Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

lower glucose levels with bitter melon tea ?

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
I keep hearing about bitter melon tea lowering glucose levels. Has anyone tried it? Does it work? And the all important question : How does it taste?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2008
There are Products that have bitter melon for diabetes, instead of drinking tea.
|

replied January 25th, 2008
bitter melon
Hi, I would love to know besides cinnamon what are some other glucose lowering agents. Thanks for responding to my first query!
|

replied February 12th, 2008
Re: lower glucose levels with bitter melon tea ?
estherlolly wrote:
I keep hearing about bitter melon tea lowering glucose levels. Has anyone tried it? Does it work? And the all important question : How does it taste?

I started taking bitter melon just a few days ago and I have noticed a significant drop in my glucose levels. They have steadied between 4.5 and 5.2 even two hours after eating. I drink the tea in the morning and evening. On occassion I have found my glucose at 4.3 and felt it necessary to eat just a little to move it up a notch or two. My diabetic diagnosis has been somewhat confusing to me as one says I am borderline, the other says I am diabetic. Needless to say, I obviously need to watch my glucose levels and have altered my diet and lost weight. The tea will help give me the numbers to avoid medication. Does it work? I think it does. How does it taste? No different then a green tea and even has a slight pear smell to it. It is also known as Balsam Pear. I suggest you do a little research as there are claims about the possibility of the abortion of pregnancies, etc. There is a sea of information about Bitter Melon.
|

replied February 13th, 2008
Aurianne
Hi, where do you buy this tea? Do you send away for it? Is it found in Asian markets? I'd really like to try it . Thanks
|

replied February 14th, 2008
Bitter Melon
You can buy the tea at any Asian market. I don't have super high glucose levels but last night I had a plate of spaghetti with rice noodles. Two hours after eating I was at 6.1. Within 3 I was at 5.1 and this morning I woke up with a 4.5. It has gone as low as 4.3 so I tend to eat a couple of rice snaps before going to bed so I don't go too low overnight. The nice part is that I can eat a few more carbs without my levels going too high. When I was diagnosed, my A1C was 6.8. I can't wait until my next test now. My doctor was not convinced that I could lower my levels without meds! HA! In the meantime, I am losing weight so that at one point I might be able to drink one tea a day and be okay.
|

replied July 13th, 2012
Bitter gourd tea with honey and lemon?
I just bought bitter gourd tea can I add honey in it and a squeeze of lemon?
|

replied April 2nd, 2013
Bitter Melon Tea
Don't be afraid to try Bitter Melon tea or Bitter Melon
Green tea. Yes, it works and tastes better than eating
fresh bitter melon which tastes lousy and is hard to get.

You can find Bitter Melon tea at Oriental food marts in
your neighborhood. Remember, different cultures have different natural remedies for handling diabetes. You can
also buy Bitter Melon tablets at the Vitamin Shoppe. Not everybody carries the tablets.

As far as the tea goes,I was told to take a cup of Bitter Melon tea in the morning and take a cup at night.

I follow a low carb diet which has gotten my sugar numbers down plus I have the tea and tablets. My doctor
approves of this product, plus her mother grows it in her garden. I think that they have a Philippine background. Taking Bitter Melon tea along with smart eating will help you to bring your sugar numbers down.

I am not on insulin thanks to the dietary choices I have
made coupled with the bitter melon.
|