Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Will I Lose My Mucus Plug?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I'm at 36 weeks now and I have bad backaches all the time and what feels like menstral cramping in my lower abdomanal area. I also have extream pressure in my pelvic region. I assume all this is normal and healthy but because I have been getting more BH then usual that are stronger and longer then they used to be does this mean I could lose my mucus plug soon? Any signs to watch for? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
A lot of women don't lose their mucous plug until they are actually in labour and some lose it weeks before. Losing it does not signify that you are in labour but it is a good indictation that your body is preparing itself Very Happy
This mucous plug may not be recognised at all but it looks like a small piece of stringy jelly. Sometimes, but not always it may be streaked with a small amount of blood. Some women describe it as 'snotty'. Hope this helps

Becky x
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i didnt lose my mucus plug until i was in labour and the midwife tried breaking my waters
|

Extremely eHealthy
I lost mine about 3 weeks before going into labor.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
My first pregnancy i didn't lose mine until i was in labor, and they broke my waters.

This time i'm 37 weeks, and i lost mine last Thursday. I didn't lose it all at once though. I lost it in sections through out 3 days.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I lost mine around 36 weeks in a 2 or 3 day period...it was globby and snotty looking and so much...mine wasn't blood-tinged though...no labor for me yet, and I'm at 39 weeks.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I never lost mine. My water just broke.
|