hope to hear from you soon. Take care and God bless you!!!
|

replied July 12th, 2010
I have come down with a similar problem. I went to my local doctor today and although i haven't seen the results from my stool samples yet but my doctor has suggested i have an anal fissure. I may well also have an infection or a totally different problem altogether but what i can say is that you should definitely go to your local doctor with a full list of all your symptoms so that you can hopefully get some confirmation of the problem. You can hide and look at forums all you like but you need to find out what it is and what can be done
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2010
I agree that you must check with your health care professional to determine the cause of your odor. There are some things you should be remembering to do in the meantime however.

• Be sure to drink 8 glasses of water (and not flavored water or some other substitute) every day. This is so simple but often overlooked. Water cleanses your body - flushing toxins and wastes and transports nutrients to where they are needed. You will notice a difference in your skin in a short period of time.

• Stick to a healthy diet. Not as easy as drinking water, but not as hard as it seems. Avoid snacks, fatty foods, and red meats as much as possible because they may put excess strain on your digestive tract. It’s also a good idea to increase raw food groups that do not contain loads of additives or empty calories.

• Avoid nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine. A good detox may help but each detox flushes only so much, let it remove other built up toxins instead than these.

• Stay with a consistent program of exercise. Cardiovascular movement; such as walking, jogging or something similar 3 times a week for 30-60 minutes will help increase the metabolism and your digestive system.

• Hot showers, baths and steams will help improve circulation and open your pores and promote toxin release from the body. This is also true in your anal area. Cleanliness should be top priority but you probably already know that.

• Manage the stress in your life. It sounds hard, but avoid what you can. Don’t leave at the last minute, schedule less in your day, smile, even if you have to force it.

If your problem is a fissure or another medical problem, these suggestions may help but not "solve" the causal problem.
|

replied August 12th, 2010
Hello, I have the exact same problem many of you are describing. I am 18 and since I was probably 14 I've had this terrible poop smell coming from my anus. For me, this problem correlates with the fact that I cannot have a complete bowel movement. Every single time I go, it gets to the point where I feel more needs to come out, yet I cannot get anymore out. I then wipe so thoroughly, even using moist wipes. As the first poster described, I also find myself having to dig deep into my anus to try to get all the residue. This does not seem normal, as I remember wiping before I had this issue to be a simple quick process just involving the surface. Because of all this theres always a smell coming from my anus. I cannot smell it, but reactions of people around me, and even direct comments to me, which are extremely devastating, validate my nightmare. This smell seems to be associated with moisture around my anus, although this moisture is always clear and free of feces. This problem is baffling to me as Im sure it is to all of you. My highschool career was dampered by this, as no girl would obviously want to go out with a guy who smells bad. And now my reputation is one of that kid who smells. Ive gone to my doctor about this, and two GIs. Ive had a colonoscopy, which showed nothing. Im having a flexible sigmoidoscopy next week which may at least diagnose a fissure that I now suffer from in relation to having to dig and prod when wiping. Its unbelievable how something as simple and elementary as pooping can dominate our lives, as it has for many of us Im sure. There isnt a second during the day that I am not concious of my anus and the probability of a smell coming out of it. Im essentially afraid to walk in front of people and its hard to live with the fact that everyone thinks im dirty, even though I probably wipe better than anyone and take showers daily. I always get so angry when I think about how my life wouldve been so much different had I never had this issue. I think the best thing for all of us would be to find a person we can trust, whether it be family, friends, etc., and tell them about our problem, and ask them if they can be truthful and tell us when we smell or if we do not smell. I hope all of you can find the answers you need and I encourage you to write me if you want to talk to someone who is suffering similar problems.
|

replied August 19th, 2010
smell, order, pasty movements require wipes, residual
I began having similar symptoms at age 32 and am female of 46 . I have removed myself from having friends for fear and embarrasement with of smell and other issues mention above. I am a grown woman looking for getting my dignity and life back when I to also require baby wipes and identical issues. I am half the person I use to be. I withdrew from the gym which was my life that I said I would never do. I feel like an old woman now. Aches, pains. Does anyone have any one one common variable? I had severe acne and was treated with acutane before there was a controled the amount taken...........It is known to distroy the inside layer of the digestive track? It creates allergies to everything and possibly the chance for more issues later on. Perhaps its one common variable that everyone has. I am looking for relief and answers.
|

replied April 27th, 2012
Same problem here, also after taking accutane against acne for prolonged period of time. Diagnosed with alergies to milk, wheat, eggs and some more food groups.
|

replied August 22nd, 2010
Hi tamsol. I recently saw on tv that accutane has been linked to causing chrones disease, ibs, and proctitis. U may want to talk to your doctor about that possibility. Hope this helps
|

replied September 14th, 2010
SAME PROBLEM
I'm having the same problem. My butt always seems to smell.. At school i never want to walk past people sitting down cause i know i smell and that they will smell me, i don't even want to walk in front of them, sit down by them or even get close to them. I feel like not going to school, work, or anything that involves a lot of people. I just get so embarrassed about myself. I can tell other people smell me because i always hear them whisper about it or they actually say "he stinks!" I'm a 15 year old male. I just started getting these problems last year. I am going to see my doctor in a few days. I think it has something to do with my bowels. And for some reason it even looks like my butts dirty. I am so frustrated by this. Girls don't talk to me like they used to, i have probably 3 friends in school now and early last year i had almost my whole grade as friends. All the girls would say i'm the hottest guy in my grade, but i haven't heard any of this lately. My girlfriend just broke up with me cause i smell bad. I don't even want to show my face in school anymore, i'm really sick of feeling this way. I just about quit my job because of me smelling so bad cause i'm a busser at a fancy restraunt. And who wants a kid that smells like they took a crap in there pants clear the dishes off there table?? I also have gas problems. Really bad gas problems. I always have to fart in school and it just makes me smell worse. (this may sound weird for a teenage guy to say) but everyday at school i want to just collapse and start crying. I have had a frustrating life. I have had 3 surgeries. 1 when i was 3 cause i had cancer in my testicle, then when i was 11 i had another surgery on my testicle to get it removed. So now i have only one testicle. And 2 years ago i had chest surgery cause my ribcage was sticking out. I almost killed my mom in the delivery room cause the doctor went on vacation and left me and my mom alone. I weighed 13 pounds when i was born. The doctor said i was going to have down syndrome or any other birth defect. I'm sorry i'm typing so much but it feels good to let this stuff out every once in a while. But i don't know what to do with my stinky butt. I hope my doctor finds out whats wrong cause i can't live life like this for much longer..
|

replied December 16th, 2011
did you ever get an answer to your problem...i suffer the exact, and i mean exact same symptoms (smell, wetness around anus, constipation, peoples comments etc)and can't find any answers...
|

replied April 17th, 2012
Hope for a better day is what we all want
I want to say thank you for talking about this. I have the same problem which I too will write a ton about after typing this. Brother I feel your pain and hope you have luck with this problem. I used to have all the girls falling for me and I didn't ever see the signs, but that all changed in 9th grade when I lost my virginity. I then started to realize when girls wanted me and a few years later it all changed... I explain everything in my post just noticed that I am already ranting on about this haha one love bro (no homo). lol
|

replied September 14th, 2010
ChaseTA
I feel you man. I dealt with the same embarrassing thing throughout highschool. And just like you I never wanted to walk by people or even go to school at all because of this. It was something that stayed on my mind all the time and I knew i could not live my whole life like that. Just like you I couldnt have a girlfriend because of this. Obviously a girl isnt gonna get with a guy that smells. But you are doing exactly the right thing by going to your doctor and I wish you all the luck that it works out for you
|

replied April 25th, 2012
how did you manage it?
|

replied October 18th, 2010
This is what has happened to me when I was about 18. I am now 38. It has helped me reading your posts and to know I am not alone with this problem! Having this problem has held me back from the person I would of liked to have become. I took Indoramin when I was 17 due to a slow urine flow. I took Indoramin for about 6 months and it sorted the problem out. After that though I started having problems with what we are talking about now. I did read somewhere that Indoramin can affect the workings of the anus muscles. I cannot find where it said this now or I would print it off and show my doctor it but I believe the Indoramin has affected my ability to poo properly, not being able to push all the poo out and the smell.

I have found that going to the toilet first thing in the morning then showering help before I go to work. not over eating also has helped me and alcohol makes it worse.
|

replied October 18th, 2010
This is what has happened to me when I was about 18. I am now 38. It has helped me reading your posts and to know I am not alone with this problem! Having this problem has held me back from the person I would of liked to have become. I took Indoramin when I was 17 due to a slow urine flow. I took Indoramin for about 6 months and it sorted the problem out. After that though I started having problems with what we are talking about now. I did read somewhere that Indoramin can affect the workings of the anus muscles. I cannot find where it said this now or I would print it off and show my doctor it but I believe the Indoramin has affected my ability to poo properly, not being able to push all the poo out and the smell.

I have found that going to the toilet first thing in the morning then showering help before I go to work. not over eating also has helped me and alcohol makes it worse.
|

replied October 31st, 2010
the answer maybe?
hey i had this for a long time i finally got rid of it this will sound really stupid and much easyer then it looks but you definityly cant think about it or worry so much i thought mine was due to a anxiety disorder i dont know how that got started but it was terrible panic attacks i couldnt leave my house and basically, since i was in highschool when all this happen, the next summer i hung out with my close friends and kinda forgot bout it next school year was great and i barely have much anxiety and havnt had a panic attack for what seems like forever so i think its somehow a state of mind or u tence up around people or something
|

replied February 12th, 2011
Suggestion: Eat Two Bunches of Raw Parsley Everyday*

Hi! I used to suffer from the same embarrassing problem! I overcame it using very inexpensive means! I feel it’s my OBLIGATION to share**.
My (brief) story: in 1999 I decided to return to college to finish up a degree I tried for years to complete. I was trying to go to school and working full time. My stress level was insanely high. A year of this, my anus began to emit fecal like odor. I tried everything: washing, (at one point I was taking 8 showers a day), wiping, and wearing diaper. Nothing worked. After my graduation, I got a job. My co-workers made fun of me or whispered behind me. It was sheer hell.
The solution: I noticed my problem would be worse when I drank coffee and when I was stressed out. So I stopped drinking coffee. Also I googled around and discovered that eating parsley could be a cure***. I began to buy bunches of parsley and eat them raw. It was not easy but I had no alternative. I kept eating parsley – two or even three bunches everyday. I did this for about six months. The odor went away.
I hope my sharing will help. I was so depressed when I was suffering from this problem. I know how you feel.
I will be praying for you!! Good luck!!!!

*Sometimes I simply can’t chew and swallow the parsley anymore so I would chopped the parsley up and mix it with tomato and lemon juice and eat it like a salad.
**I had limited insurance when I was going through this crisis. Western doctors couldn’t tell me what’s wrong with me. Chinese herbalists MIGHT have been able to cure me, but I didn’t have enough resources (aka $$$ and time) to try their method (boiling those Chinese medications takes HOURS and they smell!!!)

***After researching, I found out my problem was probably related to kidney. I got a scan of my kidney – nothing was wrong. Nevertheless, I started buying vitamin pills that would cleanse kidney. It was too expensive for me. Then I learned eating raw parsley would also do the trick.
|

replied February 12th, 2011
Suggestion: Eat Two Bunches of Raw Parsley Everyday*

Hi! I used to suffer from the same embarrassing problem! I overcame it using very inexpensive means! I feel it’s my OBLIGATION to share**.
My (brief) story: in 1999 I decided to return to college to finish up a degree I tried for years to complete. I was trying to go to school and working full time. My stress level was insanely high. A year of this, my anus began to emit fecal like odor. I tried everything: washing, (at one point I was taking 8 showers a day), wiping, and wearing diaper. Nothing worked. After my graduation, I got a job. My co-workers made fun of me or whispered behind me. It was sheer hell.
The solution: I noticed my problem would be worse when I drank coffee and when I was stressed out. So I stopped drinking coffee. Also I googled around and discovered that eating parsley could be a cure***. I began to buy bunches of parsley and eat them raw. It was not easy but I had no alternative. I kept eating parsley – two or even three bunches everyday. I did this for about six months. The odor went away.
I hope my sharing will help. I was so depressed when I was suffering from this problem. I know how you feel.
I will be praying for you!! Good luck!!!!

*Sometimes I simply can’t chew and swallow the parsley anymore so I would chopped the parsley up and mix it with tomato and lemon juice and eat it like a salad.
**I had limited insurance when I was going through this crisis. Western doctors couldn’t tell me what’s wrong with me. Chinese herbalists MIGHT have been able to cure me, but I didn’t have enough resources (aka $$$ and time) to try their method (boiling those Chinese medications takes HOURS and they smell!!!)

***After researching, I found out my problem was probably related to kidney. I got a scan of my kidney – nothing was wrong. Nevertheless, I started buying vitamin pills that would cleanse kidney. It was too expensive for me. Then I learned eating raw parsley would also do the trick.
|